What Units would you like to see in a Snow Town Expansion?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

What Units would you like to see in a Snow Town Expansion?

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 14 Jun 2006, 04:48

Considering they are already working on an expansion and it seems one of them may be a naga swamp based race what is missing is a snow town.
This is my vision as to how it should be(anti-magic based town). Feel free to add your ideas as to what units you'd like to see. :D

Tier 1 - Gnome Mason/Gnome Soldier
Health 4/5
Dmg 1-2/1-2
Attack 1/1
Defense 1/2
Speed 4/5
Special :
50% resistant against any special ability that triggers on attack.
Upgrade gains
1% increase in mana cost per gnome in the stack on any enemy spell targetting on or adjacent to the gnomes. Cap of 150%.

Tier 2 - Dwarf Warrior/Dwarf Hammerhand
Health 18/22
Damage 2-4/3-4
Attack 3/4
Defense 4/4
Speed 4/4
Shots 0/1
Special :
20% magic resistance.
Upgrade gains 40% magic resistance. Shooter. No melee penalty.

Tier 3 - Dwarven Geomancer/Dwarven Elementalist
Health 25/30
Damage 4-7/4-7
Attack 4/5
Defense 5/6
Speed 5/5
Special :
Caster - Spells Available.
Stone Spikes, Regeneration spell.
Upgrade gains 1 extra casting of spells and the spell swap spell which lets him move one buff/debuff on to another target(the power of the moved spell changes according to the amount of units in the stack).

Tier 4 - Tiger/Sabre Toothed Tiger
Health 40/50
Damage 7-14/8-15
Attack 12/13
Defense 7/9
Speed 6/7
Special :
Large Creature, No Retaliation, Stalk(the target is invisible at the start of battle until he attacks). Upgrade grants the Sabre Toothed Tiger the ability to use the stalk ability an additional time in combat(requires a turn to activate during combat).

Tier 5 - WeaponMaster/RuneMaster
Health 55/65
Damage 8-14/10-15
Attack 14/16
Defense 16/18
Speed 5/5
Special :
Spell Immunity
Upgrade grants
Spellcaster : Enchant Armor(hp buff spell), Enchant Weapon(raw dmg increase buff spell)

Tier 6 - Hill Giant/Frost Giant
Health 140/160
Damage 15-20/15-25
Attack 18/22
Defense 21/25
Speed 5/6
Special :
Large Creature, Knockback(chance on attack to knock the target back and prevent from retaliating)
Upgrade gives immunity to ice spells and frost aura(every round a unit takes an action that puts it adjacent to a frost giant that unit suffers a loss in initiative until next turn.)

Tier 7 - Mammoth/War Mammoth
Health 260/340
Damage 25-45/30-50
Attack 21/25
Defense 21/25
Speed 5/6
Shots 0/12
Special :
Large Creature, Charge, Siege(can attack castle walls/towers), and Moat Immunity(immune to moat effects)
Upgrade gives Autoshoot(grants the war mammoth a secondary no retaliation automatic shot from the canopy on top of the war mammoth. This shot does 10-20 damage per war mammoth.)

There anyways those are the units I'd like to see in a snow town and their approximate stats. Any other ideas? Feel free to add. And before you ask, yes I'm very bored. 8|

Editted the tier 6 and tier 4 units with a something better according to the suggestions given. I think now they are a little better. :D
Last edited by MrSteamTank on 17 Jun 2006, 11:21, edited 1 time in total.

erased. over. out
Pixie
Pixie

Re: What Units would you like to see in a Snow Town Expansio

Unread postby erased. over. out » 14 Jun 2006, 06:13

MrSteamTank wrote:Feel free to add your ideas as to what units you'd like to see. :D
A respectable list, but I'd like to see a Yeti in there somewhere- preferably level 6 or 7. For the snow terrain, I can also suggest spellcasters like the Volva, ground units like Valkyries, Wolves ofcourse, and maybe even a creature like Sleipnir (8-legged horse for those who don't know). Don't laugh, but I think the boar can make a comeback, or perhaps even twisted goat-like creatures like the Tanngrisnir. In Norse mythology, they would drag Thor's chariot. :D

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Jun 2006, 06:56

Id prefer giants in a mountain town.And as for werewolf,they strike me better as neutrals.Also,some kind of a flyer would be nice.An eagle,or something like that.

Cunning Death
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Cunning Death » 14 Jun 2006, 07:47

MrSteamTank wrote: Tier 3 - Dwarven Geomancer/Dwarven Elementalist
Health 25/30
Damage 4-7/4-7
Attack 4/5
Defense 5/6
Speed 5/5
Special :
Caster - Spells Available.
Stone Spikes, Regeneration spell.
Upgrade gains 1 extra casting of spells and the spell swap spell which lets him move one buff/debuff on to another target(the power of the moved spell changes according to the amount of units in the stack).
I'd really welcome some spell switcin'.... :yummy:

nice work of you, all these units, but I don't know if this could be balanced :thinking:

and dwarves are definitely missing....

C.D:
warning! there might be documented features in Heroes V
Water Polo European Championships Hajrá magyarok!

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 14 Jun 2006, 09:04

I would add a second Gnome unit, I would remove the werewolves entirely, I suspect that an Oliphant, while cool, also doesn't fit a snow theme.

I would prefer the dwarves not to get a ranged unit, but to give them caster melee units, while let the Gnomes take on the ranged role as they're quite feeble.

I quite like the idea of the eight legged horse, whose name is cool and impossible to spell :p I'm not sure I want a dwarf ridining it, but I think that would fit better, and be cooler than riding a bear.

Other than that, I suspect that the snow town will be dwarfs. Also, where are all these naga swamp town rumours coming from?
~ Rapier.

Sixy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sixy » 14 Jun 2006, 10:18

The eight-legged horse's name is Sleipnir. : )

I just cannot see why are oliphants in a snow-based town... They would be freezing. Maybe mammoths. : ) But I'd prefer giants instead of them. Or giants riding mammoths... Hmm... ;| : )

On the other hand I even could imagine the expected naga-based race as a snow town instead of a swamp town. In this case, the second race would be the barbarians.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 14 Jun 2006, 10:28

Nagas wouldnt fit in a snow town IMO I just couldnt imagine they live along with dwarves, second they are swampy creatures from myths. So a swamp town for them would be more fitting.

Sixy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sixy » 14 Jun 2006, 10:35

Okay. So then the Mammoth Riders remain. : )

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 14 Jun 2006, 14:17

Sixy wrote:The eight-legged horse's name is Sleipnir. : )

I just cannot see why are oliphants in a snow-based town... They would be freezing. Maybe mammoths. : ) But I'd prefer giants instead of them. Or giants riding mammoths... Hmm... ;| : )

On the other hand I even could imagine the expected naga-based race as a snow town instead of a swamp town. In this case, the second race would be the barbarians.
Well I was thinking of a mammoth but it would seem a little small for a tier 7 unit. I was thinking of a hairy version of the oliphants in lotr. The upgraded one would have war paint and a large canopy on the back so it would function as a mobile turret so to speak.

And yeah a mountain giant does seem to fit in a little better than a werewolf. I was just thinking of something that actually has a little dps since all the other units in the snow town type lack it. The general theme of the snow town at least to me would be anti-magic, slow, and highly defensive.

As for bear raiders/knights I was thinking of a slot to fill so I just made something up. I couldn't really think of a good tier 4 slot for the dwarf snow town.

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 14 Jun 2006, 14:40

MrSteamTank wrote:Tier 7 - Oliphant/War Oliphant
This isn't LotR -_-

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jun 2006, 15:11

Warlock wrote: This isn't LotR -_-
All modern fantasy is LotR, by way of D&D.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Thanquol
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Thanquol » 14 Jun 2006, 15:58

ThunderTitan wrote:
Warlock wrote: This isn't LotR -_-
All modern fantasy is LotR, by way of D&D.
While LotR has been a great inspiration for the development of the fantasy genre, it is a little narrowminded - and an outright insult to the creative people - to say that all modern fantasy is merely LotR variations.

That is like saying that all modern rock'n'roll bands are only Elvis clones.

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 14 Jun 2006, 16:17

Warlock wrote:
MrSteamTank wrote:Tier 7 - Oliphant/War Oliphant
This isn't LotR -_-
The names don't even matter the general idea of the unit does. I was thinking of something with the size of an oliphant from lotr with the upgraded version having a large canopy on the top. Obviously with the mammoth shaggy fur to make it 'snow' themed. Names for example like dwarf warrior and gnome soldier are just there because I couldn't think of something better.

Anyways lotr references are absolutely everwhere. Why are elves always sleek and agile and not small like santa claus elves? So an oliphant is not such a stretch of the imagination.

Genesis
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Genesis » 14 Jun 2006, 16:54

I'd like to see some of the old creatures reappearing - I don't like the way the Heroes 5 towns tend to be focussed round one race. Having said that, we do, of course, need a commanding race - the Dwarves with this one obviously. Here are a few ideas of mine (of course, just a brainstorm).

Tier 1 - Troglodyte Serf/Troglodyte Thrall
Reasoning: Trogs are an underground race, as are the Dwarves. Seeing as they are also a weak race often confined to servitude, it would make sense for the Troglodytes to fulfil a slave cannon-fodder race function (especially seeing as Dwarves are too funky to have as a measly level 1 race). Also, it distances Heroes 5 from Warcraft and Gnomes because, to be honest, Gnomes and Dwarves seems to be a bit of an overused alliance. Maybe Gnomes would be good as neutrals.

Tier 2 - Dwarf Hammerer/Dwarf Thunderer
Reason: Just thinking up a couple of new names for those Dwarves, seeing as 'warriors' don't tend to be shooters. It would be nice to see hammer-throwing Dwarves anyhow.

Tier 3 - Dwarven Geomancer/Dwarven Elementalist
Nice one.

Tier 4 - Centaur/Centaur Captain
Reason: I've always liked the Centaur from the Narnia perspective and, though the last Narnia film was crap, I liked that Centaur commander. The Centaur worked well with the Dwarves in the Rampart town in Heroes 3, and it would be nice to see them work together again, albeit in a chillier climate. I'd rather see them with the Dwarves than the Orcs in any case.

Tier 5 - Dwarf Einheriar/Dwarf Thane
Reason: I'm not sure whether I like your Weapon- or Rune-masters idea (especially due to your inclusion of another spell casting dwarf unit), so I've decided to put in the Einheriar - literally, in Old Norse, 'one man army'. Obviously, that's not the intention, but I've always fancied the Dwarves as extremely hard-hitting combat fighters and your list seems to lack Dwarves made for that purpose.

Tier 6 - Valkyrie Maiden/Valkyrie Disir
Reason: Pretty much just a breast of fresh ass... sorry, breath of fresh air for a predominantly male (and VERY masculine) army. It would be a nice way to add those Pegasi back into the game as well as giving a flying creature to an army very firmly attatched to the ground. As a nice twist (as well as adhering to the Dwarven theme), the Valkyries themselves could be female DWARVES.

Tier 7 - Behemoth/Ancient Behemoth
Reason: I always wandered why an extremely furry creature lived in the desert in previous games. What makes the Behemoth especially viable in the Dwarven Town is the presence of Grendel in the old Beowulf saga - big, monstrous and hairy. I'm sure he'll fit right in.
...twisted goat-like creatures like the Tanngrisnir. In Norse mythology, they would drag Thor's chariot.
So why not have them as a hero's mount/chariot-puller?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jun 2006, 17:01

Thanquol wrote: While LotR has been a great inspiration for the development of the fantasy genre, it is a little narrowminded - and an outright insult to the creative people - to say that all modern fantasy is merely LotR variations.
Sweeping generalizations are almost never corect, but they do leave a greater impact on peoples minds when used.

For a snow town Ice&Frost Giants would work quite well. So would a Roc, as in myth they are white. Roc -> Frostwing or something. And Loremaster is a good name for a dwarf caster unit.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 14 Jun 2006, 17:25

My proposal was this. Sorry, I didn't get too involved and include stats. That's Ubi & Nival's job.

Level 1: Halfling/Frostling (shooter)
Level 2: Dwarf/Dwarven Warrior (melee)
Level 3: Novice Alchemist/Master Alchemist (healing caster)
Level 4: Enchanter/White Wizard (buffing & damaging caster/shooter)
Level 5: Valkyrie/Thrud (daughter of Thor) (2x2 flyer)
Level 6: Yeti/Frost Giant (2x2 melee)
Level 7: Water Drake/Ice Drake (2x2 flyer)

innokenti
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby innokenti » 14 Jun 2006, 17:38

Genesis wrote: Tier 7 - Behemoth/Ancient Behemoth
Reason: I always wandered why an extremely furry creature lived in the desert in previous games. What makes the Behemoth especially viable in the Dwarven Town is the presence of Grendel in the old Beowulf saga - big, monstrous and hairy. I'm sure he'll fit right in.
Have Grendel and then Grendel's Mother as upgrade :P

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jun 2006, 17:48

innokenti wrote: Have Grendel and then Grendel's Mother as upgrade :P
As the Nightmare debacle proved people will not stand for a male to be upgraded into a female. They'll even tolerate a stupid name like Hell Charger so it won't happen.

Jimmpi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Jimmpi » 14 Jun 2006, 19:17

Hmm, I thought there already was a thread there people was talking about an dwarven town(that would have snow as "home" terrain")

lvl 1 Gnome/Gnome archer.
lvl 2 Boar/ Boar Rider
lvl 3 War Dwarf/ Berserker
lvl 4 Ice Hawk/ Frost Falcon or pegasus/silver pegasus..
lvl 5 Red dragon/ Crystal Dragon
lvl 6 Dwarven Lord/ Dwarven Warlord
lvl 7 Giant/ Frost Giant

Return to “Heroes V-VI”