Dungeon Campain 3 The Cultist (possible spoilers)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Rapier
Scout
Scout

Dungeon Campain 3 The Cultist (possible spoilers)

Unread postby Rapier » 10 Jun 2006, 17:03

Okay, usually I'm stubborn and proud, I play on the hardest difficulty I can on games until I'm beaten in to submission, and I've made it to Dungeon campaign 3 on heroic...

Now I need some help. I have summon phoenix and all destruction spells with empower, both Shayna and Raelag are powerful.

Raelag: Expert Summoning, Destruction, Sorcery. Advanced Irresistible Magic, Luck, Defence.

Shayna: Expert Dark, Summoning, Destruction. Advanced Irresistible Magic, Luck, Defence.

I have a good distribution of stats on Shayna and apart form a defenciency in defence on Raelag (which is made up for by high sp and attack).

I can take the first two towns, I've killed of Sintaar, Lethos, Segref and one other who I can't remember from the start. The first demon attack was relatively easy to fend off. The problem is the number of casualties I take,

What I need is advice on which way to go to take out most of the Soulscar towns and the best way to do it. I'd also like to know if I should be trying to hold these two towns (I have a save from before taking the second). I managed to do quite well on a previous attempt when I didn't have summoning magic by holding only one town and had killed 6 of the powerful Soulscar heroes (Is it 7 btw? or are there more than that?).

The only person I know of who has beaten this map on heroic did it with a bug on raise dead (if you raise your last stack at the end of the fight you kept them). Now in desperation I tried to use this bug, but it appears to have been patched (which is good, but frustrating for me right now :-D).

Anyone have any ideas? Please don’t suggest things that are likely to only work on normal. (I’ve tried the normal difficulty on 5 and I know how much easier it is, the difficulty scales a lot 8|) Although even that might be of help.
~ Rapier.

Sathasarus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heh, u either got it or not

Unread postby Sathasarus » 10 Jun 2006, 17:26

Yo man, i've been playing homm for a very long time and very rarely play it on the harder levels cause that basically just means I gotta skip more turns to get a bigger army but whatever.

Since you can't block the shooters from attacking the other shooters, u gotta have an army that can reach the other side. That means nightmares, cerebie (course i had the tactics skill but there is also boots of +1 speed on the right side of the map which will compensate for that), uhm, green dragons... i also got that phantom forces spell from the beginning so as soon as I cast that with my hero the enemy will always waste their next units turn on killing that phantom force and it they miss it (50%) then the next enemy in line will take a swing.. so i can play with that to make my losses lower. Also make sure u visit the luck shrines and stuff. As for map tactics...

You should build up the first town to cerebus, and not upgrade any other unit cept the imps, then take the next elf town and build it up until unicorns or treants (don't get druids at this point they suck), then take the third upper left town when you can but don't build it up until u got green dragons in the other place. but try to get atleast ur first level archers asap... there is a hill upgrade thing so really u just need enough troops to take the first elf town, then build as fast as you can to get the first level all the way up to gree ndragons, skipping druids if u want (druids are decent at like 84 of them but before that all they do is soak up damage and die.. so u should get hunters, unicorns and treants and the green dragons)

the whole key is to get ur best units and a lot of them right? so hunters, cerebius, unicorns, treants (btw with treants are your key to success.) gl hope i helped.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 10 Jun 2006, 17:32

Played on heroic. Managed to keep only one of the starting area towns. The second one I conquered, but had to give up and took it again as one of the last ones. The first weeks were really hard, then AI needed a break, which I used for counterattack. Mainly relaying on meteor shower and rise dead than troops. AI has 5, IIRC, towns in addition to these two, the most developed ones in my case were middle-West (accidentally conquered it as first) and North-West (behind a garnison, left for last). Other towns were about lvl 10 only when I took them. Maybe in your case the AI choses other towns to level up. Edit: don't forget to check your taver for beated enemy heroes. Your former opponents can become handy.

@Sathasarus, you must be talking about inferno campaign :p

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 10 Jun 2006, 17:37

Buy out all the heroes you defeat. Dungeon ones that is...all over level 20. As for least casaulities in fights, I managed just fine with Meteor Shower, Implosion (both Raelag and Shayda, and all empowered spells), and Summon Phoenix (only Shayda). AI is silly, likes to surround those pathetic Scouts, and that makes it easy target for meteor shower. Most of my army were pack of minos, all I could buy scouts/assasins, and later some hydras. And everytime is a must to have all 7 slots filled. Also, and this might be weird, check tavern for some necro heroes, but with army. In my second play of this map, pack of zombies really helped as they stayed 'alive' when Raised from Dead.

Anyway, as said, check tavern daily, and buy out all those heroes you defeated when being attacked. I managed to buy all but 1 in my first play, and all in second. They lose attacking force, you get nice scouts. :)

After getting attacked by 5-6 heroes, and buying most of them for myself, I've ventured to the purple area behind portals. I went from south western to north eastern (and actually left alone last town as wanted to visit all stat boosters first on map). AI still had couple of 20+ level heroes, but as didn't bought great numbers of army when defending earlier, had nice army - and also had some nice one back home to defend vs Inferno bastards - and coupled that with Raelag's great spell casting abilities, taking over purple towns wasn't that tough.

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 10 Jun 2006, 22:17

Actually, I'm curious, I have been doing that, but I'm wondering if the computer even gets offered them again if you don't choose to hire them... since I'm assuming if you have them and they get killed they do rehire them.
~ Rapier.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”