who wants to see the fairy dragon return?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Do you want to see the fairy dragon return?

yes
52%
no
25%
dont care
23%

Total votes: 52

djtc
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby djtc » 14 Jul 2006, 20:36

Don't really as we already have enough dragons in factions, and therefore would be a neutral unit.

Still, it had great looks on HOMMIV, but I won't die if it doesn't come back.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 15 Jul 2006, 00:47

The FD is just ridiculous. Good riddance.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 15 Jul 2006, 01:15

I do have to say (echoing Caradoc's comments) that the first time I saw the fairy dragon, I did think, "What the hell is this thing???"

and I'm sad to say I kept thinking it everytime I saw it

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Jul 2006, 02:20

About the whole grim reaper thing:It was suggested as a top one for necro long ago.And I remember suggesting it to have an attack similar to hand of death.For example,it deals 30-50 damage,but the creature it attacks has 200 hp.So it kills exactly one.If the attacked creature has 40 hp,it can kill either exactly one,or exactly 2.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 15 Jul 2006, 02:29

it's an interesting thought, can i assume that for stacks of the creature it would use the total damage of the stack and round up .... rather than kill 1 unit high HP unit per Reaper (that would be a little overpowered)

cornellian
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby cornellian » 15 Jul 2006, 02:41

If they were with the Elves as the tier 7 creature, fairy dragons would be fine but as dragons are too mighty to be level 3-4 (fairy dragon is a dragon, not a draconian), it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to have them..

Besides why have another dragon when you can include old favorites like Cyclops, Behemoths; or even try new monsters.. I, for one, would prefer seeing an all-new monster instead of more dragons.. If we didn't have bone and spectral dragons in Necropolis (Wraiths should have been level 7), then fairy would be welcome in my book.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Jul 2006, 02:48

stefan.urlus wrote:it's an interesting thought, can i assume that for stacks of the creature it would use the total damage of the stack and round up .... rather than kill 1 unit high HP unit per Reaper (that would be a little overpowered)
Yes,the damage round up.Luck would be an interesting thing with such an attack.Either it wouldnt do a thing,or it would cause you to kill an extra creature you wouldnt with normal lucky damage.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 15 Jul 2006, 02:50

In that case, not a bad idea .... but then I am a fan of the wraith now, so any "upgrade" of it would be welcome by me

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Jul 2006, 02:55

This one could be a nice substituion for the current death touch of the wraith.And it wouldnt make it neither overpowered nor underpowered as it is now.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 15 Jul 2006, 03:08

I agree upgrading the wraith to level 7 and putting the death knight in as a level 6 would have been the superior way to go.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 15 Jul 2006, 03:23

mod anyone???

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 15 Jul 2006, 04:47

Hi,

In my limited time with H IV I thought that the fairie dragon was the most powerful unit. That lightning was very strong. Also, it wasn't a bad alternative to the phoenix.

I voted no; if it was in, it should go fairie dragon ----->Phoenix, replacing the emerald/green dragon in sylvan.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing a barbarian faction and there isn't any place for a fairie in the barbarian faction.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 15 Jul 2006, 07:28

DaemianLucifer wrote:This one could be a nice substituion for the current death touch of the wraith.And it wouldnt make it neither overpowered nor underpowered as it is now.
That ability would be a nightmare to balance. One attack against the enemy level 7 stack and *poof*, they're gone. At least if it's one kill/creature.

Though I prefer the name of wight/wraith.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 15 Jul 2006, 07:35

That ability would be a nightmare to balance. One attack against the enemy level 7 stack and *poof*, they're gone. At least if it's one kill/creature.
that's what DL and i were just talking about and it needs to be that whether it is a stack of 1 or 200 Reapers it will kill however many are damaged to 0 hp PLUS the one that remains hurt .... so the ability will be very strong if you have 1 or 2 reapers against a tier 7 enemy, but not so overpowered in bigger stacks, it scales

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Jul 2006, 07:42

Gaidal Cain wrote: That ability would be a nightmare to balance. One attack against the enemy level 7 stack and *poof*, they're gone. At least if it's one kill/creature.
Isnt that exactly how pit lords work?

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 15 Jul 2006, 07:46

Why not just copy the mighty gorgon death gaze ability in homm3(10% chance to kill a unit per gorgon) but strengthen it to balance out the fact that wraiths are worth about twice as much comparitively speaking.

Removing harm touch and replacing it with an automatic 15% chance per wraith to insta-kill a unit would be excellent. It would give wraiths that scare factor it needs at least when facing tier 7s and 6s. Meanwhile when facing the cheaper units(tier 1-3) it would barely make any difference at all.

This would compensate for the undeads weaker tier 7. To balance you may even up the cost of the wraith upgrade by a few more minerals(say 5 more mercury and 2000 extra gold) to reflect that.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 15 Jul 2006, 07:55

DaemianLucifer wrote: Isnt that exactly how pit lords work?
Pit lords are one kill minimum. If you do more damage than one kill, no difference. A h3 gorgon or h4 medusa-like ability would probably be better.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Jul 2006, 11:08

Gaidal Cain wrote: Pit lords are one kill minimum. If you do more damage than one kill, no difference. A h3 gorgon or h4 medusa-like ability would probably be better.
Well my proposal just add one extra kill,it doesnt kill the whole stack.For example,if you do 200 damage to a devil(hp 199)you will kill two.But if you do 397 you would still kill exactly two.Its just giving the creature some gamage range,then rounding it up.Its not overpowered at all,nor unbalanced.Like I said,it allows you to kill maximum one extra creature.The gorgons and medusas you mentioned could kill lots of additional creatures(you could kill dozens of low levels with a single stone gaze of a medusa in HIV).

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 15 Jul 2006, 14:10

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Gaidal Cain wrote: Pit lords are one kill minimum. If you do more damage than one kill, no difference. A h3 gorgon or h4 medusa-like ability would probably be better.
Well my proposal just add one extra kill,it doesnt kill the whole stack.For example,if you do 200 damage to a devil(hp 199)you will kill two.But if you do 397 you would still kill exactly two.Its just giving the creature some gamage range,then rounding it up.Its not overpowered at all,nor unbalanced.Like I said,it allows you to kill maximum one extra creature.The gorgons and medusas you mentioned could kill lots of additional creatures(you could kill dozens of low levels with a single stone gaze of a medusa in HIV).
I'm refering to gorgons. And it would be 10% per unit. Not a simple 10% chance to kill X units. So the more units you have the higher chance you have of killing stuff. You just don't kill things with most of your units. So 1 unit using death gaze couldnt kill 5 units. He would only have a X% of killing 1.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Jul 2006, 14:32

MrSteamTank wrote: I'm refering to gorgons. And it would be 10% per unit. Not a simple 10% chance to kill X units. So the more units you have the higher chance you have of killing stuff. You just don't kill things with most of your units. So 1 unit using death gaze couldnt kill 5 units. He would only have a X% of killing 1.
Yes,but then 11 units would always kill one unit,with 10% chance to kill one more.21 units would always kill 2 units with 10% to kill one more.That basically how gorgons work.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”