So the six dragons are...?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jun 2006, 22:20

zhuge wrote: You know there's really plenty of material for an expansion here.
For starters, AFAIK there's no mention of Faceless in the Dungeon town, whose Dark Elves worship Malassa.
There is actualy. The elves became Dark Elves after they made a deal with the Faceless. It's in the Dungeon history thing.

Right now we have 3 free dragons and dragonless Orcs.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 25 Jun 2006, 22:39

They said that there's like 11 factions planned in total (note: not necessarily for heroes 5), so yes, there's lots of room for expansion towns.

The question is, what's the last faction?

We have orcs (no dragon), Nagas, (water), Dwarves (fire), and Sylath-worshiping humans in the Free Cities. One is missing. I think the faceless ones were hunted to near extinction, so they're probably not "it".
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jun 2006, 22:52

Gaidal Cain wrote:Sylath-worshiping humans in the Free Cities. One is missing. I think the faceless ones were hunted to near extinction, so they're probably not "it".
The way DMoMM describes the Free Cities it's unlikely that they'd make a good faction for HoMM. Actualy they're not even a faction, but many different Sylath worshiping towns, like the medieval italian city-states.
And the Faceless are allied with the Dungeon, so not a different faction.

Anyone else notice that the male dragon names always end in ATH and the female ones in A with an LA in them for the elemental ones?

And does anyone know an alternative name for a lizard race then Naga? Maybe we can get them to change it. :D And they better not be using Nagi for the females. :devil:
Last edited by ThunderTitan on 26 Jun 2006, 12:05, edited 1 time in total.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 25 Jun 2006, 22:56

ThunderTitan wrote: The way DMoMM describes the Free Cities it's unlikely that they'd make a good faction for HoMM. Actualy they're not even a faction, but many different Sylath worshiping towns, like the medieval italian city-states.
And the Dungeon is a bunch of clans that wars a lot internally...

That said, I don't think the free citities will be a faction in heroes, but it's considered one of the "cultures" that ubisoft made for their world and which they called factions in that interview.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

zhuge
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby zhuge » 25 Jun 2006, 22:58

Ah yes I notice the reference to Faceless now. Guess I wasn't paying much attention before. :tongue:

Well I strongly feel Barbs and Orcs need to be back. They were part of the game like since H1. Hell since King's Bounty come to think of it. Besides, what's a fantasy game without some hackneyed greenskins ;) :tongue:

Also we have 3 Good towns and 3 Evil towns currently and heroes which are not leading troops of their alignment get severe morale penalties. Some Neutral towns would fit in nicely for balance.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jun 2006, 23:04

Gaidal Cain wrote: And the Dungeon is a bunch of clans that wars a lot internally...
I was talking more about the description of one of the DMoMM Guard guy saying how the Free Cities don't really have armies and sht.

And the DE have dominant clans and the like, so a hierarcy to lead them, no matter the internal wars, the Free Cities don't.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 26 Jun 2006, 03:13

Gaidal Cain wrote:They said that there's like 11 factions planned in total (note: not necessarily for heroes 5), so yes, there's lots of room for expansion towns.

We have orcs (no dragon), Nagas, (water), Dwarves (fire), and Sylath-worshiping humans in the Free Cities. One is missing. I think the faceless ones were hunted to near extinction, so they're probably not "it".
Dragon Knights. Guessing, mind.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 26 Jun 2006, 05:37

while on that thought, why not Dragon dragons

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 26 Jun 2006, 06:27

And the Dungeon is a bunch of clans that wars a lot internally...
Was. Before Raelag.

I wouldn't trust this timeline too much, since it contains at least one inaccuracy: Nicolai's father is called Andrei, while in the game he's called Alexei. (By the way, these are Russian names, but Nival westernified them into Nicholas and Alex when making the Russian version. Weird.)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Jun 2006, 08:25

Sikon wrote:(By the way, these are Russian names, but Nival westernified them into Nicholas and Alex when making the Russian version. Weird.)
Guess they wanted them to sound exotic. King Alex... :loll:

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 26 Jun 2006, 11:03

with an LA in them for the elemental ones?
Except the dragon of Fire, Arkath Maybe rename it to Arkalath

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Jun 2006, 11:26

Orfinn wrote:
with an LA in them for the elemental ones?
Except the dragon of Fire, Arkath Maybe rename it to Arkalath
I meant for the female ones. should have use a comma.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 26 Jun 2006, 11:30

Ah...yes I see it now. And the names are nicely thought out IMO.

Zacharo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zacharo » 26 Jun 2006, 15:23

ThunderTitan wrote: And does anyone know an alternative name for a lizard race then Naga? Maybe we can get them to change it. :D And they better not be using Nagi for the females. :devil:
Orochi perhaps? They are snake people in oriental mythology if I remember it right.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 26 Jun 2006, 16:33

isnt that strangely close to "Ururk-Hai" from LotR? or maybe i pronounced it wrong...

edit:
btw, DL and TT:

HAHA! youre back down to 0!!!!

now lets see which one can get back up to 5,000 again first. i bet by the time the next person gets there they would have raised the cap. btw, i wasnt here, so can someone tell me if there was any special title at 5,000?

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 26 Jun 2006, 16:55

No trying to start pointless postcount-discussions please.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 Jun 2006, 19:13

Gaidal Cain wrote:They said that there's like 11 factions planned in total (note: not necessarily for heroes 5), so yes, there's lots of room for expansion towns.

WHatever it is,I just hope its not another human or elven faction.Ill even accept cyborgs.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 26 Jun 2006, 20:36

Let's see. Knowing how a lot of fantasy games and myths go, I'm saying they'll throw in a long lost faction of Wild Elves. I really hope that Nival doesn't resort to this. As mentioned above, cyborgs are better than another Elf faction.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 27 Jun 2006, 09:24

DaemianLucifer wrote:

WHatever it is,I just hope its not another human or elven faction.Ill even accept cyborgs.
Dont be so hasty now, I know you hate hi tech stuff (which IMO cyborgs are) :devious: But Im also agree in that another elven or human faction will kill the expansion. Unless the humans of the free cities town are mixed with other races, like orcs, dwarves etc

Guildmaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Guildmaster » 27 Jun 2006, 11:53

I seriously hope that the new races in the expansion will be The Faceless and Dwarves. With Nagas, the lore will become even more alike War Craft.

As for The Faceless, I don't know their story, but atleast they're som fresh blood in a compilation of old fantasy cliches.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”