Skills offered when u lv

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
tarasken
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skills offered when u lv

Unread postby tarasken » 09 Jun 2006, 06:52

Hello.
first of I have to say that my spelling and grammar is not the best, But I'll try to keep it as good as i can.

Im trying to detect a pattern of skills offered when you lv up and was hoping you culd help me.

Im using Jhora the wizzard and playing on raise to power at normal.
I will edit the post as I lv up with the choises I get and what I pick.

If som of you can do the same so we might find a pattern in what skills and abilities that will show up on next lv. I will go for the ultimate skill for the sake of testing. If this has been done or started before plz point me to it as i culd not find it. No point in having 2 treads with it.

I start with Basic Artificer, Basic Sorcer and Arcane Training.

lv2
Offered: basic light magic, advansed artificer, mark of the wizzard, magic mirror
picked: mark of the wizzard

lv3
offerded: basic logistic, advanced artific
picked: advansed artificer

lv4
offered: expert artificer, basic enlightment, consume artifact and magic mirror.
Picked: basic enlightment

lv5
offered: basic destruktive magic, expert artificer, scholar, magic mirror
picked scholar

lv6
Offered: basic dark magic, expert artificer, consume artifact and magic mirror.
picked: magic mirror

lv7
offered: basic summoning, advansed enlightment
picked: basic summoning

lv8
offered: basic destruktive magic, expert artificer, master of conjuration and master of earthblood
picked: master of conjuration

lv9
offered: basic war machines, advansed sorcery
picked: advansed sorcery

Skullmane
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Skullmane » 09 Jun 2006, 10:58

I dont think there's a pattern, though there could be. Of course at the first levels you almost always get offered your racial and unique abilities, though sometimes you get them way late (Agrael got consume corpse on lvl 20 :/). And if you want to speed it up, i suggest using the cheats to level up your hero, but of course if you want to play at the same time then ok ;)

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 09 Jun 2006, 11:15

You're always offered one of your existing skills. Other than that, it's random but the chances of getting certain skills depends on the hero's class. For example, Knights will be offered Leadership a lot but they're rarely offered Destructive Magic, Warlocks are often offered Destructive Magic but will almost never be offered Leadership.

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 09 Jun 2006, 13:38

You get offered 1 primary skill you already have, 1 new primary skill, and 2 secondary skills.

You get a new secondary skill once for each level of the primary skill you have (so you can't get 3 secondary defensive skills, until you have Expert Defence). This is also true for the racial abilities (which are linked to the level of you racial skill).

Level up's are cached at the start of a map, make a save at the start of your game, and pick the level up's you get noting which they are. Reload that save after say, 10 levels, and then make the same choices a second time and your level 10 hero will have the exact same skills. You can of course reload and take a different route if you want to avoid being offered something useless down the line.

What the cached effect has though is to remove the ability to reload before a level up and keep redoing it till you get what you want, whether you like this change or not probably depends entirely on whether you did that before. However, heroes 5's ultimate skills make it the game most people would ~want~ to reload for a different skill, and it's the only one that can't be... ;|
~ Rapier.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”