Dynamic battles?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jun 2006, 17:40

Skullmane wrote: Maybe it was bug that you didn't get the dynamic battle again DL, instead of getting it :D
Either way its a bug.And if it is supposed to be dynamic,than why isnt there a warning before the battle?Its unfair.

Skullmane
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Skullmane » 09 Jun 2006, 11:52

Well maybe they want you to be observant... with the unexpected dynamic battles, hardly noticable trees of knowledge etc. I noticed that its a dynamic battle instantly, maybe becuase i have an odd habbit to look around unecaceraly, so i noticed my troop had a timer on his picture :)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Jun 2006, 12:22

Skullmane wrote:Well maybe they want you to be observant... with the unexpected dynamic battles, hardly noticable trees of knowledge etc
Instead of using your brains like in other TBS,this time you have to use your eyes! :disagree:

HenL
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HenL » 09 Jun 2006, 13:18

It's fine, but yes, they should warn you.

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 09 Jun 2006, 13:32

Maybe I just click fast anyway and didn't notice @_@ In any case the bug I mentioned in my last post with the spacebar happens not just in campains or obviously scripted fights, but against random neutrals.

Even if it's meant to be on that I can turn it off and on like that is a bug :P maybe I'll learn to use 'D' instead ;|

Although the bug is so rare across all the fights I've had, I don't think it's much of an issue.
~ Rapier.

cornellian
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby cornellian » 09 Jun 2006, 14:52

Haven't you guys ever played chess on a tournament setup or at least with time restrictions? The rule is you don't think on your turn, you think on your opponent's turn..
I like dynamic battles, and sometimes I even activate the option myself. Not that it ever lagged in my games, but even if it had, three seconds to aim is not that bad imho (assuming you did think what to do in the AI/opponent's turn)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Jun 2006, 18:50

cornellian wrote:Haven't you guys ever played chess on a tournament setup or at least with time restrictions? The rule is you don't think on your turn, you think on your opponent's turn..
Sure,but you know that there is a time limit so you are prepared for it.But what if you played shess without time limmit,and suddenly,without a warning,they brought the stopwatch?Very unpleasant.

sisko
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby sisko » 09 Jun 2006, 19:20

I really hop it's a bug, cause this dynamic battle thing was supposed to be OPTIONAL!!!. And i for one hate it. I don't appriciate it one bit that i'm forced to use it after all.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”