What Units would you like to see in a Snow Town Expansion?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Jun 2006, 17:05

Orfinn wrote: Lvl 4: Dwarven Warmaster (these could have more hp, attack and dmg than lords but cant produce any gold each day) - Dwarven Lord (similar to the peasants each lord could produce ca 25-50 gold each day while warmasters can not)
This is a very nice idea.An upgrade that would seriously make you think.
Orfinn wrote: And remember an upg dosent need to be a sex change or a biological evolution from the basic, more like a replacement. "Hey you guys are useless, now we are in and you out, we are much better, get outta here!" :tongue: Or like with my firebird and frost eagle, both basic and upg should be useful, while firebird can take a serious beating from fire based attacks and spells, the frost eagle cannot, instead they resist cold based attacks and spells instead. Following the peasant - conscript formula should be in a much larger scale in future expansions than it is now.
Whats the point of upgrades then?Why not have choices instead?Why must you first buy peasant dwelling and then conscript dwelling?Why not buy conscripts immidiately ifg you dont need peasants extra cash?I believe theyve chosen upgrades instead of choices because they were to lasy to think of new creatures to put as choices.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 15 Jun 2006, 17:09

Need I even state my idea for a dwarven town again? Well let's do it again, the shorter version...

Level 1:
Puncher (Upgrade: Chopper)

This tiny animation consists of just a few rocks put together. It is used to punch into hard stones to gather them out of the mountain. They aren’t very strong, and not very fast. They do have a great defence and are rather simplistic, so the come in great numbers. They are also animated which means that they are unaffected by certain spells.
(look at them as two arms that put together)

Level 2:
Boar tamer (Upgrade: Boar rider)

These Dwarves tame boars to do work for them, such as carrying the gold to the cities. They’re able to use them in battle as well, and though the Boars are though opponents, there aren’t many in the mountains. The boars allow the dwarves to strike first, and Boar riders to strike without retaliation.

Level 3:
Grey Dwarf (Upgrade: Axe thrower)

The grey dwarves fight with axes, and are very resistant. Even to magic, so they’re not only good as miners, but are good warriors as well. Axe throwers have been trained especially for war and there for they are experts at it. They have a ranged attack.

Level 4:
Animation (Upgrade: Animatron)

Animations are made of wooden cogs and gears, and rocks. They are animated and move quick because of the gears, they have magic resistance. Because they are made with 2 kinds of magic they have a 5% chance of failing, which means they have to wait 1 turn. Animatrons are stronger, and their magic is less flawless, so they don’t fail.
(look at them as single eyed small treeants (HoMM V first version) made of rocks, cogs & gears)

Level 5:
Brown Dwarf (Upgrade: Alchemist)

Brown dwarves have specialized in science and they are masters of Alchemy. They have a lot of potions with them at all times which they can use in battle. They are train for war as well so they can still fight. The Alchemist has more potions available and stronger ones.

Level 6:
Digger Golem (Upgrade: War Golem)

These machines are animated, but are to big for dwarves to totally animate. That’s why dwarves still need to control these golems. Because they are partly animated they react instantly to any command, and thus always have first strike.
(dragon golem ala HoMM IV, digger golems)

Level 7:
Behemoth (Upgrade: Ancient Behemoth)

Behemoths are natural inhabitants of the mountains, and dwarves have managed to tame them, and use them to guard their banks and cities. They are extremely strong and scary, so scary that opponents are unable to defend themselves properly. They also don’t strike back.

A possible substitution for the behemoth would be a frost giant. Also I'll try to make some drawings of animations / puncher...
Grah!

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 15 Jun 2006, 17:17

@DL

Because upg can still be a bit better than the basic, making it just as much worth as the basic in terms of certain stats. F. example the firebirds should prove more worth against inferno troops than the frost eagles. Still frost eagles have better stats like attack, hp defence, dmg etc yet again the firebirds are cheaper. Its all about balancing.
And yes choices would be so much more interesting, but who say it cant be town that have choices as an unique feature? I bet its possible if they can get their brains up to a higher gear back in the offices of Ubi and Nival and LISTEN to the fans! Gah.....

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Jun 2006, 17:18

@Thelonious

And you couldnt just post a link because?

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 15 Jun 2006, 17:21

Ugh, I'm to lazy to find the page where is...

You know, I just though of something. If Ubisoft would want to make me happy (which they probably won't do :S ... but it's good to have dreams :devious: ) they could just scrap an extra town and add an upgrade for every creature so you have to choose (choice upgrades :-D ).
Grah!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Jun 2006, 17:27

There you go.Found it in less then a minute :devil:

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 16 Jun 2006, 14:49

Now did you notice I edited it a bit?
Grah!

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Re: What Units would you like to see in a Snow Town Expansio

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 17 Jun 2006, 11:27

Warlock wrote:
MrSteamTank wrote:
Warlock wrote: This isn't LotR -_-
The names don't even matter the general idea of the unit does. I was thinking of something with the size of an oliphant from lotr with the upgraded version having a large canopy on the top. Obviously with the mammoth shaggy fur to make it 'snow' themed. Names for example like dwarf warrior and gnome soldier are just there because I couldn't think of something better.

Anyways lotr references are absolutely everwhere. Why are elves always sleek and agile and not small like santa claus elves? So an oliphant is not such a stretch of the imagination.
So call them elephants :) Oliphants are clearly a LotR thing (and probably copywrited). It's like saying you want to see Uruk-hai :P
There I changed both the names of the oliphants and the tier 4 and 6 units. Man I thought tolkien stuff was public domain already considering it's such an old book but apparantly on closer inspection it still is copyrighted. How long do these blasted copyrights last anyways. I thought it was a maximum of 50 years but apparantly it's more. :ill:

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 17 Jun 2006, 12:49

I hope they last for centuries, I dont want Lords of Might and Magic!

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 17 Jun 2006, 16:08

HodgePodge wrote:Image Penguins! I want Penguins! Happy Penguins! Gimme Penguins!

Image PIP! PIP!

I really like the idea of a snowbased mighttown with magic resistance. I would like to be somewhat like the Dwarf town in AoW:SM but with 3 or 4 dwarves and the rest of the spots taken by a gnome, maybe a gargoyle and as the lvl 7 a steamtank! :) ImageIf this doesn't piss of these technologyhating fanboys, nothing will....

The lvl 6 creature can be a Runemaster. A heavy tank with a s***load of hitpoints and defense with medium offense, magic resistance, magic strike and perhaps firestrike. Image

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 17 Jun 2006, 17:58

Although a steamtank is a cool idea and I'd agree 100%, unfortunately, it fits more with a technology based town and I probably wouldn't like it unless the idea was a snow themed steamtech town.

Obviously very very low tech with basic gunpowder and old school steam train-type tech from the 1800s. Mixing a might type faction with technology wouldn't work too well imo.

-Shadow32-
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby -Shadow32- » 17 Jun 2006, 21:02

Trolls, Tigers, Yeti, I like the mammoth, but think Snow Behemoth, I think that's more likely
Dwarfs as low levels...
Perhaps even a Cyclops

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Jun 2006, 21:19

Campaigner wrote: Image PIP! PIP!
Dire Penguins... 8| :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

innokenti
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby innokenti » 17 Jun 2006, 22:06

Wind-up exploding penguins tbh.

ClownRoyal
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ClownRoyal » 18 Jun 2006, 04:05

I definitely wouldn't like them to introduce even steam technology to HoMM, at least not with just this one town. Maybe in a future game they could progress the world a bit and add different elements of technology to most or all of the factions.

As for a snow town, it would depend on whether this would be the barbarian faction or not. If it is intended to be the barbarians, I'd like to see the return of goblins/orcs,white wolves, barbaric dwarves, some form of thunderbird/eagle unit, behemoth, cyclops, or possibly a frost giant as the tier 7. Maybe a bear unit also, that could fit in pretty well.

In fact, I hope they get a bit more creative with upgrades. For instance, they could have the basic Goblin, and the upgrade could be a Goblin riding a wolf, increasing his move range, speed, initiative, hp, as well as a (smaller than other upgrades for other creatures) boost to attack/def.

Blaspheme
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Blaspheme » 19 Jun 2006, 12:20

First of all I HATE the idea of a dwarven town, an ice town and a yuan-ti/naga/snake swamp based town! HORRIBLE , SUCH HORRIBLE IDEAS!!!! LET'S PREY THEY NEVER READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they add the old barbaric town as it's just missing! I don't care for new stuff as it's not new to add a dwarf town it's just stolen from other games and dwarves are nothing but boring!

White Tigers and naga's won't appear as they are replaced by rakshasa!! (Multi-armed tiger creatures)

Dwarves can be neutral creatures as halflings were aswel (homm3 expansion)

If there will be a dwarf-expansion I won't buy it! HORRIBLE!

BTW: Tolkien didn't invite all fantasy... Million of creatures are made up by others, tolkien did only change some already existing myths like dwarves and elves.. Nothing special if you ask me... elves aren't the entire fantasy world you know...
BLASPHEME!!!

innokenti
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby innokenti » 19 Jun 2006, 12:24

I don't think anyone was suggesting anything quite so... well, you're overreacting.

Nothing at all wrong with dwarves, they can be incorporated very tastefully and imaginatively and can also have a good hero if one puts one's mind to it.

On the other hand... you are right in suggesting that Stronghold could actually fit in with the snow terrain! That would actually be rather interesting, as it's previous incarnations have been desert and wilderness bit would be quite good to have then in the snow. It fits, it's different, but it's not taking Stronghold too far from what we may want.

You can have normal barbarians, wolf-rider (snow wolves) and so on and the Behemoth would fit right in in the snow.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Jun 2006, 12:25

Blaspheme wrote:HORRIBLE , SUCH HORRIBLE IDEAS!!!! LET'S PREY THEY NEVER READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If there will be a dwarf-expansion I won't buy it! HORRIBLE!
The Dwarf town was mostly implied by the game. So it doesn't matter if they read this or not. They already had it in mind.

Blaspheme wrote: BTW: Tolkien didn't invent all fantasy... Million of creatures are made up by others, tolkien did only change some already existing myths like dwarves and elves.. Nothing special if you ask me...
Most modern fantasy is inspired directly by Tolkiens take on those myths. And it was special back then, now it isn't because everyone copied it.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Blaspheme
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Blaspheme » 19 Jun 2006, 12:33

Well I pray they change their minds then... Last thing I want to fight is an enormous mole creature or a entire race of small, boring humanoids....

Mythology and Keltic folklore are MUCH older than tolkien... most games are based on that! :-)

Unicorns, Minotaurs and Hydras have nothing to do with tolkien.
BLASPHEME!!!

Blaspheme
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Blaspheme » 19 Jun 2006, 12:35

They should just copy this, then it would be a great expansion, with all the creatures are are famous and missing.

EXPANSION TOWN
GOBLIN - HOBGOBLIN (CONCURRENCE / TAUNT)
ORC - BOAR RAIDER (BERSERK / ENDEAVOR)
WEREWOLF - WERELORD (DARK TRANSFORMATION / LYCANTHROPY)
OGRE - OGRE SHAMAN (BLOOD LUST / BLOOD BARRIER / CLONE)
ROC - STORM ROC (AIR RAM / LIGHTNING ATTACK / STORM)
CYCLOPS - ELDER CYCLOPS (NO MELEE PENALTY / NO RANGED PENALTY / AREA ATTACK / MAGIC EYE)
BEHEMOTH - ANCIENT BEHEMOTH (BRICK BREAK / STRENGTH)

EXPANSION NEUTRAL CREATURES
LEVEL 1
HALFLING (GIANT SLAYER)
DWARF (MINING / MAGIC RESISTANCE)
LEVEL 2
ARACHNOID (SPIDER CLIMB / WEB / SLOW POISON) [A large black widow spider]
SATYR (LUCKY / FORTUNE / MIRTH) [ More rough & nasty looking, they wear arm-blades]
LEVEL 3
SAND RAIDER (FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT / HASTE / QUICKSAND / SANDSTORM) [Nomads riding on sand-mantas]
MERMAN (SLIPPERY / SEA BONUS) [ These look like swamp-monsters not like mermaids.]
LEVEL 4
BEHOLDER (TRUE SEEING / AURA OF VISION / EYE RAYS)
RUNE MASTER (ELEMENTAL MANIFESTATION / ELEMENTAL IMMUNITY) [A dwarf with purple skin and crawling tattoos]
LEVEL 5
MIMIC (SHAPESHIFT) [ Doppelgangers]
TROLL (REGENERATION / SYNCHRONIZE)
LEVEL 6
GORGON (STONE GAZE / STONE SKIN / ANIMATE STONE)[No the cow! Medusa with a cooler name!]
BASILISK (FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT / AGEING GAZE)
LEVEL 7
SLAYER (ANCHOR / STEALTH / CRICITAL STRIKE) [A mantis monster, half mantis, half demon]
KRAKEN (BLIND / ALL AROUND ATTACK / SHIP TERROR) [A giant octopus monster that can move on land)
LEVEL 8
FROST WYRM (MAGIC IMMUNITY / BREATH ATTACK / FREEZE / WINTERS WRATH) [A blue dragon]
BLASPHEME!!!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”