Òàê ñëó÷èëîñü... bug (not a spambot!)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Rapier
Scout
Scout

Òàê ñëó÷èëîñü... bug (not a spambot!)

Unread postby Rapier » 09 Jun 2006, 13:29

I saw a spambot using these characters and it reminded me of a bug in my Heroes 5 that I keep forgetting to mention. I have the European Collectors Edition.

I have an AMD 64 bit processor 4000+, 2.41 GHz, 2 GB of Ram. Dual Geforce 7800 GT's (properly linked of course). I can run the game on any graphics at any resolution without any problem.

However at any resolution and any level of graphics on every load screen, when the load is complete I get an overlay of flickering. It includes viewing a character set which includes Òàê ñëó÷èëîñü and other similar symbols (taking up the left hand side of the screen). It makes it impossible to read level descriptions and makes it take longer to pick campaign level bonuses than it does to load the campaign levels. This is the only graphical glitch I get and I had it on the demo as well (where I didn't complain assuming it was just a bug in the demo :p)

I’m prepared to except it’s something about my system (as I can’t alt tab from some other games which other people can and it may be related) I can alt tab from heroes though, which is fully function in every other way.

Anyone else have this problem? Or know of a solution?
~ Rapier.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 09 Jun 2006, 13:38

I expierienced the same problem, but only in the game main menu. Every word was looking like Òàê ñëó÷èëîñü. When I've put the cursor on them they were returning to normal...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Extrakun
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Extrakun » 09 Jun 2006, 16:01

Seems to be a problem with the langauge...usually those characters turn out this way due to bad encoding...for example, go to a Chinese/Russian site, and choose another encoding, and you will see those garbage characters

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Jun 2006, 18:59

Extrakun wrote:Seems to be a problem with the langauge...usually those characters turn out this way due to bad encoding...for example, go to a Chinese/Russian site, and choose another encoding, and you will see those garbage characters
Actually if you go to chinese site youll get squares,and on russian sites these characters :devil:

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 09 Jun 2006, 19:08

Did this problem start on 6/6/06? If so, I'd suggest consulting an exorcist.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Jun 2006, 19:24

vicheron wrote:Did this problem start on 6/6/06? If so, I'd suggest consulting an exorcist.
I asure you,I had nothing to do with this.Such a petty annoyance isnt my style :devious:

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 09 Jun 2006, 22:04

No, you obviously has worse things that you can do. Like omitting the space after full stops and commas :devious:
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Jun 2006, 22:13

Gaidal Cain wrote:No, you obviously has worse things that you can do. Like omitting the space after full stops and commas :devious:
Exactly :devil:

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 09 Jun 2006, 22:22

Et tu, GC... ;)

If you don't have anything to contribute to Rapier's problem, don't post here.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

demented_dognz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby demented_dognz » 10 Jun 2006, 08:27

After playing a while I experienced these sort of characters when right clicking on buttons around end turn button. Also after playing a while (not initialy) it shows these characters where it says Version 1.1
anyone else experiencing similar?

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 10 Jun 2006, 16:34

I get these characters taking up places of the load screen that aren't meant to have any words :P I'll try and get a screenshot later.

Okay, as you can see, the curse of the netherworld icon has been moved to a silly position, addiitonal characerters are present. I believe it has something to do with the loading screen resolution, as it keeps flickering these effects (there's a screen flicker constantly).

Interestingly enough, if I press print screen they stop, and my first few attempts ended up being of normal load screens. This only occurs when loading is complete, the load screen while the bar is moving is fine.
~ Rapier.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 10 Jun 2006, 18:45

Whoa! Didn't have that kind of problems...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Jun 2006, 19:18

Ugh,thats some nasty bug.Ubi should really take care of this soon.

demented_dognz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby demented_dognz » 11 Jun 2006, 05:51

It seems to differ to differing degrees in different machines. Surely they will fix this. Was this a result of the patch or not?

cornellian
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby cornellian » 11 Jun 2006, 06:35

Stupid as it is rapier, sometimes the graphical settings out of the game causes these artifacts to occur.. You use 7800 gts, so I would check with desktop forceware nvidia drivers, and their settings. First check of possible contradictions with the heroes' settings and then lower/disable the higher graphical options.. Hope this helps.

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 11 Jun 2006, 06:49

Rapier wrote:Image
SATAN BEGONE!!!!

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 11 Jun 2006, 16:28

demented_dognz wrote:It seems to differ to differing degrees in different machines. Surely they will fix this. Was this a result of the patch or not?
I had it before the patch, and cornellian I'll look into those things, thanks.
~ Rapier.

pasto-sor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby pasto-sor » 11 Jun 2006, 16:53

someone i know had the same problem, seems to be bacause of the video card.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”