About patch 1.2

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
howgrizzly
Peasant
Peasant
Location: Somewhere out there in the Infernal Plane (Near 52°07'N 20°38'E)

Unread postby howgrizzly » 13 Jul 2006, 13:51

soupnazii wrote:you mean theyr waiting for people to translate it to other-than-russian-laguages, right?
If the game is russian in original than i should learn russian not english :D
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you."
Friedrich Nietzsche

"How long can any man fight the darkness before he finds it in himself." - Sounds familiar? :D

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 13 Jul 2006, 13:54

well, Ubi is a russian company...

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 13 Jul 2006, 14:14

heres to hoping the fact that its taking so long is that they want to put tons of good bugfixes in it and hopefully clear at least half of the buglist list on this fourm. heres to hoping..

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 13 Jul 2006, 14:52

hear, hear.

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 13 Jul 2006, 15:05

maybe they will fix the credits again. that thing is just annoying me so much, i dont even wanna play until they fix it.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 13 Jul 2006, 15:06

I'd also like to see a couple of maps thrown in, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 13 Jul 2006, 15:34

I wish they just can add a scorboard after winning a game, it is soo dry with no stats after completing a map.

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 13 Jul 2006, 15:44

soupnazii wrote:well, Ubi is a russian company...
Nope. Nival (the developer) is Russian. Ubi is a French company.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 13 Jul 2006, 17:00

whatever... either way, the game is originally developed in russian...

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 13 Jul 2006, 17:01

Prediction :

1.2 will come out at the end of july.

1.3 with map editor will come out in november.

1.4 balance patch will come out when the expansion comes out next fall.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 13 Jul 2006, 17:09

well, didnt the june patch (1.1) come out already? cause they said that each patch should come out in the middle or late part of each consecutive month (if 1.1 was june, then 1.2 should come out within the next two weeks and 1.3 in 1 month). so that means that so far they are actualy on scedule. i thought before that 1.2 was the june patch, which is why i thought they were late with it, but now i realise that it is actualy the july patch so so far the are not late at all.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 13 Jul 2006, 17:20

Actually, Patch 1.1 was released on June 6th and shortly after someone of authority (I can't remember who) clearly stated that they planned on releasing subsequent patches at the end of each month starting with one (1.2) at the end of June. So, in all technicality, they are now closing in on 3 weeks late.

howgrizzly
Peasant
Peasant
Location: Somewhere out there in the Infernal Plane (Near 52°07'N 20°38'E)

Unread postby howgrizzly » 13 Jul 2006, 17:35

I just can't wait for the map/campain editor. :-D
Every day I wake up i run to my PC and log on https://www.celestialheavens.com
to see if the patch is there. Sometimes I look for new mods.
U guys use any mods?
There is a nice old look skins for Heaven troops MOD on www.elrath.com
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you."
Friedrich Nietzsche

"How long can any man fight the darkness before he finds it in himself." - Sounds familiar? :D

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 13 Jul 2006, 20:11

MrSteamTank wrote:Prediction :

If you don't want to suggest that patch 1.4 is actually being released BEFORE patch 1.3 you mean the addon will come Fall 2007. Now, that can't be right, can it? The addon is something that the customer has to buy. The patch is something the customer gets for free. So think again. :)
For the patch release rhythm, yes, it was planned initially to try and get a patch out each month. But you know how it goes with plans. You may plan to be a hippie, never wear any clothes, never go to work, have lots of pet animals and never get old - and your wife asks you whether you'd like to try and taste an apple.
Or you plan to get out a patch every 4 weeks - and suddenly it's every six. Looks human, kind of.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 13 Jul 2006, 20:17

I've said several times that I am nervous about the editor. What could be holding up its release? Obviously there has been a working version for some time, since there were maps as early as the Beta. Clearly, it would need to be a priority if the other 2 or 10 or however many depended on it. Since it's a GUI, I can't imagine there is that much translation required, and they must realize that putting out an English version would be enough to start the flow of user maps.

So what could the matter be? Is it badly broken? Does it require technology they do not own? Are they putting in some sort of copyright protection?
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 13 Jul 2006, 20:34

Caradoc wrote:So what could the matter be? Is it badly broken? Does it require technology they do not own? Are they putting in some sort of copyright protection?
Oorgh! You may be right, but I don't wish that :disagree:
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 13 Jul 2006, 20:36

Jolly Joker wrote:
MrSteamTank wrote:Prediction :

If you don't want to suggest that patch 1.4 is actually being released BEFORE patch 1.3 you mean the addon will come Fall 2007. Now, that can't be right, can it? The addon is something that the customer has to buy. The patch is something the customer gets for free. So think again. :)
For the patch release rhythm, yes, it was planned initially to try and get a patch out each month. But you know how it goes with plans. You may plan to be a hippie, never wear any clothes, never go to work, have lots of pet animals and never get old - and your wife asks you whether you'd like to try and taste an apple.
Or you plan to get out a patch every 4 weeks - and suddenly it's every six. Looks human, kind of.
When they actually inform of us of the delay and give us a predicted date for its release then I won't be as skeptical. However, following the trend I see nival taking regarding updates I wouldnt be too surprised if the end result is something like what I listed before.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Jul 2006, 22:00

Caradoc wrote:So what could the matter be? Is it badly broken? Does it require technology they do not own? Are they putting in some sort of copyright protection?
It been badly broken sounds like the most probable answer to me,but putting copy protection isnt imposible.What Im certain is that the delay is not due to the map editor(though I wish I am wrong).

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 13 Jul 2006, 23:19

i have similar fears .... the map editor is so much more vital for this heroes then any previously due to the limited maps avail .... so i hope they get it out not too far away and that it is robust

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 14 Jul 2006, 03:39

Caradoc wrote: So what could the matter be? Is it badly broken? Does it require technology they do not own? Are they putting in some sort of copyright protection?
There is another possibility:

They may be trying to make scripting more friendly to non-programmers (one of the major problems with the initial release of Neverwinter Nights was that you essentially needed to know C in order to use the toolset with anything remotely resembling competence).

I'm not saying that's the case, but we shouldn't limit our imagination in coming up with reasons for delay.

My personal favorite is that a legion of chimpanzees armed with stress-relief squishy balls has gotten into the crawlspaces of the ventilation system. I don't think that one's too likely, though. :)

Anyway, I'm eager for the release of the Map Editor, but there is a difference between an editor that the design team can use and one the general public can use.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”