Tactics in slyvan campaign hero

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
bugmenot
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Tactics in slyvan campaign hero

Unread postby bugmenot » 12 Jun 2006, 23:07

is this a joke? why put the ultimate skill in the game if you will put a skill that will make it impossible to take by default in campaign? I mean tactics?!? I am frustrated: haven ultimate worthless, inferno impossible to take (I finished it b4 patch), I made a mistake and couldn't get howl of terror, dungeon ultimate is worthless, finally slyvan hero has TACTICS by DEFAULT! is there some kind of trainer to switch skills of heros in savegames :(

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Jun 2006, 00:10

So what if you get predetermined hero?I remember solmyr was a battle mage in HIV,yet I wasnt bothered.Remember what skills catherene had in HIII(or was it in the expansion?),but it still was very enjoyable to play.

juventas
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby juventas » 13 Jun 2006, 00:24

I say it's good that he can't get the ultimate. Have you ever tried an experience cheat to get up to level 40 and tried to get the ultimate that way? It's friggin' impossible. Don't waste your time thinking you might get the ultimate, cuz somewhere along the way you'll be offered two skills that will prevent you from getting it anyway.

scorch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby scorch » 13 Jun 2006, 00:46

juventas wrote:I say it's good that he can't get the ultimate. Have you ever tried an experience cheat to get up to level 40 and tried to get the ultimate that way? It's friggin' impossible. Don't waste your time thinking you might get the ultimate, cuz somewhere along the way you'll be offered two skills that will prevent you from getting it anyway.
Ulti. is level 29-30 top!! if you play it right
and some of the Ulti. are really great..."Nature Luck" is the best thing ever!
I even got Findan with that cause you just need "Flaming arrow" and you don;y need to continue to "Nature Wrath" so you got : Tactics+Franzy+Flaming arrow
and you can fet "Nature Luck"

bugmenot
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bugmenot » 13 Jun 2006, 00:52

are you sure you can get nature's luck with that? for flaming arrow don't you need nature's wrath? it says so in the skill section here in this site, so that's not accurate?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Jun 2006, 07:05

scorch wrote:Ulti. is level 29-30 top!! if you play it right
Thats not what he said.He said that somewhere during the levelup youll be offered only the two wrong skills,and youll be boned.
scorch wrote: and some of the Ulti. are really great..."Nature Luck" is the best thing ever!
I even got Findan with that cause you just need "Flaming arrow" and you don;y need to continue to "Nature Wrath" so you got : Tactics+Franzy+Flaming arrow
Isnt natures wrath a prerequest for the flaming arrow?

bugmenot
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bugmenot » 13 Jun 2006, 11:24

DaemianLucifer wrote:
scorch wrote:Ulti. is level 29-30 top!! if you play it right
Thats not what he said.He said that somewhere during the levelup youll be offered only the two wrong skills,and youll be boned.
scorch wrote: and some of the Ulti. are really great..."Nature Luck" is the best thing ever!
Isnt natures wrath a prerequest for the flaming arrow?
can someone confirm this?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Jun 2006, 12:21

bugmenot wrote: can someone confirm this?
The skill wheel says so.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 13 Jun 2006, 12:38

The skill wheel has been wrong before... and I've never got flaming arrows but I have manged to have nature's wrath, so I think the skill wheel is right.

I also think that it should be possible to get the ultimate skills because it's meant to be a stratigic choice, and yet the choice is denied to you at the very start of the campaign.
~ Rapier.

scorch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby scorch » 13 Jun 2006, 13:01

Well couple of things
1. I was wrong about only "Flaming arrow"
2. I try to start all over again lst night the campign and it apper i got a new bug ( Flaming aroow and AFTER that Nature Wrath) that explain how i got the "nature luck" So I'm sorry for saying that Its a problem in MY game.

3. you can always change the start Skills from a file...I remember someone did that to Markal and change the Leadership into something else ( Cause "Herald Of Death was reallly lame and not seems to help alot )

So again !
sorry for the wrong info!
UBI....add something to your bug list!

And all have a nice day

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 13 Jun 2006, 19:49

Rapier wrote:The skill wheel has been wrong before...
yes, but AFAIK, it's only the Wizards special skills for Luck that's wrong.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

bugmenot
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bugmenot » 13 Jun 2006, 20:19

Rapier wrote:The skill wheel has been wrong before... and I've never got flaming arrows but I have manged to have nature's wrath, so I think the skill wheel is right.
err, according to the wheel, you have to have flaming arrows for nature's right. either the wheel is wrong, or you can't get nature's luck without flaming arrows.

bugmenot
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bugmenot » 14 Jun 2006, 00:00

man I don't want to continue the campaign anymore :(

juventas
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby juventas » 14 Jun 2006, 00:11

Just because you can't get the ultimate? Believe me, even if Findan didn't have tactics, the chance of you getting ultimate is very very small.

scorch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby scorch » 14 Jun 2006, 00:39

bugmenot wrote:man I don't want to continue the campaign anymore :(
You should continue!!!
you get 2 hero's with "Nature Luck" auto in level 3!!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”