A few bugs/mess-ups

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ClownRoyal
Peasant
Peasant

A few bugs/mess-ups

Unread postby ClownRoyal » 18 Jun 2006, 01:42

I didn't notice the first time I saw the scene where you get the first piece of it, but the text say's Vampire's Garment, while Markal speaks and calls it the Lich Crown. Did this happen anywhere else? I don't recall the text and voices conflicting any other time.

I also noticed as Markal recruits units, some of them just don't join. For instance, it will say 5 Vampire Lords wish to join me, but only 3 will actually appear in my ranks. I'm pretty sure the numbers were correct for the other campaigns. Is it Necromancy that reduces the number of units that join?

zhuge
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby zhuge » 18 Jun 2006, 01:54

It's his Death Lord specialty if I'm not mistaken.
Allows him to get any neutral undead units to join but only a certain percentage of the total number based on his level.

ClownRoyal
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ClownRoyal » 18 Jun 2006, 02:00

zhuge wrote:It's his Death Lord specialty if I'm not mistaken.
Allows him to get any neutral undead units to join but only a certain percentage of the total number based on his level.
Oh, I completely forgot about that. Well now I feel dumb.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: A few bugs/mess-ups

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 18 Jun 2006, 03:09

ClownRoyal wrote:I didn't notice the first time I saw the scene where you get the first piece of it, but the text say's Vampire's Garment, while Markal speaks and calls it the Lich Crown. Did this happen anywhere else? I don't recall the text and voices conflicting any other time.
End of map one,when markal says he needs to find three artifacts,the text says four.And there might be more of those,but I didnt check.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 18 Jun 2006, 05:50

I haven't seen anybody mention what I feel is the biggest messup:

In the Inferno Campaign, you can build dwellings for and hire Emerald Dragons.

In the Sylvan Campaign, Alaron says that the Emerald Dragons left Irrolan twenty years ago and haven't been seen since.

I'm still scratching my head over that one . . . :)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 18 Jun 2006, 06:04

Maybe they are just invisible and only demons have the power to unreveal them :devil:

Continuity
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Continuity » 18 Jun 2006, 16:32

Considering Gilraen comes at you with plenty of them, I doubt that. :)

Anyway, Markal's text errors are listed in the sticky buglist topic.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 19 Jun 2006, 08:30

Don't know if it's a bug, but how much Skeletons the Necromancy skill raises. Because in the description it says that it raises 20% + 10% with Necromatron. But when I play with Markal he sometimes raises the whole killed units stack. How does it work?
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Jun 2006, 09:36

dragonn wrote:Don't know if it's a bug, but how much Skeletons the Necromancy skill raises. Because in the description it says that it raises 20% + 10% with Necromatron. But when I play with Markal he sometimes raises the whole killed units stack. How does it work?
Its based only on hitpoints.So it is quite posible to raise all of the killed level 7s.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 19 Jun 2006, 09:57

DaemianLucifer wrote:Its based only on hitpoints.So it is quite posible to raise all of the killed level 7s.
Not quite. You get the smaller of the percentage of hitpoints and the number of creatures in enemy stack.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Jun 2006, 10:05

Gaidal Cain wrote:Not quite. You get the smaller of the percentage of hitpoints and the number of creatures in enemy stack.
Wasnt that how it worked in previous games,and should work like that,but it doesnt?Since you are able to resurrect the whole opposing army now.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 19 Jun 2006, 11:04

Let's see if I can make it more clear:

Number raised=min({number of enemy creatures,total enemy Hp*Necromancy percentage/(base HP of raised units)}).

Earlier you'd have

Number raised=Necromancy percentage*min({number of enemy creatures,total enemy Hp/(base HP of raised units)})
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Jun 2006, 13:46

Gaidal Cain wrote:Let's see if I can make it more clear:

Number raised=min({number of enemy creatures,total enemy Hp*Necromancy percentage/(base HP of raised units)}).

Earlier you'd have

Number raised=Necromancy percentage*min({number of enemy creatures,total enemy Hp/(base HP of raised units)})
But thats exactly what I said,we just misunderstood eachother.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”