patch bug already

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ryanmax51
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

patch bug already

Unread postby ryanmax51 » 08 Jun 2006, 14:13

hey guys i have no idea wtfs going on everytime i boot the patch it keeps saying that my homm5 isnt installed now ive uninstalled it and reinstalled it twice and it keeps saying the same bloody thing

Continuity
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Continuity » 08 Jun 2006, 14:20

You've downloaded the wrong version of the patch.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 08 Jun 2006, 14:21

Be nice with people you don't know, Continuity. I edited your post.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

ryanmax51
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ryanmax51 » 08 Jun 2006, 14:24

yes i just realised that before the one i dled is a us version is there an australian version and if so can someone post the link for me plz

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Jun 2006, 14:45

Check out the patches page. I can't see an Australian version, maybe they use the same as the European one?

You can check the registry for which version you have:
Start -> run -> type "regedit" -> go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubisoft\Heroes of Might and Magic V".
There it should say which version you have.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ryanmax51
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ryanmax51 » 08 Jun 2006, 14:54

yeah it says european collector so i guess that means i use the european version then. is there a patch for that one?

sisko
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby sisko » 08 Jun 2006, 15:02

ryanmax51 wrote:yeah it says european collector so i guess that means i use the european version then. is there a patch for that one?
No, they decided only the american fans are worth helping with a patch. We're out of luck.

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 08 Jun 2006, 15:13

sisko wrote:
ryanmax51 wrote:yeah it says european collector so i guess that means i use the european version then. is there a patch for that one?
No, they decided only the american fans are worth helping with a patch. We're out of luck.
Were the one's with all of the coin in the world! Just kidding! I thought they had patches for all of the releases?

sisko
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby sisko » 08 Jun 2006, 15:15

Sir Alock wrote:
sisko wrote:
Were the one's with all of the coin in the world! Just kidding! I thought they had patches for all of the releases?
Oh, allright, i was lying :-) Here you can find the patches:
http://www.celestialheavens.com/viewpage.php?id=546

ryanmax51
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ryanmax51 » 08 Jun 2006, 15:17

ta mate

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 08 Jun 2006, 15:51

sisko wrote:
Well, that's funny, cuz Americans are the ones who got the aptly-named "Limited Edition"... I only wish we could get the Collectors or Complete Editions in the US.

ryanmax51
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ryanmax51 » 08 Jun 2006, 15:54

okay i downloaded the euopean version of the patch and it still does the same thing

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 08 Jun 2006, 15:54

Wolfshanze wrote:
sisko wrote:
Well, that's funny, cuz Americans are the ones who got the aptly-named "Limited Edition"... I only wish we could get the Collectors or Complete Editions in the US.
America get's a patch which chnages the word limited to the word Collectors :-D
~ Rapier.

sisko
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby sisko » 08 Jun 2006, 16:08

ryanmax51 wrote:okay i downloaded the euopean version of the patch and it still does the same thing
You need the european collectors edition

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 08 Jun 2006, 16:10

Rapier wrote: America get's a patch which chnages the word limited to the word Collectors :-D
Actually, I own the "Limited Edition", but when I installed it on my computer, it said "Collectors Edition" right off the first installation!

ryanmax51
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ryanmax51 » 08 Jun 2006, 22:39

well according to mine it says european collectors which means i have the european collectors edition, but my box says deluxe edition and also says made in europe.

Start -> run -> type "regedit" -> go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubisoft\Heroes of Might and Magic V".
i followed this and it said european collectors.

Continuity
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Continuity » 08 Jun 2006, 22:49

Angelspit wrote:Be nice with people you don't know, Continuity. I edited your post.
Sorry. It just annoys me how people start blaming the game or the developers and calling stuff "bugs" when they're not.

Ryan, I apologize.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 09 Jun 2006, 00:28

ryan .... you would be in australia then??

i also have the deluxe edition, will have to check the patching options tonight .... if you find the one that works, let me know pls

cheers

Trubador
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Trubador » 09 Jun 2006, 01:26

I (and others) have the basic American version. And I (and others) can't get that patch to work either. We have the right version. Go to the Ubi boards and see how many with the correct patch are having simular problems.

ryanmax51
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ryanmax51 » 09 Jun 2006, 01:59

yeah im from melbourne australia

and continuity i seriously didnt see what you wrote and dont really care if it was pointed towards me as an insult i dont take slander online seriously because its online, and i just assumed it was a bug because it keepsd saying my homm5 wasnt installed.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”