Gah! Login problemo!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Gah! Login problemo!

Unread postby Orfinn » 11 Jun 2006, 16:06

Yeah I just cant get on UBI.com, after entering my password, it comes to where I wait for getting in. I wait and wait and suddenly it gets back to the multiplayer menu with no warning or error messages at all. Is this because of mods or high traffic?

Fraudatio
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Fraudatio » 11 Jun 2006, 16:46

I have the same problem, does anyone know wheteher this is the server or anything else?

Braxen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Gah! Login problemo!

Unread postby Braxen » 11 Jun 2006, 22:22

Orfinn wrote:Yeah I just cant get on UBI.com, after entering my password, it comes to where I wait for getting in. I wait and wait and suddenly it gets back to the multiplayer menu with no warning or error messages at all. Is this because of mods or high traffic?
Check your firewall settings...that did the trick for me.

urbanmonk
Scout
Scout

Unread postby urbanmonk » 12 Jun 2006, 02:37

It was being a pain earlier today, my guess was a server issue with UBI, seems to be working again last time I tried.

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Gah! Login problemo!

Unread postby addicted » 12 Jun 2006, 14:21

Orfinn wrote:Yeah I just cant get on UBI.com, after entering my password, it comes to where I wait for getting in. I wait and wait and suddenly it gets back to the multiplayer menu with no warning or error messages at all. Is this because of mods or high traffic?
Are you referring to trying to log on to play MP online or just trying to log onto ubi's website in general?

If it is for the online MP, somewhere on these forums, can't remember where, they are saying there are still problems with MP log-on and is suppose to be fixed more with the next patch? Also in the readme file that came with the 1st patch, it states: quote:The game does not support playing through http proxy. The player needs direct (real IP) or NATed (most intranets) internet connection. In case of firewall the player needs to open the following ports:
6668 TCP (IRC servers(chat in lobby))
40000 to 42999 TCP (Various Ubi.com servers)
44000 UDP (CDKey servers)
45000 UDP (NAT server)
42500 UDP ( CDKey local port, can be configured by player through game config files, "setvar net_ubi_cdkey_port = ")
8888 UDP (The Game itself, can be configured by player through game config files, "setvar net_game_port = ")unquote

If you are just trying to log onto ubi in general, and just typing in ubi.com, Try logging on at this extended url
http://www.ubi.com/US/Default.aspx

maybe it will work better... don't know but worth a try.. :D

You could log on in general and contact ubi support at:
http://www.ubi.com/us/support/default.aspx
and maybe they can give you a solution.. Other than that, I haven't a clue man! :)
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 12 Jun 2006, 18:05

i have turned off my firewall for H5 since I got an 707 error message first time I tried to log on after the game got patched.
But thanks for the advices anyway ;)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”