Arch Devils aren't summoning

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Warmskin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Arch Devils aren't summoning

Unread postby Warmskin » 12 Jul 2006, 21:07

Playing the Inferno: Ship mission and I have some *Arch* Devils in my ranks. In battle I would like to summon Pit Lords but the AD's 'Casting' book is grayed out, it never turns brown. What's up with this? Playing on Normal and with the patch. Thanks.

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 12 Jul 2006, 21:14

A dead friendly stack is required to summon pitlords with your arch-devils. 2 pitlords per arch-devil in your army. It can potentially be a pretty strong ability but you usually have to keep your arch-devils back to use this to maximum effect.

Warmskin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Warmskin » 12 Jul 2006, 22:51

Does the dead friendly stack have to be Pitlords or will any stack do? Why would keeping my ADs back be 'using this to maximum'? Do you mean because I'd have more of them left if they don't get involved in much combat (leaving me with more PLs to summon)? And Thanks.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 12 Jul 2006, 22:56

the dead stack can be any friendly unit, i believe

and to the other question ..... exactly!!!

cornellian
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby cornellian » 12 Jul 2006, 22:57

Any stack will do the job, just sacrifice one of your fast ones, so that when you summon the pit lords (who come on top of the dead stack) are in range to enemy front line..

And yes, I suppose he meant less Devils dead=> more Pit Lords summoned..

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 12 Jul 2006, 23:49

You also have to have 120hp (I think) worth of dead allied stack in order to raise one Pit Lord.

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 13 Jul 2006, 15:11

Exactly. When your nightmares, cerberi, or familiars that you send into the thick of battle die they make an excellent option for raising pitlords. Not to mention the ordinarily slow pitlords are summoned in the enemy's face and the fact 2 pitlords match the strength of an arch-devil.

Lepastur
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Lepastur » 14 Jul 2006, 08:31

? A friendly stack? What a cheek, no? It should be any stack, enemy or foe, if not so, it's a cheat skill as big as Destructive Magic, don't you think?
Visita http://www.HeroesofMightandMagic.es (Portal) y http://www.TorreDeMarfil.es (Foro) / El sitio web en español más completo dedicado a la saga Heroes of Might and Magic, y a los otros juegos de la misma marca.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Jul 2006, 09:01

Lepastur wrote:? A friendly stack? What a cheek, no? It should be any stack, enemy or foe, if not so, it's a cheat skill as big as Destructive Magic, don't you think?
No,its just a friendly stack.Thats why devils are found underpowered by very large number of players.

Archaion
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Archaion » 14 Jul 2006, 17:37

Well, when you DO lose your rushing Nightmares/Cerberi up front, it's a perfect opportunity to summon some PitLords there! :)

Don't count out the frontal charge so easily! :)

Still, if Archies could summon Pits on ANY dead Stack, they would be Godly.

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 14 Jul 2006, 17:42

Archaion wrote:Well, when you DO lose your rushing Nightmares/Cerberi up front, it's a perfect opportunity to summon some PitLords there! :)

Don't count out the frontal charge so easily! :)

Still, if Archies could summon Pits on ANY dead Stack, they would be Godly.
I'd like to see devils/arch-devils be able to teleport everywhere on the battlefield(if not give them like speed 9-10) while nerfing summon pitlords to any dead stack but only 1 pitlord per arch-devil. That would make them worth their excessive cost while making summon pitlord more universally useful but not as strong overall.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”