Heroes V Lore Discussion *Spoiler*

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jul 2006, 22:27

The human bones are fragile,yet elven bones are much more durable.And human carcases rot faster then the elven ones.So in order to create a much tougher army markal simply has to attack the elves.Simple as 1,2,4...errr,I mean 3 :devil:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 08 Jul 2006, 22:34

Sikon wrote:Now here's the question: how did Markal manage to kill the angels? They're supposed to be immortal, it's just they ascend to heaven after "death".
The question is how he managed to get their wings. Cause if a creature has a soul they never actualy die. Maybe even the angels leave a body behind?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

koganei83
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby koganei83 » 09 Jul 2006, 03:58

so he killed the elves for a bigger army? I thought the wizards will be enough, i mean he can create hordes of archliches which are much better and deadier...

so am I right to say the most stupid fraction goes to the humans? I mean they did nothing but started the war against the elves and wizards even..

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Jul 2006, 04:40

I didnt say bigger but stronger.Also elves have greater magic potential then humans,so raising druids as liches is better :devil:

juventas
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby juventas » 09 Jul 2006, 04:54

ThunderTitan wrote:
Sikon wrote:Now here's the question: how did Markal manage to kill the angels? They're supposed to be immortal, it's just they ascend to heaven after "death".
The question is how he managed to get their wings. Cause if a creature has a soul they never actualy die. Maybe even the angels leave a body behind?
I just find it funny that the wings had straps and buckles 8|

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 09 Jul 2006, 06:10

but why would Markal wanted to attack the elves in the first place...
What do all people with power want? More power.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 09 Jul 2006, 09:17

juventas wrote:I just find it funny that the wings had straps and buckles 8|
You don't suppose Markal could add that by himself? ;)

And while the elves had opposed him earlier (sent an army towards Isabel, gave the rebels refuge), it would have been nice to get some more explanations.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Jul 2006, 12:12

Gaidal Cain wrote: You don't suppose Markal could add that by himself? ;)
Guess he had the Leatherworking skill.

Elves are alive, so killing htem is a must for any self respecting necromancer. Not that Markal was much of one.....
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 09 Jul 2006, 21:01

While doing some research for *cough* hmm, something, I found this in the timeline on the official site:
67 YSD Prophecy of the Demon Messiah
Sar-Shazzar gives the Prophecy of the Demon Messiah, which predicts, among other things, that a half-demon hero will someday shatter the Demon Prison and unleash bloody chaos on the world.
7 years later...
74 YSD Mysterious death of Sar-Shazzar
Sar-Shazzar dies in his sleep. When attendants attempt to move his body to the Necropolis for preparation and burial, it crumbles to ashes.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Jul 2006, 21:05

Meaning?!

Except the fact that you'll probably release and then defeat the demons in DM!?

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 09 Jul 2006, 21:11

Every self respecting necromancer wants to rule the world, destroy all life and so on. Markal probably saw elves as strongest remaining nation and started his attack. Empire was under his control, dark elves fighting civil wars, silver cities ruined. While deamons were owerated imho, because even after war with markal and various other onflicts good guys managed to beat them.

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 10 Jul 2006, 05:03

Empire was under his control, dark elves fighting civil wars, silver cities ruined.
The Silver Cities were also under his control.

Odolwa
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Odolwa » 11 Jul 2006, 12:38

If we look at this map over Ashan:
http://heroespedia.celestialheavens.com ... /Ashan.jpg

Check out the peninsula of Heresh, which I presume is the homeland of the Necromancers.

What's the current state of that land? Is it populated?

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 11 Jul 2006, 13:25

Would you believe that Isabel herself is the Demon Messiah? It might be possible that the Sovereign just awakened her (remember the phrase "I have the child, you can have her back") and the outro movie sorta confirms it. Btw, do we actually know anything about Isabel's parents?

I would believe this theory however I truly doubt that the main villain in DMoMM will be a wicked woman in early forties.

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 11 Jul 2006, 13:42

Yes, we know. According to her biography, Isabel is the only child in the ruling family of the Greyhound Duchy. So her parents sound pretty human.
There's some speculation on the Heroic Corner forum that "Isabel" from the outro is actually Biara.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 11 Jul 2006, 14:07

Ah yes, the biography. Well, still you never know, it can be incomplete.

I had this idea about Biara being Isabel in the outro as well but then again - Biara's made too many transformations already so it's quite enough. If the Sovereign really has the child, he'd have no more interest of Isabel ... except if Isabel is the child. Any other explanations of the outro then? Simply Isabel's tainted and that's it? Nah, I don't think so.

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 11 Jul 2006, 15:27

So, you're suggesting that Kha-Beleth had an affair with Mommy Greyhound? And that Tieru was mistaken about the Demon Messiah's identity all along?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 12 Jul 2006, 00:33

Well that would add some mistery and make the plot intriguing,so my guess is that its not the case.

Odolwa
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Odolwa » 15 Jul 2006, 23:20

About Shadya:

Shadya never existed, she was only one of Biara's disguises.
Then why do Nival make up an background story for her?

"Shadya's family was killed off early in the succession wars of the Soulscar clan. As the sole survivor, she has dedicated her entire life to revenge. Training herself in every art that could further her vendetta she disappears for months at a time, resurfacing only to cross another enemy off her list. One against hundreds, Shadya has mastered all there is to know about infiltration, evasion, assassination, and subtlety."

They could had written something like:
"Nothing of Shadya's past is known".

So, why make a fake story? :|

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Jul 2006, 02:51

Odolwa wrote:About Shadya:

Shadya never existed, she was only one of Biara's disguises.
Then why do Nival make up an background story for her?

"Shadya's family was killed off early in the succession wars of the Soulscar clan. As the sole survivor, she has dedicated her entire life to revenge. Training herself in every art that could further her vendetta she disappears for months at a time, resurfacing only to cross another enemy off her list. One against hundreds, Shadya has mastered all there is to know about infiltration, evasion, assassination, and subtlety."

They could had written something like:
"Nothing of Shadya's past is known".

So, why make a fake story? :|
They finally tried to make the story believable and subtle.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”