What should an expainsion inclued???

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 09 Jun 2006, 22:30

DaemianLucifer wrote:And how about cyclops -> biclops? :D
would Bicyclops be some kind of one-eyed giant on a bike? =D
Last edited by Gus on 10 Jun 2006, 11:45, edited 1 time in total.

demented_dognz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby demented_dognz » 10 Jun 2006, 04:08

Bugs should NOT be fixed in the expansion as the game should be working properly (no problems) eventually. An expansion should be exactly that, an expansion of the game NOT a fix. Therefore the standard campaigns, extra stuff, extra factions and of course the Random Map Generator which is essential would be sufficient.

The Dude
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby The Dude » 10 Jun 2006, 12:52

Well, the thing I'm missing most is something like the 'kingdom overview' which shows you how many mines of different kinds you have, your total income per day and stuff like that. Hereos 1-3 had that feature (don't know about 4 never played it) and I'm missing it in part 5.
Or is there a feature like that and I just don't know about it?

(Oh and I just want to say that I didn't read the WHOLE thread so perhaps someone already had that wish and posted it... If so: SECONDED!)
I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in.

DuRieL
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby DuRieL » 10 Jun 2006, 13:01

Gus wrote:
It'd have two eyes. :D

Personally, I'd rather see Fortress instead of Dwarfville. At least I'd know what to expect.

yourworstnightmare
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yourworstnightmare » 10 Jun 2006, 18:39

In the expansion there should be:
1.All bugs fixed
2.Many new maps
3.New Campaigns
4.A Hell of a lot more neutral creatures
5. New towns, including Stronghold
6.Better looking treants
+ much more, but NO more elves nor dragons!!

Skull
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Skull » 10 Jun 2006, 20:26

We can be sure they will include new towns and neutral units, but to make the game really last for a long time they require something much different to keep it alive.

And that is not units, because after you try all towns and all units then you feel like to been through it all.

What we need is simple: We need spell combo's, artifact combos and things that takes time INGAME to accomplish because they are spread over different factions or locations.

As the skills system works now, HOOMV is worth playing multiple times with the same race because you have to try all the racial skills. So basically including a racial spell combo or racial artifact system or for that matter just an artifact and spell combo system (NOTE -racial) then I belive they can grab a good amount of hours out of the game from us and we will all feel like there is always something to explore or try out.

And it wouldn hurt to add more special events in the map to keep it interesting. I think this will definitly improve the gameplay beside the fact that they put in new units and a new race.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 10 Jun 2006, 23:07

If I recall there are no adventure map creature dwellings from level 4 to 7 in-game. There are Garrisons instead of them...such lazyness.

That's what I would like to have, but it's missing...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

dixing
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dixing » 10 Jun 2006, 23:32

swamp that will bring back good old dragonfly/gorgon/basilisk... gnoll/lizardmen/wyvern are optional and can be replaced... maybe put the ooze from might and magic 8 :D
stronghold of course...ALL OF THE CREATURES FROM HEROES 3's stronghold should be in heroes 5's stronghold, absolutely great town and it should be the same.
about maps of course more maps its obvious.
more neutral creatures also obvious...
in general I wanna see the old creatures from factions that didnt make it into heroes 5 back, those should be - medusa,evil eye, manticore.
DEATH KNIGHT MUST IMMEDIATELY BE PLACED BACK INSTEAD OF WIGHT... its a god damn disgrace.
conflux town is optional...

artifact combinations are important, I think adding artifact slots for a hero will be a good idea, cause right now he doesnt have the extra 5 slots like the hero in h3 had, that were used for gold sacks, for spells, for tomes etc...
more spells... particulary adventure spells, only 4 adventure map spells is a crime :)
thats it for now.

OliverFA
Scout
Scout

Unread postby OliverFA » 11 Jun 2006, 18:19

I agree that the expansion needs to have some new material (one or two new towns) but I would gladly sacrifice some (not all) of this new material in exchange for interface and playability improvements... and a better AI!

They should also include a few very good mods if they improve the game, such as Civilization IV replaced the original scored screen by a fan made mod in one of the patches.

Jimmpi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Jimmpi » 11 Jun 2006, 19:07

dragonn wrote:If I recall there are no adventure map creature dwellings from level 4 to 7 in-game.....
WHAT?!?!
Thats sucks big time!! Thats just one of many things I wounder why ubi left out! :mad:

Genesis
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Genesis » 11 Jun 2006, 19:23

DuRieL wrote:
Gus wrote:
It'd have two eyes. :D
Actually, Cyclops have two eyes anyway - Homer only referred to Polephemus having one eye (which was in its normal place, not the centre of his forehead).

I should shut up now. :devious:

I guess I just want one of the old towns back. Gnolls would be a nice addition too.

Jimmpi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Jimmpi » 18 Jun 2006, 17:04

The Dude wrote:Well, the thing I'm missing most is something like the 'kingdom overview' which shows you how many mines of different kinds you have, your total income per day and stuff like that. Hereos 1-3 had that feature (don't know about 4 never played it) and I'm missing it in part 5.
Or is there a feature like that and I just don't know about it?

(Oh and I just want to say that I didn't read the WHOLE thread so perhaps someone already had that wish and posted it... If so: SECONDED!)
I agree.. A kingdom overview should also be in the game, is always usefull

Cunning Death
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Cunning Death » 18 Jun 2006, 18:18

kingdom overview seems to be popular...
and I'm joining the crowd as well

imho, this doesn't require a whole expansion pack, maybe a hardcore modder could whomp up a neat mod

did anyone mention random map generator? maybe this needs an expansion pack ;|
warning! there might be documented features in Heroes V
Water Polo European Championships Hajrá magyarok!

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 18 Jun 2006, 19:06

How about adding some of the H-IV improvements, such as CARAVANS and the resource mills sending the resources automatically. For those who enjoy running around doing those tedious tasks, I apologize but I find them BORING and irritating. :mad: Besides if you like doing that then don’t use them but give the rest of us a break.

How about creature growth at the dwellings? Don’t you think a dwelling that has been ignored for a month after flagging it ought to have more creatures available than one that was visited last week? 8|

Perhaps I missed it but shouldn’t the eyes of the magi have different colors or something for the different huts. :|

How about being able to see where your hero is on the puzzle map, I mean I dug at four different locations before I hit the Tears artifact, that's just annoying, and perhaps saying how many oracles you’ve visited out of the total. :|

None of these things are particularly difficult and will add a polish which can elevate this game to a higher level. :D
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Jimmpi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Jimmpi » 18 Jun 2006, 19:43

jeff wrote:How about adding some of the H-IV improvements, such as CARAVANS and the resource mills sending the resources automatically. For those who enjoy running around doing those tedious tasks, I apologize but I find them BORING and irritating. :mad: Besides if you like doing that then don’t use them but give the rest of us a break.

How about creature growth at the dwellings? Don’t you think a dwelling that has been ignored for a month after flagging it ought to have more creatures available than one that was visited last week? 8|

Perhaps I missed it but shouldn’t the eyes of the magi have different colors or something for the different huts. :|

How about being able to see where your hero is on the puzzle map, I mean I dug at four different locations before I hit the Tears artifact, that's just annoying, and perhaps saying how many oracles you’ve visited out of the total. :|

None of these things are particularly difficult and will add a polish which can elevate this game to a higher level. :D
Agree with you "jeff"..thoes things should be in and isn't that hard to put in

Cunning Death
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Cunning Death » 18 Jun 2006, 20:23

jeff wrote:How about adding some of the H-IV improvements, such as CARAVANS and the resource mills sending the resources automatically. For those who enjoy running around doing those tedious tasks, I apologize but I find them BORING and irritating. :mad: Besides if you like doing that then don’t use them but give the rest of us a break.
boring, eh? would you consider an h4 feature useful? this is insane... as seemingly nival/ubi thinks... :( shouldn't have ignored everything what's H4, as many of us stated many times before
jeff wrote:How about creature growth at the dwellings? Don’t you think a dwelling that has been ignored for a month after flagging it ought to have more creatures available than one that was visited last week? 8|
yeah it's disappointing and also boring poking around your heroes
At least you could set up hero patrols, and those could drop in such places
(w/o fog of war there's no other point of preset hero patrols)
jeff wrote:Perhaps I missed it but shouldn’t the eyes of the magi have different colors or something for the different huts. :|
Yeah maybe... a symbol might be satisfying ;|
jeff wrote:How about being able to see where your hero is on the puzzle map, I mean I dug at four different locations before I hit the Tears artifact, that's just annoying, and perhaps saying how many oracles you’ve visited out of the total. :|
You can see the dots of your hero's path on the puzzle map, that's even better than just the hero
jeff wrote:None of these things are particularly difficult and will add a polish which can elevate this game to a higher level. :D
modders already done lot of work here
imho many requested features could be shipped in a simple patch as well, an expansion is for big hits
warning! there might be documented features in Heroes V
Water Polo European Championships Hajrá magyarok!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 18 Jun 2006, 21:20

Cunning Death wrote: You can see the dots of your hero's path on the puzzle map, that's even better than just the hero
In HIV you could see both.

And Im not sure modders can add any of those stuff,since they should be very deep in the code.

Starting the petition:Bring back kingdom overview!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Jun 2006, 21:36

DaemianLucifer wrote: Starting the petition:Bring back kingdom overview!
/signed.

Saving Heroes, part II. :devil:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ClownRoyal
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ClownRoyal » 18 Jun 2006, 21:40

An option for a windowed mode would be nice.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 18 Jun 2006, 22:21

Cunning Death wrote: You can see the dots of your hero's path on the puzzle map, that's even better than just the hero
Not really, I was so close to the spot there were no dots on the puzzle map and since the hero was not visible, when it said somewhere to the North I would go 1 square North, then it said somewhere to the Southwest and so on. Through this whole affair I could see no dots or Hero, so etch time it was almost a blind guess. :(

Now I am sure someone somewhere has mentioned this, but it's worth repeating, how about a save option as you are quitting instead of saving and then quitting. ;|
Last edited by Anonymous on 19 Jun 2006, 00:42, edited 1 time in total.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”