STUCK! (all who have places they're stuck at, pls post here)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ExistUnExist
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

STUCK! (all who have places they're stuck at, pls post here)

Unread postby ExistUnExist » 16 Jun 2006, 09:46

well i say that, coz it'll then be easier to reply to all in one thread

at the moment, my brother is playing wizzy campaign, 3rd mission

however, it seems like he's stuck there

he doesn't know what he should do. meaning that, we freed godric from prison yet there's no triggers or event, the mission objective's point doesn't get marked.

we restarted, attacked the border guard first, and owned the enemy hero, then they do nothing, letting us take all their city. (what the hell)

so.. what is it that needs to be done first?

thanks

edit:
don't worry

we restarted three times, and all of a sudden it worked... godric's event has triggered! YAY

5il3nc3r
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby 5il3nc3r » 16 Jun 2006, 17:44

Well, in haven, mission 5, when they said to send godric deliver a message to the king. They never said WHERE I had to bring him. Fortunately, I read here before I reached that mission that it was beyond the garrison, south east of the map.

And then I had to bring Isabel to the king (I'm saying "the king" cuz I can't remember his name) but he was nowhere to be seen on the map. I had cleared the entire map, I even captured red's inferno town (Instant Travel-ed over the unbeatable garrison).

Then, some random inferno hero appeared just over the lower garrison, with 300 archdevils, 2k overseers and somesuch.

I managed to beat him (got 259k xp 8| ) and then got a message to go see the king. Couldn't find him anywhere on the map so I just travelled towards my town. Next day, I got the exact same message and the day after too. Then, during the 3rd day, while I was travelling towards my town, it saved in the middle of the way and the cutscene popped up and I beat the mission... :| whu?

Wierd <.<

5il
The pen is deadlier than the sword;
if the pen is very sharp and the sword very short.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Jun 2006, 17:55

I think this thread should be stickified.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Some Spoilerish!

Unread postby HodgePodge » 16 Jun 2006, 18:24

Some Spoilerish Below! Some Spoilerish Below! Some Spoilerish Below! Some Spoilerish Below! Some Spoilerish Below!

Yeah, I got stuck a number of times but the worst was in 3rd map of the last campaign (the Mage one with Zehir). Anyhow, you're supposed to release Godric from prison & find Findan. I couldn't find the prison at all for a month of gametime.

So still searching, I wandered into the area of Markal's Castle. By this time my hero (Zehir) was pretty powerful and had a pretty good sized army too. So I get a message asking if I was ready to take on Markal? Well okay, I think so.

I defeat Markal and the game crashes big-time! Arghhhhh! Reload, defeat Markal again … game crashes big time. Arghhhhh! Reload, defeat Markal again … game crashes big time. Arghhhhh! Reload, defeat Markal again … game crashes big time. etc. etc. etc.

Finally I get the message … I can't complete this map. But later someone informs me that I have to have released Godric & have Findan BEFORE fighting Markal because immediately after defeating him, your other two heroes are drawn into battles of their own.

You'd think that Nival would have at least game-tested this map and put up some kind of "access-denied" barrier to Markal's Castle until Godric & Findan were found … but NOOOOOOOOOOO! That might have actually taken a whole 10 minutes and a bit of creative thinking!
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Tsunami
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tsunami » 19 Jun 2006, 01:03

I am also stuck on the same mission. I cannot find Godric's prison. I have been everywhere (I think) and have taken over every city but Markal's. And the game continues to crash each time I defeat Markal because I have not saved Godric.

Where is the prison for the love of God? I have been playing this map for hours.

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 19 Jun 2006, 01:25

Here's a screen of it:

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 19 Jun 2006, 03:11

I'm working on a walkthrough for this campaign, it should be up within two weeks. In general though, it's a good idea to try and play the map as it's obviously meant to be played (I'm looking at you HodgePodge :) ) although, yeah, it shouldn't be possible to play it wrong. The instant travel spell (stupid spell) makes things difficult for the map-designer, though, because they have to remember to make every "impassable for now" section impassable to instant travelling too... which is why It's best to just try and do things in the order they are suggested to you.
he doesn't know what he should do. meaning that, we freed godric from prison yet there's no triggers or event, the mission objective's point doesn't get marked.
Send godric to the tough garrison in the above ground, near the start of the map.

Ozymandias
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ozymandias » 20 Jun 2006, 13:38

I am stuck in "The Cultist" (the second campaign), "The Conquest" (the third scenario). With an Inferno hero, I am supposed to cross Sylvan territory and defeat a Sylvan hero. Every time I play, I bog down after capturing the first Sylvan town.

My overall problem seems to be that, no matter what I do, I cannot build up my hero's forces fast enough.

One specific problem is that I always seem to need mercury, and the only alchemist's lab that I can find is guarded by 4 phoenixes. Either I cannot win the battle or I win but am left with almost no forces, and the Sylvan hero pounces before I can recover.

Is there a key strategy here, or have I encountered the age-old HOMM problem that the enemy can build up much, much faster than the human player?
Ozymandias

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Jun 2006, 13:55

This map is hard indeed.I can just give you some pinters:

Dont mind the inferno tow.Build just the marketplace,the town hall and thats it.Leave it.Concentrate on sylvan troops.

Dont attack the first sylvan town until week two.It will prolong the week of sylvan creature waiting period,and youll have to wory about smaller forces to fight.

If you took the phantom forces spell in the previous map,use it as often as you can.

Capture the second sylvan town(the northwest one)as soon as posible.You could capture it first as well.You can reach it by fighting eart elementals.

Capture the three towns as soon as posible.It can be done in a month(doing this would make your fight with gilraen much easier).

Try to force gilraen attack you in a fully defended town(meaning the one with castle).

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 20 Jun 2006, 16:17

Also, in 1.1 mercury lab can be reached now without fighting phoenixes. They were moved a bit more up the road.

Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 20 Jun 2006, 16:18

I'm stuck in C1M2. I get no objectives besides "Isabel must survive". Nifty, huh?

Ozymandias
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ozymandias » 21 Jun 2006, 10:52

Thanks to DaemianLucifer. Your advice was just what I needed to win C2S3.

Following it, I captured the NW town and S town, then built up forces. Eventually, before I found the NE town, Gilraen attacked me in the fully-fortified NW town. The battle was bloody, and I emerged with a surviving force of one Elder Druid! . . . but that was enough. After that, with no Green Player to annoy me, the rest of the scenario was a straight mop-up operation.
Ozymandias

eslater
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby eslater » 11 Jul 2006, 16:28

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Try to force gilraen attack you in a fully defended town(meaning the one with castle).
How do you do this?

I have all 3 towns (4 w/Inferno) but Gil has:
27 Unicron, 27 Treants, 8 Emerald Dragons, 272(!) Pixies, 37 Elder Druids nad 88 Master Hunters.

Maybe I waited too long to grab the 3rd elf town? Should I just sit there and wait for him to attack?

Thanks.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 12 Jul 2006, 00:37

eslater wrote:
How do you do this?

I have all 3 towns (4 w/Inferno) but Gil has:
27 Unicron, 27 Treants, 8 Emerald Dragons, 272(!) Pixies, 37 Elder Druids nad 88 Master Hunters.

Maybe I waited too long to grab the 3rd elf town? Should I just sit there and wait for him to attack?

Thanks.
Maybe you shouldve fought him earlier.But this is what you can do now:

1)Fight him from a town,use massive phantom forces,and hope youll win.
2)Get agrael to run around the map with gilraen chasing,while you collect creatures from the towns(mind you that gilraen will probably get the neutrals to join him while chasing you,but hell probably leave the towns alone)
3)Patch the game and restart the map.It becomes way easier.

NickMP
Peasant
Peasant

Haven final scenario

Unread postby NickMP » 14 Jul 2006, 20:38

Playing Hard, I am finding this difficult, because although I have the complete artifact map, I don't recognise the location. As I search around, huge demon armies continue to arrive, forcing my main force to stay at home.

Where are the Tears??

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 15 Jul 2006, 01:34

Nick, if you can find a few places on your map that look a bit like the location on the puzzle map, then select one of your heroes and then select a path that walks thru this area DONT actual move the hero, now check the puzzle map and if this is the correct location you will know because teh map reflects the movement paths of your heroes

now i hope that makes sense

NickMP
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby NickMP » 15 Jul 2006, 05:35

Yes, I see what you're suggesting - thanks! I'll try it...

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 15 Jul 2006, 05:52

good luck!!

Sunnyboy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sunnyboy » 01 Aug 2006, 21:05

Sylvan Campaign, mission 1

I'm 6 months into the mission and Biara still didn't show up. According to other posts she should appear start of month 2 :(

Jaja11
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jaja11 » 03 Aug 2006, 08:06

Sunnyboy wrote:Sylvan Campaign, mission 1

I'm 6 months into the mission and Biara still didn't show up. According to other posts she should appear start of month 2 :(
It's the game where Findan has got to upheld all four gates that separates them from the Griffin Empire and not cross the borders, right? I'm stuck there too. I wonder until how long do we have to guard the gates. I've read one walkthrough which doesn't state the amount of time needed for us to guard it. So is other than doing what we ought to, is there any other objectives i.e. killing the Necromancer etc?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”