Hero's attack

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
mctronic
Peasant
Peasant

Hero's attack

Unread postby mctronic » 10 Jun 2006, 18:18

How is the hero's attack calculated ?
Most of the time, you can do more damage on high level monsters but not the same damage (lower damage) on low level monsters.

thx

Xenofex.XVII
Scout
Scout

Re: Hero's attack

Unread postby Xenofex.XVII » 10 Jun 2006, 18:35

mctronic wrote:How is the hero's attack calculated ?
Most of the time, you can do more damage on high level monsters but not the same damage (lower damage) on low level monsters.

thx
hero deals damage differently from creatures.
Creature LVL coeficient * Lvl coeficient = X% of creature HP Damage
:devil: :devious:

I tested this with making zombies have 2000 HP, 20K Defence. :devious:
My creatures did only 1 damage with non-magic (Phisical) attack. But my hero could kill 4 zombies with one shot (He was ~20 lvl)
It is time to stop believing and start understanding. - Rael

mctronic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mctronic » 11 Jun 2006, 06:04

Shouln't it be better ? I mean melee heroes should do much better damage in my opinion. If caster heroes can get to 1K of damage with spells why not melee heroes get something good has well like 500 damage.

Anyways in heroes 5, there should of been a primary skill call damage for the hero that would go higher when he or she levels up. Of course, might heroes would do more damage that magic heroes just like Heroes 4 did (MODs anyone ? :))

Xenofex.XVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Xenofex.XVII » 11 Jun 2006, 08:17

Try making some neutral creatures of low level(skeleton for example) have 20 000 000 Hitpoits ;)

Then you'll notice hero dealing more than 20 000 000 (lvl 1hero) damage with his attack ;)
It is time to stop believing and start understanding. - Rael

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 Jun 2006, 08:24

The attack should depend on your attack and creatures defense.Some skill could also add you "ignore defense" for your heroes attack(maybe offense,although it is powerful enough already).Also,it should be a range,not a fixed number.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 11 Jun 2006, 09:42

I dispise the way they did the attack thing of the heroes. It proves to be too strong if you have strong creatures. For example, 2 same level heroes, you got 1 Black Dragon he has 30 gargs, you should win right? Wrong. You will kill maybe 5 Gargs a hit with your attack while he will kill your BD in one or two hits max. It also gives a huge advantage to heroes who are losing and have no mana - they just use turns to kill one by one of your lvl 7 creatures.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 11 Jun 2006, 09:51

And Nival says the idea of the game was to force players into making a decision: only many low levels which are cheap, or only high levels which are expensive, but have "unique" abilities. It seems that the choice is obvious, especially because of the tier 7 prices, and their vurnability to damage (spells, heroes). By the way I wonder why non-upgraded Dragons lost ther magic immunities...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 11 Jun 2006, 11:57

@DL
with your proposal, might as well bring back the heroes on the field, H4-like. Not that i'm strongly opposed to the idea, mind you. I think it's better in H5 but anyway, not the point.
I think the way it works is not bad, even though it might need some fine-tuning. But the concept of hurting more high-level creatures is interesting. It hurts Dungeon a lot though ;)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 Jun 2006, 12:38

Gus wrote:@DL
with your proposal, might as well bring back the heroes on the field, H4-like. Not that i'm strongly opposed to the idea, mind you. I think it's better in H5 but anyway, not the point.
Actually Id prefer a different system.Heroes should be weak on their own(something like a single level three or four creature),but able to add to a stack.Magical heroes could cast spells instead of that stack moving or attacking,so they should be asigned to slow walkers(but with high initiative).Combat heroes would greatly boost the stack they are asigned to,so they should be asigned to a unit that will see a lot of battle.Tacticians would give a small boost,but to all stacks,so they should be asigned to the most durable stack.The hero would receive damage proportional to creature number and HP of the stack its assigned to.This way a hero could die,even if the stack survives,yet he would receive less damage than on its own.

Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 11 Jun 2006, 12:44

that could be interesting, but it would be kind of off-topic here. Could you make a thread about it, if you have already thought about this in depth? Or have you already made one, that i can go read? =)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”