Raise Dead Memory Leaks?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
randomalias
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Raise Dead Memory Leaks?

Unread postby randomalias » 24 Jun 2006, 13:17

Ahoy there, I have been playing around with the game fairly extensively and have noticed that battles tend to lag up quite bad after the use of the spell Raise Dead. This was extremely frustrating in the 30 minute tactical battle with Godric at the end of the Necro campaign with me holding on with Puppet Mastered units and Raised Vampire Lords, in the end I had probably risen 1k worth of vamps.

My computer grinds the max specs into the dust, so I figure it has to be a memory leak or similar, because most other battles run fine. Has anyone else had similar problems and knows of a fix for it?

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 24 Jun 2006, 15:14

Performance drops don't necessarily have anything to do with memory leaks.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Jun 2006, 15:57

And this is something that happens with certan attacks too, like the Lich's ranged attack and other flashy things.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Raise Dead Memory Leaks?

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 24 Jun 2006, 16:03

randomalias wrote:Ahoy there, I have been playing around with the game fairly extensively and have noticed that battles tend to lag up quite bad after the use of the spell Raise Dead. This was extremely frustrating in the 30 minute tactical battle with Godric at the end of the Necro campaign with me holding on with Puppet Mastered units and Raised Vampire Lords, in the end I had probably risen 1k worth of vamps.

My computer grinds the max specs into the dust, so I figure it has to be a memory leak or similar, because most other battles run fine. Has anyone else had similar problems and knows of a fix for it?
Your computer simply does not meet the recommended requirements. You need a p4 3.2 ghz dual core, 4 gigs of dual channel ram, and a 1 gig video card to run this game with no slowdown....maybe. :-D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Raise Dead Memory Leaks?

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Jun 2006, 16:11

MrSteamTank wrote:You need a p4 3.2 ghz dual core, 4 gigs of dual channel ram, and a 1 gig video card to run this game with no slowdown....maybe. :-D

No, you just need the PC they optimized it on. Some people have already said it runs perfectly for them on less.

You should also use 1024 as the resolution, it actualy runs better then 800 or 940 in my experience.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

dasparado
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dasparado » 25 Jun 2006, 04:48

No he does have a point, my comp is practically as fast as you can get now, Ex: dual 7800 GTX's in SLI, etc etc, and the game has been silky smooth except for that particular fight in the necro campaign. I thought it had more to do with archlich effects as well as spells, but as the fight went on it got so slow it locked my computer.

The next time I tried different tactics namely killing faster without spells and it didnt happen again.

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 25 Jun 2006, 17:36

If you think that there's a memory leak just open up Task Manager, go to performance, check memory used at the start of the battle, then check at points later on to see if the memory amount is climbing dramatically.

So far on my system I havne't noticed any memory leaks but I haven't been in half hour long battles either.

randomalias
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby randomalias » 26 Jun 2006, 02:29

Hehe, a memory leak is the only conclusion I could possibly come to given the downward spiral of performance as time goes on and the increasing page file access, as there can be no way that kind of memory use is intentional. I'll try sticking it to the native screen resolution but this problem seems to be less graphical (unless the game still renders dead units) and more game mechanics.

tumorbane
Peasant
Peasant

slow down

Unread postby tumorbane » 26 Jun 2006, 21:20

My computer also blows away the minimum specs, and my only slowdown so far has been on that same battle. I figured it was just thinking really hard because I know I was. Maybe it was the liches and the archmages though, and there were plenty of raise dead spells cast.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”