Multiplayer playability (not Hotseat, not duel)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Its fine! Completely playable
22%
Not good. It is realy hard to finish game. (bugs, desynchronization)
33%
Very bad. MP is nearly unplayable at the moment.
44%

Total votes: 9

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 20 Jun 2006, 22:09

I would like to ask people, who played mp in H5, to rate its playability.
Under "multiplayer" here I mean a game on two or more computers through network including classical mode or ghost mode, but NOT duel mode.

A big request - please, do not vote if you dont realy tried to play mp. Its importants to see picture as clear as possible.

Thank you.

fiur
Pixie
Pixie

Angry!!!!

Unread postby fiur » 21 Jun 2006, 11:45

Well I've played a few MP maps.... 4 ToH ones.... but only manage to finish one...!!!! I got very angry after hours of playing and then the game ends with just 2 heroes standing next to each other not able to battle... argh!!!!! need the MP patch now!!!!!!!!!!!!

ArchangelGabriel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ArchangelGabriel » 21 Jun 2006, 19:43

Same happens here. Though I can play for hours via Hamachi (Virtual LAN over the Internet) without any disconnection the game abruptly freezes as soon as I combat one of the other human players. "Cannot begin battle without placing units" or something like this is the error message during battle.

The ghost mode is pretty much useless not very tactical and sucks great in my opinion. So every session takes hours for all players to take their turns.

I don't understand where the problem is to create a game with both: a full-fledged turn by turn activity and a simultane gameplay. Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic shows what that means. Apart of the opinion of others there is no problem with a simultane gameplay ... it just quickens the gameplay so that no one has to wait for minutes without doing anything.
That's another problem of turn-based multiplayer: Boredom

Return to “Heroes V-VI”