My Necropolis Guide

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Lord_Haart
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Lord_Haart » 05 Jul 2006, 06:30

Have to agree with the thread starter here - while I agree with Gus about the guide not being quite so complete, going on and on about it for 3 pages isn't helping. If someone shows me a crappy car design, I can tell him NICELY what is wrong with it, instead of spitting in his face for trying.

Attitude, guys. That's what matters.

Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 05 Jul 2006, 12:06

kingcomrade wrote:You yourself just admitted that you both have nothing to contribute and wouldn't contribute anyways
i'm sorry, no offence, but i think you need to learn to read, or to learn English, or both.
You haven't given me a word of constructive criticism, just written "lawl tihs sux lawl" a couple times.
really? aw, shame, i was certain i said "you need to give more than one strat with one hero, you need to expand on this and this", to which you nicely answered "look, this is not supposed to be a complete guide, so shut up".
If you indeed worked on making the guide better after the admins asked you, then why is it so hard to admit i was right, and the guide was not worth it in the first place?

Oh, and finally: you'll notice i had dropped the subject, and you're the one who kept rekindling the debate every single time. I mean, if you want to start arguments, fine by me, but don't accuse me then =)

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 05 Jul 2006, 13:00

Lord_Haart wrote:Have to agree with the thread starter here - while I agree with Gus about the guide not being quite so complete, going on and on about it for 3 pages isn't helping. If someone shows me a crappy car design, I can tell him NICELY what is wrong with it, instead of spitting in his face for trying.

Attitude, guys. That's what matters.
His strategy by the looks of it seems to be the best necro strat out there. Considering unless this game is well balanced(doubt that) then I'm pretty confident that their realistically in skilled play 1 strategy that dominates the others. In that case it is the ultimate necro strat to do.

What other undead strategy is as strong as this one? If someone has one please feel free to tell me as I'm playing the necro campaign and I'd like to know.

RK
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RK » 05 Jul 2006, 17:11

This strat works great like a machine, something to the extent of Sinitar+Dungeon combo. I don't really see what's everyone's problem with it. ('omg, ur so boring, this isn't strategy' isn't even close to an argument) :disagree:

MonkeyKong
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MonkeyKong » 05 Jul 2006, 19:24

zhuge wrote:Ok, normal damage for Cold Steel appears to be around 9.0-9.2% of regular damage inflicted (or about 11 points of damage gets you one point of cold as Alamar stated, which is more or less the same).

Magic Proof 50% for Iron Golems and Earth Elementals drop this to about 4.6-4.9%

Magic Proof 75% for Steel Golems drop this to about 2.2-2.5%

Obsidian Gargoyles are immune.
Sorry, but this is not correct. Cold Steel always increases your damage by 10% except when facing cold resistance or immunity.

If you want to calculate the the percentage you have to subtract the additional damage first.

example:

Lich Titan 375 34 9,066666667
normal damage is 375 - 34 = 341
Cold Steel adds a 10% bonus: 10% * 341 = 34

Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 05 Jul 2006, 23:31

@RK
if any argument against is met by your "this is not even close to an argument", then the discussion's closed indeed.

Archaion
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Archaion » 10 Jul 2006, 02:21

Nice Necro-guide!

Many thanks, this is surely a winning strategy!

Vladimir truly is one of the powerhouses in this faction.

TinBane
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TinBane » 10 Jul 2006, 03:37

This is a good strategy, but not necessarily the best. I believe it depends on your opponent etc. Fighting a ranger with wraiths, lich and skele archers as favoured, is going to cane your army hard. Additionally, teleporting non-retaliators, and tying up vampires with ancient treants using defence ability is going to hurt you badly.

Dark magic, for instance, is useful for breaking such a deadlock. You not only have finite magic, but finite initiative during the battle to cast raise dead. Mass cursing your opposition, means that your heal is effectively worth around 50% more than normal (depending on the creatures they are attacking with). Spells such as corruption (or whatever its called) are also very useful, especially when cast as a mass spell, against enemies which use haste etc to get more actions, or which have very high initiatives.

Relying on archers to nail your opposition will only get you so far, against a canny opponent. Additionally, money isn't really an issue, if you manage finances correctly, in a battle where you only hold one tower, with minimal creature buildings. In such a condition you can easily afford to max out all creatures, all upgraded, and even with four thousand skeletons, against an army of equivalent size (accumulated over the same time as it takes to get 4k skeles) you won't be killing all your enemies, nor will they be moving close to you.

Given that your strategy is using wraiths, confusion is an excellent spell. Wraiths seem a touch weak against some enemies, due to the power of retaliations, especially against Rakshasa, which don't allow retalitation. Therefore halving the effect of the enemies retalitation is especially useful. Also this works excellently against titans.

While your strategy is interesting, its hardly an exhaustive investigation of the myriad powers true necromancers hold :P

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Jul 2006, 05:03

Actually,with mark of the necromancer you have infinite magic and you can raise dead forever.Its not just thousands of skeleton archers that you opponent has to worry about,its the fact that he has to kill over 300 of them before every action of your hero.

TinBane
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TinBane » 10 Jul 2006, 05:09

And, as I said, he has to use about twice as much troops for every 300 he kills, if you curse them. Or alternatively you can make them act more often etc to increase damage output.

There are many styles of combat available. Hell, you can even fight using power, rather than attrition to defeat your enemy with necro, if you have a little destruction.

Fire spells to weaken their armour etc :)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”