Tree of Knowledge... how common is it?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Tree of Knowledge... how common is it?

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 08 Jun 2006, 16:14

You know, I've completed every campaign through Warlock (the first four campaigns)... and I don't know if it's because I forgot about them, or just couldn't see them (they look so much like regular trees).

My question is this... just how many Trees of Knowledge (the level-up tree) are there in the campaigns? Is there at least one on every map of each campaign, or are there only 1 or 2 in the first four campaigns, because I think I only remember seeing Knowledge Trees in like two of the Necro maps (just south of Lorekeep). I haven't noticed them in any other maps... is this because they look too much like other trees and I'm missing them, or is it because they just aren't there?

Anybody seen them more often? I guess I was missing a lot of easy level-ups... but I don't know... I wish the trees were easier to spot!

kebabylon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kebabylon » 08 Jun 2006, 16:21

There's one in The Ship too, but I agree they're really hard to spot.

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 08 Jun 2006, 16:29

I hardly see them myself too...

Maybe the next patch could add some err... fairy lights or ANYthing that would make them more visible...

...when Nival/Ubi already changed the shadowitch models (although i can't see any difference 'til now) with the latest patch, some tweaking on that tree shouldn't be too laborious!
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 08 Jun 2006, 16:33

They need to be more frequent and easier to discern.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Minmaster
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Minmaster » 08 Jun 2006, 17:29

ive seen upto 2-3 in each full campaign but yea they are hard to spot. if you zoom in and drop camera down you can see it has a detailed face and features but from the default or top down angle, its nearly impossible to tell it apart.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jun 2006, 17:49

I have visited two trees in the inferno campaign.One in mission 3 and one in mission 4.Both are very concealed and it took me some good 10 minutes to find it on map 4,even though I knew where to look :disagree:

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 08 Jun 2006, 18:30

Well I definately didn't see ANY until the Necro campaign... so I missed out on some easy upgrades!

Someone should post a FAQ where to find these things... they are just too hard to find!

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 08 Jun 2006, 20:58

Trees of Knowledge???? I haven't see a single one yet, and I'm on the last campaign. I thought Nival completely left them out of the game, you know, like the Map Editor & Cheat Codes & Creature/Faction Stat Cards & Best Scores.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jun 2006, 21:09

Its called sylvanas ancients now,and it looks like other trees,so its very hard to spot.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 08 Jun 2006, 21:12

DaemianLucifer wrote:and it looks like other trees...
When viewed from above. They're rather easy to distingusih when eeing them from the side, but that kind of kills the framrate.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 08 Jun 2006, 21:25

There is one Tree of Knowledge in the final scenario of the Necromancer campaign (close SouthEast from Lorekeep) but that's pretty much it. I don't remember one in The Ship though.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 08 Jun 2006, 22:05

There's at least TWO scenarios with the Tree of Knowledge south of Lorekeep in the Necromancer campaign. DL said there were more in the Inferno campaign.

As for how to spot them... as everyone says, they're nearly impossible to spot from above... oddly the only camera angle that is really playable.

Some say they are easy to spot from a more eye-level view... oddly enough, the one view you DON'T want to be using to play the game (tanking frame-rates).

Something should really be done about this... they need to be spottable from the PLAYABLE angle (overhead). I kind-of randomly stumbled on the tree south of Lorekeep in one scenario, and when the next scenario was on an almost identical map, I made sure to look for it there (and I found it again).

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 08 Jun 2006, 22:33

There's at least TWO scenarios with the Tree of Knowledge south of Lorekeep in the Necromancer campaign.
It's there in all three Necro maps that take place around Lorekeep. And you revisit Lorkeep later, but then I was already maxed out so I didn't bother to look for it.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 09 Jun 2006, 00:26

the one in the inferno campaign map 3 is roughly in the middle of the map, it is north of the most southern sylvan town, in a narrow pass, just to the west of the keymaster tent - i think it is the orange keymaster

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 09 Jun 2006, 00:29

They're very hard to spot but they do have a bit of a green aura.

Cunning Death
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Cunning Death » 13 Jun 2006, 02:08

I didn't know that these ancient trees made the transfer from old Heroes...

just checked my camp2/scen3 save, and I spotted it! it wasn't that hard, cos it's in a dead end guarded by some creatures... they aren't there for nothing...

I'm gonna have to watch out from now on.... :mad:

ed.:
that actually isn't a dead end, just a passage, but the treants are still at the tree
Last edited by Cunning Death on 14 Jun 2006, 07:52, edited 1 time in total.
warning! there might be documented features in Heroes V
Water Polo European Championships Hajrá magyarok!

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 13 Jun 2006, 02:17

I very nearly overlooked the one in the final map of the Sylvan campaign. It's a couple of days walk underneath the rightmost necro town on the SW island if that makes any sense.

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 13 Jun 2006, 03:30

I'd rather they increased the level caps myself... it's already practically impossible to not hit the level cap on most levels, indeed in most cases you hit it with 70% of the level still to go... like Dungeon 2.... yeash.
~ Rapier.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”