AI and difficulty levels?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
apathy59
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

AI and difficulty levels?

Unread postby apathy59 » 13 Jun 2006, 17:55

My understanding is that the difficulty level affects not just the resources of the computer opponents, but also the AI level. Is this true? Does the computer actually play smarter at harder levels?

Which brings me to my next question. Is there any way to make the computer play its best without giving it an unfair resource advantage?

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 13 Jun 2006, 18:10

I don't think the Ai plays better, I just think it doesn't have abilities and options disabled.

I know on heroic that one shot abilities like lay on hands can be used unlimited times by a computer.
~ Rapier.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 13 Jun 2006, 18:48

THe Ai does some things better at higher difficulties. It handles movement and area effect spells better in combat, for starters. On the adventure map, it's tweaked to have different objectives (goes more for humans at higher levels). From the looks of the data.pak files, playing at Hard puts you on as equal footing as possible.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

thecheese
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby thecheese » 13 Jun 2006, 19:39

Harder difficulties = more AI cheating, slightly better performance. Realistically, the level of AI performance on Heroic should be what it's at on Normal. There are so many flaws with the AI right now, it's not even funny.

Mostly, though, it's just cheating. Hell, they even cheat on normal difficulty.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”