Sylvan campaign, map 3

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 24 Jul 2006, 03:28

damn tumorbane!!! 160 titans, that will take some killing!! i would guess that you maybe took a smidge too long

dare i ask what week/month you are in?

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 24 Jul 2006, 03:36

The enemy just sits there in the capital with this 20 Spectral Dragons, 25 Wraiths, 33 Vampire Lords and what else he now got.
Weird, in my game they loved to rush out. Perhaps I moved up my blade dancers to their striking distance...?

Well, even if you only have 8 emerald, with resurrection you can still theoretically defeat Teal with what you have, just needs some patience.
tumorbane wrote:The other prison is now guarded by 160 titans...
Okay... does your Findan have Dark magic? I guess it is rather an unpopular choice, but it is like buying an insurance for sticky situations like this. With Blind, Frenzy and other crazy stuff, you can manipulate any crazy neutral stacks to death. :D

In fact I just read about some guy defeated the C1M5 garrison with less than 300 Imperial Griffins, thanks to Dark Magic and Sorcery -- for a might hero, Isabel.

BUT--- you need Sandro's cloak as Titans are immune to mind control! If you don't have it then forget about the dark magic idea.

I really got no good clue about how to get through that. Neutrals grow at about 10% per week. So if your army grows more than 10% per week, you can actually wait a bit to build up your strength, but that really sounds crazy.

tumorbane
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby tumorbane » 25 Jul 2006, 17:36

stefan.urlus wrote:damn tumorbane!!! 160 titans, that will take some killing!! i would guess that you maybe took a smidge too long

dare i ask what week/month you are in?
That was in the midst of month 5. Last night, I finally finished the mission. I restarted in a slightly earlier save when there was a mere 120 titans. That was still insurmountable to my secondary hero, and I initially didn't think I could get Findan there and back again in time to defend from the endless purple onslaught, but after a lot of tries, I found a large enough window of opportunity to get there, kill the titans, and town portal twice to get back just in time to save the capital. Huzzah!

Truthfully, if the AI was better, I don't think I would've won the titan battle. They kept prefering to attack my ranged units who were only minimal threats to them compared to my large stacks of silver unicorns and ancient treants that they probably could've decimated early on.

In retrospect, I certainly slowplayed this map, but it's called "the defense" right?

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 25 Jul 2006, 18:09

tumorbane wrote: (160 titans) That was in the midst of month 5. Last night, I finally finished the mission.

In retrospect, I certainly slowplayed this map, but it's called "the defense" right?
Nah. For all strategy games the rushers always win. :D

Let's see... if you are playing on heroic, then the weekly growth for neutrals is 11% per week. Now assume you see 160 titans during Week 3, Month 5. So 4 x 4 + 2 = 18 weeks have passed.

1.11 ^ 18 = 6.54
160/6.54=24.26

In week One you probably have 25 Titans there. Sounds right. Oh what a difference. :D

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 27 Jul 2006, 03:53

Not to pre-empt the news, but a solid walkthrough for this map is up... a cookie to the first person who finds it! It's written by someone other than me because I got distracted by real life. He has run through it twice on heroic difficulty and it's pretty good imo.

canerata7
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby canerata7 » 02 Aug 2006, 09:36

Anyone did it on heroic with patch 1.2?? I think they changed this map a lot in terms of difficulty with patch 1.2. I just can't beat Necros.

vdupuy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vdupuy » 04 Aug 2006, 13:14

I'm having a similar issue.

I manage to win the initial fight with about 16 dragons left, and most of the other stuff. Then the first couple of Necros are easy to beat with Findan, but if you do the level 1 here strategy, the losses are larger, and without dragons, you lose all your shooters, and can't build up fast enough and eventually the purple kills you.

Any new post 1.2 input on this map?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”