Sylvan campaign: Archipelago

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
cher
Peasant
Peasant

Sylvan campaign: Archipelago

Unread postby cher » 25 Jun 2006, 06:50

I don't see any other threads on this so I must be the only twit having a problem with this. No matter how much experience I get for Findan, these opponents are just proving way too much, and the opportunities for adding to Findan's forces waaaaayyyyyy too few. How did you all get through this thing, I can't even get to the point of finding Tieru

Thanks

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 25 Jun 2006, 07:12

I made sure to get resurrection spell before entering this map. It helped to conserve troops a lot. I would also say that in this map it may be good to explore a bit. There are good artifacts around, and sylvan dwellings and joiners.

cher
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cher » 25 Jun 2006, 07:16

Thanks for the reply but I've started this several times and although I have explored most areas, to get a few clusters of joiners, you nearly lose half the troops you had to get to them. I expect this to get harder as I go along but I'm really having big problems with this one, although I never thought I'd get through the last, or the one before that LOL

Edit: come to think of it, I had resurrection last map but I don't have it in this one??? 8|

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 25 Jun 2006, 08:43

You shouldn't lose any troops against neutral walkers and flyers. You shouldn't lose any troops against neutral creatures at all if you have Resurrection. Findan should have at least one magic skill, prefereably Light or Destruction since Sylvan is aligned with those two. Findan should have at least 10's in all stats considering the large number of stat boosting map objects in the Sylvan campaign.

cornellian
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby cornellian » 25 Jun 2006, 14:43

Archipegalo is the kind of map that punishes you for not having certain skills. Findan builds without magic will have an insanely hard time in this map, so will Findan w/ destructive or dark magic in one or two fights. I had Light and Summoning Magic, both Expert level, didn't have phoenix but had elementals and resurrection; and I seriously believe that without those two you don't stand a chance if you try to clear the map for xp.. I ended up losing 6-7 sprites and 3-4 war dancers in the whole map with resurrection..

So, if you don't have resurrection at the very least, then minimize your fights, forget the xp, just engage when you are absolutely sure of winning easily, or when you have to. You'd want to save your troops for you will have to fight against Biara in the end. You might also want to save before getting into tougher battles...

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 25 Jun 2006, 20:17

You can clear the map without magic skills but it's harder. You'll need fodder stacks to block for your shooter and to absorb retaliations. You'll also need to spend a lot of time recruiting troops from the Faerie Tree, Hunter Lodge, and Sylvan Military Outpost.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jun 2006, 20:29

On Normal the game skipped The Defense map and jumped when I played, and Findan has some lvls below what he should have been and I finished it in my second try easy. You just have to make sure ur Hunters don't die.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

cher
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cher » 25 Jun 2006, 22:03

I started over one more time and have done much better, I'm finally to the point of trying to save Tieru. Thanks for all you help.

kingu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kingu » 28 Jun 2006, 08:41

for some reason I found this map to be insanely easy. And I didn't use any Summoning spells nor Resurrection spell. Frenzy and Phantom Forces were my best friends here. I think I killed every enemy stack there was.

saugeen
Peasant
Peasant

Sylvan Campgain-Archpeligo(spelling)

Unread postby saugeen » 04 Jul 2006, 14:03

I am having trouble finding my way to the center part of this map. Could anyone shed some light on that subject? I have probably past the passage to a portal to the surface.

camelotcrusade
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby camelotcrusade » 05 Jul 2006, 17:52

I just did this map and had a grand time. I only know dark magic, but I managed to pick up that scholar skill that let me learn all the third level spells in a previous map. That meant I could learn phantom forces, which completely saved my bacon.

With that in mind, I schooled everything I met by doing this:

1. When I had room, I always broke up my shooter stacks. For example, two stacks of master hunters or druids. That means more chances for warding arrows to go off, or more lightning damage.

2. When I fought overwhelming odds, I used phantom forces to clone my shooter stacks. If it was really hard, I mashed my stacks back together to get better phantom forces. You can clone anything on level 1-4 without even knowing basic summoning magic as long as you have that skill in sorcery (can't recall the name, sorry).

If you don't know any above second level my best advice would be to spread out your master hunters to try for more warding arrows. Also, it's cheap but sometimes if you bring different combinations of creatures it will give you a different initiative bar. For example, if every time you attack those water elementals they are going to ice bolt your faeries to dust, try not bringing them or only bringing half -- eventually you will find the magic combo that lets your hero or key unit go first. :)

tumorbane
Peasant
Peasant

achipelago (spoilers)

Unread postby tumorbane » 27 Jul 2006, 20:03

I just finished this map. 2 questions. The first one, I think is a dumb question. There's no way to really save Tieru right? Right. The only reason why I ask is that it gave me an "objective failed" and a red x on the objective list that made me wonder if it would've actually made a difference if I were a little quicker.

The 2nd question is about the side quest for super artifacts. I didn't do that. Are they something you get to keep for the next map? If so, what are they (are they worth it)? Thanks.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 27 Jul 2006, 20:19

As far as I know, there is no way to save Tieru. The artifacts can't carry over, and they are different from the ones you will get in the next mission.

tumorbane
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby tumorbane » 27 Jul 2006, 20:40

thanks Maltz. Winning all those battles with a small force and ressurecting over and over was getting tedious and I didn't want to traipse all over that map for nothing.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 27 Jul 2006, 20:45

tumorbane wrote:Winning all those battles with a small force and ressurecting over and over was getting tedious and I didn't want to traipse all over that map for nothing.
Yeah this map is so boring. At least you collected a lot of stats points... :D

Return to “Heroes V-VI”