Sylvan Campain - Second Mission. Emerald Dragons

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
stiff_bg
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Sylvan Campain - Second Mission. Emerald Dragons

Unread postby stiff_bg » 08 Jul 2006, 06:36

My questing is pretty simple!

Where or earth are those dragons located???

Haven't searched only the underground to the north because i cannot find a way to it???

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 08 Jul 2006, 06:40

You must vist obeliks (like for finding grails). Didn't you get a cutscene about it and or check the details of the mission objectives?

stiff_bg
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby stiff_bg » 08 Jul 2006, 06:41

I didn't got the cutscene and in the details there is nothing mentioned about the obelisks :(.

thanks a lot!

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 08 Jul 2006, 06:51

IIRC you get the first dragon and cutscene after capturing an enemy town. After that the obelisks will start to function as keys to the dragons. If you did not get that first dragons and the cutscene, i am not sure the obelisk script functions... :(

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 08 Jul 2006, 07:06

Yes, you need to capture a town to free the first dragon. Until then, the obelisks won't function.
As a side note, even if you manage to lose all the dragons on the map, it's still possible to win by building their dwelling in your starting town.

stiff_bg
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby stiff_bg » 08 Jul 2006, 07:26

I just haven't captured a town. They are all full with units and i don't want to waste hunters for nothing so that was the problem.

Many thanks to all. Very helpful forum

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 08 Jul 2006, 13:24

Sikon wrote:Yes, you need to capture a town to free the first dragon. Until then, the obelisks won't function.
As a side note, even if you manage to lose all the dragons on the map, it's still possible to win by building their dwelling in your starting town.
Although the dragon dwellings is not buildable until certain other conditions are met. You cannot simple gather resources and build the dragons before doing some of the rest.

stiff_bg
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby stiff_bg » 11 Jul 2006, 06:58

What are those special conditions?

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 11 Jul 2006, 08:22

well i just got my first one .... from Ur-smersakfjhakh or whatever the town is called, he had just emptied it of troops and jumped on a ship, i walked in and cleaned up the few units he could build when he saw me coming and then yay for my dragon .... now to clean of the obelisk guardians, should be a piece of cake, my findan kicks a$$

Echo_
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Echo_ » 11 Jul 2006, 17:07

How are you guys able to defeat the main hero? He chases me from the underground all the way to his castle, I take the castle, and then he kills me in the town on the next turn.

He's got 150+ Cerebus, 400+ Famlliar, about 50 suc. misstress, 20ish pit lords, 290+ Horned Overseers, and about 30 nightmares. My army does not matchup with his. Am I going to slow/should I attack him sooner? Any advice woudl be welcome.
Be Without Haste
Live the Moment

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 11 Jul 2006, 17:44

Echo_ wrote:How are you guys able to defeat the main hero?
I used the old trick of changing the castles. He took my sylvan town and i took 2 of his fully built inferno towns. Before he showed any interest in taking the infernos back, i had accumulated an inferno army and a secondary hero who could soften him (and imps for depleting his mana).
Edit. i think he attacked me in a castle too. with depleted mana my main concern was to take off the catapult and then handle succubies and gated stacks that posessed any threat. You could use also (secondary) hero with dark magic. Inferno towns most likely have frenzy spell. frenzied pitlords next to the catapult save you a lot of trouble and time...

sumalmamus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

BEATING THE ENEMY ON SYLVAN EMERALD DRAGONS CAMPAIGN

Unread postby sumalmamus » 12 Jul 2006, 03:07

I had the adventure spell summon creatures, steered near my inferno city on the north and loaded up what slots I could after dismissing my sprites and other lesser troops. Then bushwhacked her on a boat right after she had gotten a little softened from taking back her castle from me on the NE. I also really lucked out because she left her imps there to guard the castle -- she had so many of them the time I tried to take her out when she was in the castle that first turn out of the box they had totally sucked away my entire mana supply. It still was a pretty near thing, she had some very powerful artifacts that made the rest of that mission a romp.

stiff_bg
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby stiff_bg » 15 Jul 2006, 17:26

Qurqirish Dragon wrote:
Sikon wrote:Yes, you need to capture a town to free the first dragon. Until then, the obelisks won't function.
Although the dragon dwellings is not buildable until certain other conditions are met. You cannot simple gather resources and build the dragons before doing some of the rest.
I am stuck again. I managed to visit all the obelisks and almost killed the inferno, but i lost 2 dragons. I still cannot build the dragon dweling in my castle. What else should I do?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 15 Jul 2006, 19:11

Kill the inferno. You'll get some extra dragons, and I think you'll be allowed to build a dragon altar as well.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Return to “Heroes V-VI”