Yes, I do 1060 dmg with my Lightning bolt but I have 1 Know

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
RK
Peasant
Peasant

Yes, I do 1060 dmg with my Lightning bolt but I have 1 Know

Unread postby RK » 09 Jun 2006, 20:31

What's the deal here? It seems stuck with 1 Knowledge from Level 1 till 15. After observing a match between my brother and cousin, I noticed that the Dungeon hero hardly gets any Mana boost. Is this the only way to balance their insane spellpower?

And the last battle was hilarious. It was the first time I witnessed a Castle siege and I had no idea what to expect but a sound trashing for the defenders (the inferno had a lvl 1 hero with 1 week worth of troops lvl 1-7 , half upgraded) I'm not trying to be too specific, but my brother had about 30+ upg hydra, 10 shadow witch, and 28 riders leftover from a couple of whirlpool trips and naval battle with my cousin's main hero n army.

I was wrong. The handful of imps took away all the mana. Leaving him with 2 casts of empowered 1080 Lightning bolt and 364 Eldritch arrow.
After he blew thru those two, the gate still shut. The raiders died, and so are his witches. 32 Hydra sitting outside the gate. Being hit by 3 towers, 1 siege engine (7-15 dmg) and Lv 1 hero blasting Ice bolt over n over n over. ;|

At the same moment, Equador and Poland are having their World cup match and they fail to interest me in one bit. The H5 battle turned into a very silly affair with 30 hydra staring outside gate waiting for it to be opened. At the end of the fight there was one lone hydra left and a hero with no mana.

My brother didn't feel like a winner. :D
Anyone wanna advice us on how to siege?
Do we really have to take War Machine skill this time around?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Yes, I do 1060 dmg with my Lightning bolt but I have 1 K

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Jun 2006, 21:21

RK wrote: Do we really have to take War Machine skill this time around?
Either that or use Flyers and Shooters. And if ur inside the castle take out their Shooters and Flyers. Killed many a AI's that way.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 09 Jun 2006, 21:31

For knowledge, get Secrets of Destruction (+2) and the altar in your town (+1) will provide your hero with at least 40 total mana.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 09 Jun 2006, 21:42

Learning with Intelligence is also an option. Only problem is that those bonus skill points appear to have the same distribution as the normal ones gained at level ups.
Last edited by Gaidal Cain on 09 Jun 2006, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Jun 2006, 21:51

:rofl: :rofl:

Sieges are ridiculous now,IMO.In HIII you could always count on at least one gap being opened in the wall by round 6,and in HIV you could always smash trough the door.Now,when theres a moat,you can count on sitting outside the walls and getting pummeled until you die.The gate attack should be added to creatures,or the walls should be weakend.

juventas
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby juventas » 09 Jun 2006, 22:55

Indeed, what is with that moat? It's ridiculously overpowered. Sometimes, you get stuck in the moat until your unit dies, and you are powerless to stop it, unless you have teleport.

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 09 Jun 2006, 22:59

RK wrote: At the same moment, Equador and Poland are having their World cup match and they fail to interest me in one bit.
:disagree:

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 10 Jun 2006, 16:45

juventas wrote:Indeed, what is with that moat? It's ridiculously overpowered. Sometimes, you get stuck in the moat until your unit dies, and you are powerless to stop it, unless you have teleport.
This only happens with the Sylvan moat.
~ Rapier.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Jun 2006, 16:48

Rapier wrote: This only happens with the Sylvan moat.
Actualy no, everytime you move you get damaged and stop, so under the right circumstances a creature can get stuck in it.

And Teleport doesn't help against Binding, or at least I don't remember ever seing it help.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 10 Jun 2006, 18:03

I'm going to tune in here to agree with those saying that the moat is too powerful. I must agree. Also, why doesn't my catapult shoot where I tell it to aim. Usually it goes one shot to the gate, one shot where I aim, but this morning it went all over the place, anywhere but where I told it to.

But, there's another reason to play inferno. Gate your troops inside the walls and voila you win.

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 10 Jun 2006, 18:06

ThunderTitan wrote: And Teleport doesn't help against Binding, or at least I don't remember ever seing it help.
Worked in demo, haven't yet tried in full game. That is, Treant's Binding, not of sylvan moat.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 10 Jun 2006, 18:51

RK wrote: but my brother had about 30+ upg hydra, 10 shadow witch, and 28 riders leftover from a couple of whirlpool trips and naval battle with my cousin's main hero n army.
There is a way to prevent casualties because of whirpools. Just split your weakest unit stack into one strong and one really weak stack. The weaker one will be destroyed by the whirlpool...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Jun 2006, 19:20

dragonn wrote:There is a way to prevent casualties because of whirpools. Just split your weakest unit stack into one strong and one really weak stack. The weaker one will be destroyed by the whirlpool...
Such an exploit should really be taken care of.The "kills half" really doesnt make much sense.3DO realised this when they removed that ability from the genies,although they still kept it on whirpools for some reason.

juventas
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby juventas » 10 Jun 2006, 19:59

Nebs wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote: And Teleport doesn't help against Binding, or at least I don't remember ever seing it help.
Worked in demo, haven't yet tried in full game. That is, Treant's Binding, not of sylvan moat.
It works in the moat.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Jun 2006, 20:22

juventas wrote: Worked in demo, haven't yet tried in full game. That is, Treant's Binding, not of sylvan moat.
It works in the moat.[/quote]

So last time I played against Devils they just stood near the Treants instead of attacking the Hunters because the AI?! Oh well.... stupid is what stupid does.

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 10 Jun 2006, 20:59

Devil's teleport is not the same as skill or spell, so ofcourse they are still binded.

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 10 Jun 2006, 21:41

DaemianLucifer wrote::rofl: :rofl:

Sieges are ridiculous now,IMO.In HIII you could always count on at least one gap being opened in the wall by round 6,and in HIV you could always smash trough the door.Now,when theres a moat,you can count on sitting outside the walls and getting pummeled until you die.The gate attack should be added to creatures,or the walls should be weakend.
Expert Earthquake with Master of Quakes [or whatever] works pretty well though.

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 10 Jun 2006, 21:42

Dungeon Mage Guilds get Summoning Spells so you can get Earthquake either by learning Summoning Magic or Magic Insight.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 Jun 2006, 07:15

Alamar wrote:Expert Earthquake with Master of Quakes [or whatever] works pretty well though.
So three heroes,out of six,have a small chance of having normal sieges,If they choose to invest a skill slot and 7(4 in the case of warlock) skill points.Unbalanced?Nah,I must be imaginating.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”