What should an expainsion inclued???

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 08 Jun 2006, 18:36

DaemianLucifer wrote: - Dwarven town.
This one's pretty sure. Even aluded in the new article by FC. But 1 town ain't enough...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

cornellian
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby cornellian » 08 Jun 2006, 18:48

Any good TBS expansion should include 1)Random Map Generator 2)A worthy AI to ensure longevity or risk being the last expansion ever..

Aside from those two 'absolute musts', we, of course, need fixed bugs, more maps made with mp in mind and extra factions like the very missed Barbarians and Dwarves.

On the rather pointless Cyclops King/Chieftain issue, think about Dwarves.. There may be hundreds of thousands of Dwarves, dozens of thousands of Dwarf Warriors, thousands of Dwarf Veterans, hundreds of Warlords, but only a handful of Kings, unless the whole galaxy is swarming with Dwarves of course... So I would say something like Elder Cyclops would look better...

Jimmpi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Jimmpi » 08 Jun 2006, 19:04

Hmm, is it just me or does we all want more o less the same thing's???

And thundertitan: ABout the dwarves where did you read that this was pretty sure? But then I agree with you. 1 is not enough..I loved that there where soo many towns in Heroes III..

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 08 Jun 2006, 19:07

cornellian wrote:On the rather pointless Cyclops King/Chieftain issue, think about Dwarves.. There may be hundreds of thousands of Dwarves, dozens of thousands of Dwarf Warriors, thousands of Dwarf Veterans, hundreds of Warlords, but only a handful of Kings, unless the whole galaxy is swarming with Dwarves of course... So I would say something like Elder Cyclops would look better...
So, you want the toughest Dwarven unit around to be called "Elder Cyclops". Interesting ;)
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 08 Jun 2006, 19:20

Jimmpi wrote: And thundertitan: ABout the dwarves where did you read that this was pretty sure?
They're mentions in the Heaven campaign, and FC says in the interview (check the main site) that the world map gives clues about the races that are considered for expansion.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jun 2006, 19:20

Kings,quens,princes,etc shouldnt be in the game.Imagine an army of 100 kings? :| Chieftains are already streching the limmit.Lords can pass though.

Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby 1979 » 08 Jun 2006, 19:23

I hope we get an expansion that is actually worth the money. I'm tired of companies releasing a small amount of crap and then charging $30+ for it. That said, I want to see a Stronghold, snow terrain, and LOTS more maps, along with a lot of other stuff (spells, artifacts, neutral creatures, whatever).

Jimmpi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Jimmpi » 08 Jun 2006, 19:40

Hmm, just a thought..how far after the game was released did the expansion came out fore heroes III and IV?

DuRieL
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby DuRieL » 08 Jun 2006, 19:45

Heroes III got AB after ≈7 months.
Heroes IV got TGS after ≈6 months.

Basically, I can see a "half-a-year" pattern.

Jimmpi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Jimmpi » 08 Jun 2006, 19:55

Ok, just what i was looking for..:=) so basic we can hopefully se an expansion around christmas...

DuRieL
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby DuRieL » 08 Jun 2006, 20:15

ThunderTitan wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote: Its the type,not a title.
Exactly. Why can't a Cyclops/Minotaur/Naga have different types?
I think it is safe to surmise that when a Cyclops is called a Cyclops King, it hints at a status of nobility rather than a racial variation, no?

I assume it all comes down to a certain fact that cyclopes/minotaurs and other such humanoids tend to be considered more human than animal, and thus nobility is the likelier option.

And... back on the topic.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jun 2006, 20:53

Exactly what DuRieL said.And if they were different types,they would have different bodies,not just clothes and weapons.

cornellian
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby cornellian » 08 Jun 2006, 21:20

Gaidal Cain wrote:
So, you want the toughest Dwarven unit around to be called "Elder Cyclops". Interesting ;)
Hehe.. Yes, it would have the element of surprise :D . Imagine a town with tier 1 creatures named Purple Dragons and tier 7 named untrained Goblins.. You wouldn't know which one to attack while orcs fly to your archers and wolves cast meteor shower..

scorch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby scorch » 09 Jun 2006, 01:07

they should make a town like in H3 (the one with the lizardman, baslisk, grangos and all that shit) I really love this town and they kindda rid of it after 1 game......I prefer this on barbarien town/Orc

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Jun 2006, 05:47

DaemianLucifer wrote:Exactly what DuRieL said.And if they were different types,they would have different bodies,not just clothes and weapons.
Right, because a black man has a completly different body compared to you.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Jun 2006, 06:07

ThunderTitan wrote: Right, because a black man has a completly different body compared to you.
Yes he does.He has a different skin colour,different muscle and bone structure,different hair structure,and even different brain strructure.

And besides,calling a black man man,and white man man king is wrong,dont you think?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 09 Jun 2006, 07:54

DaemianLucifer wrote: man king
:rofl:

Best argument against "Something King" ever!
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

TomVenom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TomVenom » 09 Jun 2006, 08:50

Dwarves Powaaaa !
IMHO, Dwarves are required ! I would love to see Subterrannean Wars between Dwarves Factions and Orcs'n'Goblins Factions (like in the Moria ^^). And I agree with 'Dwarf Lord', which can be well traduced in french with 'Seigneur Nain'. The Initial description of the two factions in the first post of the topic sounds good.

About Neutral Creatures, I would really love three kind of Spiders : Giant Spiders, Black Spiders and Shadow Spider. We could find also some Wolves, or Icy Wolves for Nordic Countries. Mummies and Scorpions could be integrated for Desertic Countries.

I never liked Lizard Faction under H3, because , IMO, this faction was quite "b*st*rd" with some "animals" not really attracting (IMO).

Jimmpi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Jimmpi » 09 Jun 2006, 09:01

TomVenom wrote:Dwarves Powaaaa !
The Initial description of the two factions in the first post of the topic sounds good.
Thanks.... :D

About the neutral, the spiders could be interresting.just dont make them to scary..I hate spiders IRL... ;)

TomVenom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TomVenom » 09 Jun 2006, 11:10

Jimmpi wrote:
TomVenom wrote:Dwarves Powaaaa !
The Initial description of the two factions in the first post of the topic sounds good.
Thanks.... :D

About the neutral, the spiders could be interresting.just dont make them to scary..I hate spiders IRL... ;)
you're welcome ;)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”