did you ever get ultimate in campaign?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
absolute virtue
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

did you ever get ultimate in campaign?

Unread postby absolute virtue » 14 Jun 2006, 19:39

I only saw necro's ultimate in dungeon campaign (you release some hero from jail and he's got it), and 2 sylvan heroes got nature's luck in sylvan#3 or 4, but what about heroes you actualy start with?
based on a skill wheel, ultis are ether impossible to get to begin with (some initial skill is wrong) or something that is needed in order to progress is just not being offered as you lvl...

so .. has any1 ever gotten an ulti on a hero that you start with??

DuRieL
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby DuRieL » 14 Jun 2006, 19:46

To put a long story short... no.

They are very hard - sometimes downright impossible - to get, and many aren't worth the while when you *do* get them. I seldom dare to pursue the ultimate path; I find the generous - and soon to be had - improvements of the more practical skills far better than the alleged ultimacy of "ultimate" skills.

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 14 Jun 2006, 22:13

Yep, both in Inferno and Necro campaigns. Didn't bothered with Haven one, nor will with Dungeon, as they're not too attractive.

In Sylvan campaign you can't get ultimate, but can play with two other heroes with it...and prolly will try with Academy.

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 14 Jun 2006, 22:20

I haven't got it on any so far, but I'm trying for it in academy. But I've very nearly fully upgraded enlightenment and summoning magic and I still haven't been offered attack. Hope it comes soon or else I'll have to abandon the effort.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 14 Jun 2006, 23:06

It's something I'll probably try now that there's an easy difficulty, and you don't actually have to worry about completing the map objectives. :)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Curio
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Curio » 15 Jun 2006, 04:50

Nope.

And I probably won't try again any time soon. Some seem pretty good, like Sylvan's and Inferno's particularly.

But they are so difficult to get. I've tried once with a Necromancer, and it was going pretty good until my next level up offered up all the wrong abilities, and offered all the wrong skills when I only had one empty slot left. So, it got screwed up. :( It was quite frustrating, and the witch huts rarely have what you're after to change what your next level up may offer.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 15 Jun 2006, 07:34

on the topic of markal - had him set with basically everything for ultimate, then picked the wrong Master of

ARRGGHHHHHH

scorch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby scorch » 15 Jun 2006, 12:02

I did it with Markak and Realag( that one was waste of time...... cause you don't got castle in the last level )

Never never never do that with Heaven.....rhis is so lame I can't believe it's so darn expandable!

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 15 Jun 2006, 13:09

I got it in the dungeon campaign, but as others have said, it takes so long to do it, and the chance of not getting a choice you can use makes it something you really don't want to bother with in general (for any hero type)

absolute virtue
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby absolute virtue » 15 Jun 2006, 13:48

well, I am just hoping that when the map editor will be out with AI attached, the fans will build maps where you could actually get ulti by hero lvl 25 or so (lots of witch huts with assigned skills) ...

sylvanllewelyn
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby sylvanllewelyn » 15 Jun 2006, 14:03

The problem with rage of the elements is that it was designed for how the elemental chains worked in the beta, not the way it works now. Before, you could build up elemental chains and blow them for multiples of base damage, and doubling *that* would indeed be ultimate ownage. Now, it's basically a vastly inferior version of nature's luck.

I suggest the Dungeon ultimate should double spell damage as well. I mean, lostistics, enlightenment, war machines and luck... anything BUT destructive magic and sorcery...

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 15 Jun 2006, 14:17

I haven't got it on any so far, but I'm trying for it in academy. But I've very nearly fully upgraded enlightenment and summoning magic and I still haven't been offered attack. Hope it comes soon or else I'll have to abandon the effort.
Uh oh. The same for me - I'm level 17 in 2nd scenario and still no Attack skill. Oh come on! :beg:

Minmaster
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Minmaster » 15 Jun 2006, 15:04

most time i cant just because the skills/abilities your heroes start out with...

Mirage
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mirage » 15 Jun 2006, 15:45

arturchix wrote:
Uh oh. The same for me - I'm level 17 in 2nd scenario and still no Attack skill. Oh come on! :beg:
I only just started and I'm level 2 and got offered attack right away, I'm glad I picked it up.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 15 Jun 2006, 20:11

Phew, finally got it just when hit level cap in the map. :)

cornellian
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby cornellian » 16 Jun 2006, 18:21

Nebs wrote: In Sylvan campaign you can't get ultimate, but can play with two other heroes with it...and prolly will try with Academy.
Are you sure you can't get the ultimate in Sylvan campaign? It seems to me, looking at the skillwheel (a godsend, many thanks to whoever did it, possibly Aurelain), that you need to have Defence, Attack, Logistics and Luck to have the ultimate. Findan has Attack already, so why can't he get it?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Jun 2006, 18:26

cornellian wrote: Are you sure you can't get the ultimate in Sylvan campaign? It seems to me, looking at the skillwheel (a godsend, many thanks to whoever did it, possibly Aurelain), that you need to have Defence, Attack, Logistics and Luck to have the ultimate. Findan has Attack already, so why can't he get it?
Because you need frenzy ability and he starts with archery.

cornellian
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby cornellian » 16 Jun 2006, 18:31

Oh, didn't notice that one... Thanks Lucifer.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 16 Jun 2006, 20:11

I tried and failed with Isabel. Simply the given choices at a level-up screwed the whole thing. Anyways, triple damage is not that a big deal.
I did it with Agrael, and Urgash's call is very good to have.
Didn't attempt it with Markal, went for Attack, Defense, Luck and Dark (Leadership was already there).
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

Minmaster
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Minmaster » 16 Jun 2006, 23:13

DaemianLucifer wrote:
cornellian wrote: Are you sure you can't get the ultimate in Sylvan campaign? It seems to me, looking at the skillwheel (a godsend, many thanks to whoever did it, possibly Aurelain), that you need to have Defence, Attack, Logistics and Luck to have the ultimate. Findan has Attack already, so why can't he get it?
Because you need frenzy ability and he starts with archery.
doesnt findan also have tactics? i thought that prevents it too...

Return to “Heroes V-VI”