What Units would you like to see in a Snow Town Expansion?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 22 Jun 2006, 01:16

well, since there's a correct word to use them, why use a bad one?
don't mistake words' meaning evolving with deliberately using a wrong word.

EDIT: Windows© is named like that because it is a graphical environment with, well, windows. They didn't call DOS Windows, because there were no windows in DOS ;)

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 22 Jun 2006, 10:17

DaemianLucifer wrote:Windows originally meant a number of framed glass tiles.So what if lycantrope is used for all wears?
No, windows originally meant an opening where air could come in ("Wind Eye") ;)
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Linky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Linky » 22 Jun 2006, 10:27

Game Set and Match, Gaidal Cain

Main Entry: win·dow
Pronunciation: 'win-(")dO
Function: noun
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: Middle English windowe, from Old Norse vindauga, from vindr wind (akin to Old English wind) + auga eye; akin to Old English Eage eye

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 22 Jun 2006, 10:31

Fascinating I'm sure, but wasn't this about suggestions for a possible snow town? Yes it was ;)
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 Jun 2006, 12:27

DaemianLucifer wrote:Windows originally meant a number of framed glass tiles.So what if lycantrope is used for all wears?
Because there's already a word for it:
theLuckyDragon wrote: I think this "fantasy" you're referring to should start using some new names, like therianthrope, in order to create a bit more diversity in its onomastics.

And Ethric, the werewolf should be white, to fit in a snow town.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

yourworstnightmare
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yourworstnightmare » 23 Jun 2006, 10:20

A Dwarf based snow town, hmmm. There's some mountains on the north of the map called Grimheim, I'm pretty sure that's where the dwarves live.

Anyway, here's my proposal:

The Dwarves of Grimheim:
Even though they live in the snowy mountains they worship the great dragon of fire. They have mastered the arts of blacksmith through their knowledge of fire.

1.Gnome thrall upgr. Gnome servant
The gnomes are much weaker than dwarves and used as servants performing light duties, that are too light for a strong Dwarf to perform. In the army they are armed with a slingshot able of firing a ranged attack. The upgrade has better range than the unupgraded unit.

2.Battle Dwarf upgr. War Dwarf
The dwarven warriors well known for their toughness and magic resistance. They are slow, but effective. The upgrade is tougher and stronger.

3.Snow Tiger upgr. White Tiger
Tigers are wild creature you should never approach, but the noble muountain tigers have a long alliance with the dwarves. Guarding the mountains they have made the paths hard for unwanted explorers to walk on. In the dwarven army they are a fast and quite strong melee unit. The upgrade is tougher and can endure more enemy attacks.

4.Runemaster upgr. Flamemaster
The dwarves who have gave their life to guard the eternal fire of the smiths have also mastered the arts of runes. They master a number off spells, but can also attack. The upgrade can also use an attacking spell.

5.Yeti upgr. Sasquatsch
Screw the Behemoth!! The yeti is way cooler, even though it's a weaker unit. The beasts of the mountains have a great physichal attack, even though it's slow. The upgrade is a little bit faster.

6.Valkyrie upgr. Valkyrie Elite
The Valkyries are a mysric race of female warriors who live in the realm of the Dragon of Fire. In time of crisis they are sent to Ashan to fight among the dwarves. They have a medicore teleport ability and a good attack. The upgrade strike twice and have a shield to avert enemy attacks.

7.Red Dragon upgr. Ruby Dragon'
Uggghhh. No more dragons!! It's not my favorite thing to introduce another dargon, but I think it can't be helped. They have a green and a black dragon already, but no red one. The red Dragons are the children of the Dragon of Fire. The red dragon is a flying unit with an exceptional good attack. The upgrade can cast an attacking spell but has low spellpoints.

The hero could ride either a tiger or a great goat. The title of the hero could be Blacksmith or Mountain Lord.

innokenti
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby innokenti » 23 Jun 2006, 10:38

yourworstnightmare wrote: The hero could ride a great goat.
That's sold it to me.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 Jun 2006, 11:53

yourworstnightmare wrote:5.Yeti upgr. Sasquatsch
Screw the Behemoth!! The yeti is way cooler, even though it's a weaker unit. The beasts of the mountains have a great physichal attack, even though it's slow. The upgrade is a little bit faster.
Shouldnt it be the other way round?Since yeti is white and fits the snow enviroment better.
yourworstnightmare wrote: 7.Red Dragon upgr. Ruby Dragon'
Uggghhh. No more dragons!! It's not my favorite thing to introduce another dargon, but I think it can't be helped. They have a green and a black dragon already, but no red one. The red Dragons are the children of the Dragon of Fire. The red dragon is a flying unit with an exceptional good attack. The upgrade can cast an attacking spell but has low spellpoints.
Sure this can be avoided.Just toss in a giant,or move yeti up a bit and lvl 5 can be another dwarf.Or move valkyres here.

Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 23 Jun 2006, 13:10

But, most importantly, keep the goat.

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 23 Jun 2006, 15:32

Gus wrote:But, most importantly, keep the goat.

Yesss, the goat!
Even though a dwarven Faction may not become my favourite... but spiced up with a hero riding a big hairy goat... so it surely gets some bonus points!

...and i'm longing for a hero with the "goatmaster" skill (special attack: "revenge of the ruminant" ) !
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 23 Jun 2006, 16:32

Gus wrote:But, most importantly, keep the goat.
Goats would be a cool mount for the hero. I'd definitely like to see a goat riding dwarf leading the army. Mmm mmm good.

Genesis
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Genesis » 23 Jun 2006, 21:47

You play too much World of Warcraft.

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 23 Jun 2006, 21:54

Genesis wrote:You play too much World of Warcraft.
What animal fits better on a short stocky hairy dwarf than a short stocky hairy goat? Come on it makes perfect sense!

What other kind of mount could you picture a snow themed dwarf hero ride?

wolf8t8t
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Stop me if these are not new.....

Unread postby wolf8t8t » 24 Jun 2006, 06:59

I see it like this:

The dwarfs after fighting a brutal war with the elves, the dwarfs found allies with gnomes. Their magically abilities were much needed, dwarfs though magic resistant cannot cast magic. However this still was not enough to turn the war to their favor. So they started playing to their strengths. Their short and stocky bodies were perfect for cold weather and fighting in the mines. Elves would dare not follow a dwarf into a mine because then it would become a game of strength and durability and not speed and agility. So the war ended in a stale mate. This worked out into the dwarfs favor because the snowy mountains were full of gold and gems. This went on for some years until the dwarfs and gnomes came accross an eyeless race of lizard creatures called troglodytes. Not very bright and organized the troglodytes were slowly enslaved and forced to work in the mines. Many years past and their kingdom grew, they built great halls to house their vast amount of wealth, with their slaves doing all of the mining gnomes could turn to their other hobbies such as mechanics and magic. Growing bored of this kingdom they are looking for revenge on their old foes.....

Creatures:

Level 1: Troglodyte Slave: 1 att, 2 def, 4 hp, 6 spd and 8 int. dmg 1-2 -
Description: troglodytes... if I need to say more you obviously have not been playing heros for very long.
Special they can be whipped by the hero into a frenzy were their stats are doubled for 2 rounds. After that they are stunned for one round.
Troglodyte veteran: 2 att 2 def 5 hp 6 spd and 8 int dmg 1-2. Special they can be whipped into a frenzy that triples their stats.

Level 2: Dwarven slave driver: 4 att, 5 def, 12 hp, 6 spd, 9 int. dmg 2-3
Description: the general ground troops for the dwarven army. They are in charge of keeping the slaves in charge.
Special - For every 50 slave drivers, troglodytes gain + to their max dmg.
Plus 25% magic resistance. Hammer stun. They smash their hammer into the ground causing a 25% chance of stunning all around them
Dwarven slave master: 5 att, 5 def, 14 hp, 7 spd, 9 int, dmg 2-3. Special as same slave driver however they can whip trogs into a frenzy too.

Level 3: Dwarven rifleman: 5 att, 4 def, 17 hp, 8 spd, 10 int. dmg 3-5. 9 shots.
Description: Using fire arms crafted by the gnomes, they are a ranged creature.
Special: 25% magic resistance. and buck shot ability. Up close like a shotgun affect. This uses up 3 shots
Dwarven sniper: 5 att, 5 def, 18 hp, 9 spd, 10 int,dmg 4-6. 10 shots Special: They give up the buck shot for an improved aim shot. This shoots across the field without ranged penalty and has a chance of doing double damage. This uses up two shots.

Level 4: Dwarven cavalry: 7 att 8 defs, 30 hp, 9 spd, 10 int, dmg 5-10. Description: Dwarfs riding large snow tigers. Special 25% magic resistance.
Dwarven Skrimisher: 8 att, 8 def, 33 hp, 9 spd, 11 int, 8-11 dmg. Special, 25% magic resistance with a 25% of mauling - mauling can cause open wounds (think poison but it only lasts until the enemy's next move where it does half as much damage as the orginal attack. EG dwarf hits for 10, next turn the damage will be 5 before the creature even moves.)

Level 5: Gnomish High Priest: 10 att, 11 def, 40 hp, 5 spd, 9 int. unique dmg. Description: considered holy ones in the empire, they use their magic to heal instead of harm. Special: Can cast buffs and heal multiple friendly units. Their attack can be either a heal allies in a cluster or harm single enemy units. for half as much as they would heal for.
Gnomish heretics: 10 att, 11 def, 40 hp, 5 spd, 9 int, 11-15 dmg. Description: the exact opposite of the high priest. Special: they use direct damage spells and have an ability to charge their spells to three times their power.

Level 6: Gnomish Mammoth riders: 18 att, 24 def, 150 hp, 6 spd, 8 int. 15-20 dmg. Description: Sigh just think of the elephants of LOTR... yeah I know..... Special: nothing
Gnomish Wooly Mammoth riders: 20 att, 25 def, 165 hp, 6 spd 9 int. 18-25 dmg. Special: gore, they use their tusks to impale enemy units. (like a death stare) 10% of a gore to any enemy unit.

Level 7: Snow wyrm: 28 att, 29 def, 190 hp, 10 spd, 12 int.30-40 dmg Description: Like wyverns from homm3 but all white and a dwarf on their back. Special 25% magic of course and 25% to freeze an enemy.
Frost wyrm: 30 att, 31 def, 220 hp, 11 spd, 12 int, 35-50 dmg: Special: same as above however 25% of casting ice bolt once attack is finished.

Hero's special ability is slavery. For every battle they win a % of all level 1 through 4 level creatures are taken as slaves. Once 100 slaves have been captured they can be put to work at a mine increasing it's productivity by 100% EG gem mines gives 2 gems instead of 1.

The dwarven heroes are not very good at casting magic, however the gnomish ones are.

I know their are not balanced well I just wanted to see what everyone thinks.

ttyl

Wolf

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Jun 2006, 08:51

MrSteamTank wrote: What animal fits better on a short stocky hairy dwarf than a short stocky hairy goat? Come on it makes perfect sense!

Lets see...How about none?The perfect mount for a dwarf:His feet.

@wolf8t8t

Dwarves as a slaver race?Yes please!Although I dont like the whole fighting the elves cliche.And instead of a dwarf riding a tiger,just a dwarf charger would be better.And instead of a riflemen(we have gremlins,thats more then enough rifles for me :disagree: )axe/hammer throwers would be better.Other then that,its a nice proposal.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 24 Jun 2006, 10:35

MrSteamTank wrote:
Genesis wrote:You play too much World of Warcraft.
What animal fits better on a short stocky hairy dwarf than a short stocky hairy goat? Come on it makes perfect sense!

Yak! Yak! We alredy have a man on a elephant, why not a yak riding dwarf?

@ DL

Totally agree, I would rather see hammer and axe throwing dwarves than gun wielding ones :disagree:

wolf8t8t
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Ok mild adjustments....

Unread postby wolf8t8t » 24 Jun 2006, 14:22

Tigers do not have dwarfs on them anymore. just plain ol snow tigers and sabertooth tigers. same specials. Or screw the tigers and put in centaur warriors. Spear throwing range unit? Although tier 4 is quite a boost for them?

Now that you mention it the gemlins did beat me to the punch with firearms.... So I guess an axe throwing dwarf will have to do unless someone else can think up a better ranged unit?

I'm still digging the whole wooly mammoth thing tho... maybe no gnomes riding them but still come on they are from the snow.... didn't you see ice age?

As for slavery, I think that is something that has never been done before in any homm game. It's just been talked about in hush tones. hehe

Wolf

Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 24 Jun 2006, 14:53

Minotaurs are slaves.

Genesis
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Genesis » 24 Jun 2006, 15:58

DaemianLucifer wrote:
How about... shield bearers!

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 24 Jun 2006, 16:00

Genesis wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote:
How about... shield bearers!
How about a dwarf piggybacking another dwarf? Now that would be hot. :D

A dwarf just on his feet would look a little too small compared to other heroes.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”