What are your Map Editor plans?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Salisa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Salisa » 12 Jun 2006, 06:38

Orfinn wrote:I would like to create a dark forest map again, RPG style. The only thing I beg will be in the expansion and the map editor is spooky trees (like those in H4) and werewolves :-D
and a way to move slowly thru the tree's.. slowly thru as in a penalty for going thru the wood to grannies house!!

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 12 Jun 2006, 07:42

Salisa wrote:Your all asking the wrong question!...

What you all should be doing is sieging Ubisoft so there will actually BE a map editor... if there was going to be one it would of been included... Ubisoft is to busy missing the points of replayabitly , I'm already ready to get out my older versions atleast they have a RANDOM map maker that keeps them fresh 100's of years after there first release!!! :devil:

So i'm playing a Normal game in the campaign and I get to the garrison and to my surprise there's 1k this and 1 k that 480 elite devils I got 9 arch angel 15 ponies and a pack of bubble gum.... I look at the numbers of my foes and get out my calculator and lo there's more here in the garrsion then I've made armies in the whole campaign how can this be normal????
Nival and Ubisoft have confirmed a map editor, and given us a rough date for it's release (which I expect to change). As for that garrison, that would be the map makers way of saying, "You aren't meant to do this... ever." I tried... that fight is unwinable :p

Personally I will probably start by making a straight up team/ffa map, because heroes 5 suffers from a distint lack of maps... later on I'll probably try something cleverer, maybe even a campain if they ever release an editor for it.
~ Rapier.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 12 Jun 2006, 09:47

I plan to create a huge campaign taking place in the old MM universe... I already talked about it here : viewtopic.php?t=2057&highlight=

(don't hesitate to vote in the poll ;))

Hipshot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Hipshot » 12 Jun 2006, 13:10

If possible to make themes, I'll see about making a new texture set to play in. And then make a map for that theme.

Cunning Death
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Cunning Death » 13 Jun 2006, 01:16

Prime Evil wrote:I hope to make a map the size of an elephant, with endless nr of towns and heroes, and loads of goodies to be found. Ofcourse i want to give myself a big advantage towards the other players :baby: And i hope it lasts for endless turns
some scriptin' pal, and they won't have any chance :-)

wonder who would play with it...

C.D.

HulkaS
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HulkaS » 13 Jun 2006, 17:50

Cunning Death wrote:
Prime Evil wrote:I hope to make a map the size of an elephant, with endless nr of towns and heroes, and loads of goodies to be found. Ofcourse i want to give myself a big advantage towards the other players :baby: And i hope it lasts for endless turns
some scriptin' pal, and they won't have any chance :-)

wonder who would play with it...

C.D.
Me,lol.
And yeah i really want big big map with lots of castles and posibility to actually lvl up hero a lot.

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 13 Jun 2006, 17:55

ThunderTitan wrote:
OliverFA wrote: One thing that would be really nice would be a kind of automated tool that automatically translated H1-H2-H3 maps into H5 maps. Don't know if it's too difficult to perform, but would be nice :-)
I belive impossible would be the operating word.
Not only that but the games just don't translate. How do you represent Stronghold or Fortress towns for example?

Linky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Linky » 13 Jun 2006, 19:04

Warlock wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote:
OliverFA wrote: One thing that would be really nice would be a kind of automated tool that automatically translated H1-H2-H3 maps into H5 maps. Don't know if it's too difficult to perform, but would be nice :-)
I belive impossible would be the operating word.
Not only that but the games just don't translate. How do you represent Stronghold or Fortress towns for example?
Well that kind of is the reason TT said it's impossible. ;)

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 13 Jun 2006, 19:30

First let me see the H5 editor (both scenario and campaign) then I'll know. If I think that it is good (what I think it is :) ), then I'll train little with him and later make few connected campaigns in both H4 and H5 (and perhaps WoG.)
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Jun 2006, 19:38

Linky wrote: Well that kind of is the reason TT said it's impossible. ;)
Actualy you could always just have all the towns be on Random as default. I was thinking more along the lines of the differnt code and the 2D/3D thing.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Cunning Death
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Cunning Death » 13 Jun 2006, 20:13

Personally I want to see the heavy scriptability that came with H4. Alhough I'm far from finishing the campaigns, I saw some promising scripted events in H5, so I'm optimistic :tsup: What I'm afraid of is that I didn't see the detailed documentation of the game itself, so I just can't expect proper documentation for the map editor :sceptic:

I'm not a mapmaker myself (lack some abilities...) but I tossed around the H3 and H4 mapeditors and I saw big depths of possibilities, especially in H4. H4 mapeditor is the lowest minimum for the H5 one, I think. Can't wait for the first maps coming out...

C.D.
warning! there might be documented features in Heroes V
Water Polo European Championships Hajrá magyarok!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”