About patch 1.2

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 16 Jul 2006, 02:29

Caradoc wrote: I'm already sick of the maps that are available.
Did you beat the dungeon single scenario?

Anyway thanks for the sanity Jolly Joker. It took Bethesda a month and a half from release date to release one patch for Oblivion and they are only just now working on language specific patches. By that scale H V is doing average time.

howgrizzly
Peasant
Peasant
Location: Somewhere out there in the Infernal Plane (Near 52°07'N 20°38'E)

Unread postby howgrizzly » 18 Jul 2006, 15:25

Where is that patch. I can't wait anymore. I'm on this site 24/24 every half hour. I don't even play H5 that much. I even look here when I'm in work :D
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you."
Friedrich Nietzsche

"How long can any man fight the darkness before he finds it in himself." - Sounds familiar? :D

Devlin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Devlin » 19 Jul 2006, 13:44

Patch announced for Thursday (tomorrow). 'Bout bloody time.

Guz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

1.2 news

Unread postby Guz » 19 Jul 2006, 13:59

Hey,

- Yes it sems like will see the 1.2 patch tomorrow :D

- More info here : http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 1011022464

- Guz
Meanwhile back in the desert the nomads were eating their dates.........

howgrizzly
Peasant
Peasant
Location: Somewhere out there in the Infernal Plane (Near 52°07'N 20°38'E)

Unread postby howgrizzly » 19 Jul 2006, 14:11

At last. The moment I've been waiting for. Wonder if they eventually make the town-entrance cam on/off option?
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you."
Friedrich Nietzsche

"How long can any man fight the darkness before he finds it in himself." - Sounds familiar? :D

Guz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Release time...!?

Unread postby Guz » 20 Jul 2006, 11:32

Hey,

- More info can be found from the links here :

1 ) Ubi ( English ) :http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 1011022464

2) Another site I found some information from is here ( German site ) :
http://drachenwald.net/

- Guz ;)
Meanwhile back in the desert the nomads were eating their dates.........

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 20 Jul 2006, 12:37

Jolly Joker wrote: The first area is that it is too powerful. It is completely possible with that tool to, inadvertantly, make a map-specific setting work for the whole game.
The second area is streamlining (most of) the capabilities into easy-to-use functions.
Poor planning there indeed. Sounds like they didn't intend to release an editor at all. If they had, logic dictates that they make it more userfriendly from the start.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

GatorG
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby GatorG » 20 Jul 2006, 12:56

They probably didn't have time from management to plan properly. A lot of people assume they have time to kill on their hands and can make every choice they choose to. There's got to be people out there that have actually worked under bosses before? G (-:

This is more likely the choice they had...get the job done by May or get fired...

At least they are allowed time and resources to do patches and give us a map editor eventually. That's a choice that could be removed permanently.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Jul 2006, 13:22

GatorG wrote:They probably didn't have time from management to plan properly. A lot of people assume they have time to kill on their hands and can make every choice they choose to. There's got to be people out there that have actually worked under bosses before? G (-:

This is more likely the choice they had...get the job done by May or get fired...

At least they are allowed time and resources to do patches and give us a map editor eventually. That's a choice that could be removed permanently.
Thats why it is ubis fault.Theyre the ones that have to predict how long it takes their emplyees to do a certain task and plan their work ahead.Its the top managment that is to blame for every blunder,but also to collect the credits for every success.

GatorG
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby GatorG » 20 Jul 2006, 13:27

Agreed...but what management is perfect? I'm just saying, that for me, I'm accepting the shortfalls, but am glad they are allowed to continue upgrading this wonderful game. G (-:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”