#Why can't I learn/cast...

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Bethel
Pixie
Pixie

#Why can't I learn/cast...

Unread postby Bethel » 03 Jul 2006, 22:36

Okay, so my hero has expert level in 4 different magic types, and I can't learn Town Gate from my mage guild??

Also, with two different heroes I've been unable to cast particular spells in battle. Both times, I had cast the spell at least once (Resurrection/Raise Dead) and then, with plenty of spell points and creatures which were dead, the spell was grayed (greyed for you British-type spellers) out.
Cost me the battle and the game in the case of Resurrection. (the Maahar[sp?] map)

I have not patched the game.

Phate
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Phate » 03 Jul 2006, 22:39

I'm pretty sure your hero has to be a certain level to cast town portal (in the 20s?)

As for the second one, if you have the mana, the only reason the spell would be grayed would be if the spell cannot have an effect so :|

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: #Why can't I learn/cast...

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 03 Jul 2006, 22:42

Bethel wrote:Okay, so my hero has expert level in 4 different magic types, and I can't learn Town Gate from my mage guild??
You need to get him to level 20 first. Magic skills has nothing to do with it.
Also, with two different heroes I've been unable to cast particular spells in battle. Both times, I had cast the spell at least once (Resurrection/Raise Dead) and then, with plenty of spell points and creatures which were dead, the spell was grayed (greyed for you British-type spellers) out.
Cost me the battle and the game in the case of Resurrection. (the Maahar[sp?] map)
Sounds like your stacks were dead and had another stack standing on them. Or were composed of Garoyles or golems. If those aren't it, I've no idea what the matter could be.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

juventas
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby juventas » 03 Jul 2006, 22:57

Check out Zoltan's special ability. There is a chance every time you cast a spell that Zoltan will prevent you from casting that spell again during that battle.

Bethel
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bethel » 04 Jul 2006, 04:11

juventas wrote:Check out Zoltan's special ability. There is a chance every time you cast a spell that Zoltan will prevent you from casting that spell again during that battle.
Okay - these answers explain everything.

Thanks so much! It's a loser map. Unfortunately, there aren't a whole lot of the extra-large (my favorites) so I'm going to have to decide whether it's worth trying it again. Right now, I can't run, can't hide - can't do anything but die.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 04 Jul 2006, 12:18

Then die with honor, for trying and remember training in any map makes perfect...or at least close to it ;)

StMichael
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Location: Transilvania (Romania) the land of Vampires ! ^BLA^

Unread postby StMichael » 06 Jul 2006, 21:33

Not all maps are worth playing !

Return to “Heroes V-VI”