We all played HOMM V for some time and it's time to choose..

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

What is your favorite faction in HOMM V?

Heaven
10%
Inferno
12%
Necropolis
24%
Dungeon
23%
Sylvan
16%
Academy
15%

Total votes: 164

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Nov 2006, 19:58

Look at academy.It is a very nice theme,but it fares poorly only because its weak.
Last edited by DaemianLucifer on 05 Nov 2006, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.

^Dagon^
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ^Dagon^ » 05 Nov 2006, 00:15

Dungeon all the way!

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 05 Nov 2006, 12:21

Orfinn wrote:So the undead are winning?
Only when preference equals power and favor equals army strength.

I thought necropolis is the most boring town.

Shauku
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shauku » 05 Nov 2006, 15:33

DaemianLucifer wrote:Look at academy.It is a very nice time,but it fares poorly only because its weak.
Not everyone votes for the strongest town, look at Haven.. But perhaps Academy would be ranked higher, if it was more userfriendly.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 05 Nov 2006, 15:42

Shauku wrote: Not everyone votes for the strongest town, look at Haven.. But perhaps Academy would be ranked higher, if it was more userfriendly.
I didnt say everyone,but lots of people do.I voted for the one that pleases my senses :devious:

Shauku
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shauku » 05 Nov 2006, 15:55

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the Succubus ;)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 05 Nov 2006, 16:47

And youd be right,because I voted for the controversal dungeon :devious:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 07 Nov 2006, 04:40

You and your dark elves!!!
Look at academy.It is a very nice theme,but it fares poorly only because its weak.
yet still is doing better than inferno, just don't get it
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

admira99
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby admira99 » 07 Nov 2006, 06:36

Dark elves are good, only that I am not a big fans of Dungeon since heroes 1. But it is a personal opinion, not more.

Necropolis is at 2nd place for me, if not because of their wraith. Yes, I am a big fans of Necropolis since Heroes 2, why? because they are unique, they have their own skill and in Heroes3, they have Dread Knights with them. In heroes V, now all the races has their own speciality and the new necropolis didn't have death/dread Knight with them. So I must say I enjoy playing Haven more now. Their Units' abilities are all I like about haven. Battle Dive, Benedicition, Large Shield you say it. Haven with their unit's special ability has a good synergy. Training (+ damage for retaliate) with Griffin's unlimited retaliation supported with Cleric's Stone skin, Paladin's high defense with Arch Angel's Ressurection. All of these synergies interest me and I put Haven as my 2nd most favorite faction

My favorites are still inferno, gating has a nice concept, works well with your units, cerberus with no retaliate, succubi mistress with both their chain attack and range attack retaliate, Hell fire with all your units and Balista, Brimstone, Imp/familiar in high number will disable a caster hero, not to mention that Nightmare is a very solid unit in both defense and attack (combine with fear and don't forget our dearest gating), Pit Lord with haste and teleport assault (and of course gating). Arch Devil with teleportation (Haste will cover their weakness in a pace). Yeah, I love the new inferno. It the faction I enjoy most in Heroes V. I don't know about fortress :D I will decide it once I played the expansion. Waiting... and waiting...

Night_Heaven
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Night_Heaven » 07 Nov 2006, 14:20

I cant belive that...What is soo good at Necropolis? This pool is hacked :P :P :P Haven is wayyy better than them...And Academy...and Sylvans..And still..that ugly necropolis leads...buuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...Down with the "many and stupid" tactics...boooooooo...Down with the necropolis town..

And about Dungeon..ha...I bet if there werent that scary shity blood maidens and the others this town it would be the worse...Some of the players play with them to stare at the that barfing maidens...LOOL... :P :P

Go go go...um....go go peasents the best units in the game...hurayyyy...

Bahototh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Favourite

Unread postby Bahototh » 07 Nov 2006, 18:47

My favourite would be Necropolis, as it have been through the series.
I do like to play with all factions though, I think it's what keeps the game interesting to me. It's against human opponents that it's fun to be an expert with certain troops.

On a side note about creature design; I've learned to live with most troops, but some of them are strangely sized. It's weird to me that the genie is so huge, and the matron looks too tiny...

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 08 Nov 2006, 06:28

Night_Heaven wrote:I cant belive that...What is soo good at Necropolis? This pool is hacked :P :P :P Haven is wayyy better than them...And Academy...and Sylvans..And still..that ugly necropolis leads...buuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...Down with the "many and stupid" tactics...boooooooo...Down with the necropolis town..

And about Dungeon..ha...I bet if there werent that scary **** blood maidens and the others this town it would be the worse...Some of the players play with them to stare at the that barfing maidens...LOOL... :P :P

Boy I hope that whole post is sarcastic .... but especially this bit
Haven is wayyy better than them
8|

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 08 Nov 2006, 15:58

... of course it is not sarcastic :D
I support(ed?) Nival... flame on !!!
The truth pure and simple is seldom pure and never simple...

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 09 Nov 2006, 03:47

well that bit obviously was :D I was just hoping the rest of the post was as well!! ;)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Nov 2006, 04:04

But peasants are the best unit in the game:You buy them no matter what race you are,stack them at home and get money from them.Peasants should be turned to neutral :D

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 09 Nov 2006, 04:20

I'm not sure that actually qualifies them as the best unit in the game though!

ecsunotos
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby ecsunotos » 09 Nov 2006, 04:27

Vote Academy!
I always love Titan, the only range attacker level 7 unit. In HoMM V Titans look very cool, towering the battlefield with their dignity. The range attack animation also cool, Titans blow tunder to attack. And now, Titan has only few weaknesses.
I always love magic. Powerfull magic compensate the weakness of the army. Small army with powerfull magic can defeat larger army !
And where Titan + Magic is ? The answer is : Academy !
More ever, in HoMM V, academy has a very interisting ability : artificier, wich also compensate the weaknesses of academy units.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 09 Nov 2006, 06:22

More ever, in HoMM V, academy has a very interisting ability : artificier, wich also compensate the weaknesses of academy units.
You are correct that it is an interesting ability, great idea even, shame that it is limited to late game only, and virtually unusable in small maps

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 09 Nov 2006, 06:49

In concept, Artificer is a great ability. However, in addition to its excessive need for resources, the benefits bestowed are rather uninteresting. It would have been nice to have some that are more geared to the Academy's magic using creatures.

I think the same can be said of Sylvan's Favored Opponent ability. On smaller maps, you do not see any type of creature often enough to let you develop the skill and then use it. You would like to wait till you can designate a higher level creature, so that postpones use even further. Finally, if you are able to defeat a week's worth of the creature, do you really need an advantage to beat them again? If I could do it over, I'd eliminate the kill requirement and let the Ranger choose a favorite faction. Gaining levels would make the attack do more damage.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 12 Nov 2006, 17:35

voted inferno
inferno is just fun playing with, winning battles without losses and gating really is a nice skill from the first battle to the last

Return to “Heroes V-VI”