Game Crash help

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
CragHack_8386
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Game Crash help

Unread postby CragHack_8386 » 13 Jul 2006, 17:37

Hi all, I am new to the forums but I am a veteran Heroes player. I have been keeping up with the forums and the Heroes community here at CH for a while now, but I decided to jump in since I need some help.

I just bought Heroes V and can't wait to play it, but I also just bought a new laptop, which I am 100% sure will have no problems running the game. It has a good mid-range Geforce 256MB. Anyway, I have been waiting for the new Notebook in the mail but in the meantime I tried installing Heroes V on my old machine which I expeted to barly run it (a 32 Geforce). It actually worked, but always just quit to the desktop right after the loading screen finished. I never saw the game. I just thought it was because of my old graphics card, but I my grandfather just bought a brand new really powerful ACER. He got me to set it up and the first thing I did was install Heroes V. I though it would work, but it quit at the same spot. It is a brand new laptop with the crappy Intel 128MB card, but the game should run. Wheather I try to start a campain, or any custom game, it will load all the way and dump to the desktop with the "windows error report" just like it did on my old Compaq. Could this be a problem with the collectors edition I bought? Has anyone else had this problem. I haven't found anything on UBI's support about this or tried the 1.1 patch yet, and I am a little concerned since it happened on both machines. I am guessing it will also happen on my new machine which should be here early next week.

Any suggestions? (is this something 1.1 fixes?)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Game Crash help

Unread postby Pol » 13 Jul 2006, 17:56

The game will not should run with Intel integrated graphics, same for VIA Unichrome, they are too weak. It will however run on nvidia from 5200 I think, on the game case are written minimal requirements more exactly. (On ubi web too...) ;)

Edit: Exact requirements are in our FAQ ;)
Last edited by Pol on 13 Jul 2006, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Game Crash help

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 13 Jul 2006, 18:16

CragHack_8386 wrote:Hi all, I am new to the forums but I am a veteran Heroes player. I have been keeping up with the forums and the Heroes community here at CH for a while now, but I decided to jump in since I need some help.

I just bought Heroes V and can't wait to play it, but I also just bought a new laptop, which I am 100% sure will have no problems running the game. It has a good mid-range Geforce 256MB. Anyway, I have been waiting for the new Notebook in the mail but in the meantime I tried installing Heroes V on my old machine which I expeted to barly run it (a 32 Geforce). It actually worked, but always just quit to the desktop right after the loading screen finished. I never saw the game. I just thought it was because of my old graphics card, but I my grandfather just bought a brand new really powerful ACER. He got me to set it up and the first thing I did was install Heroes V. I though it would work, but it quit at the same spot. It is a brand new laptop with the crappy Intel 128MB card, but the game should run. Wheather I try to start a campain, or any custom game, it will load all the way and dump to the desktop with the "windows error report" just like it did on my old Compaq. Could this be a problem with the collectors edition I bought? Has anyone else had this problem. I haven't found anything on UBI's support about this or tried the 1.1 patch yet, and I am a little concerned since it happened on both machines. I am guessing it will also happen on my new machine which should be here early next week.

Any suggestions? (is this something 1.1 fixes?)
You're probably going to have to upgrade your video card. I had a 128 mb integrated card and had to upgrade to a 512 mb upg to run the game at anything that didn't look like a slide show. My computer is a fairly strong machine and it still chugs.

The game was rushed and is not optimized at all. I'm very disappointed with nival on this front.

As for the game flat out crashing the only thing I can really say is try updating your drivers. Even if your video card is weak it should still run. Just very slowly.

If that doesnt work return the game now and get your money back. I wouldnt waste my time to be honest.

Corelanis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Corelanis » 13 Jul 2006, 18:52

this may help it helped a friend of mine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/ ... 1431073344

Return to “Heroes V-VI”