Sylvan campaign -last mission

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
booja
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Sylvan campaign -last mission

Unread postby booja » 08 Jun 2006, 01:05

How do i get the dawn to kill Nicolai?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 08 Jun 2006, 10:29

You have to either kill all the Spectral Dragons, or fulfill the quest to have Phoenixes in your army. After that, you need to find Nicolai and defeat him in battle.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 08 Jun 2006, 11:23

I recommend killing the dragons. +4 on all stats, and immunity to some nasty spells beats having 4-5 phoenixes.

Odolwa
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Odolwa » 20 Jun 2006, 21:04

I have quite a problem with defeating Nicolai.
Suffice to say, he got far too many units.

What do you suggest I do?
Keep trying, or loading an old save-game and try to be quicker this time so he can't get too powerful?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 20 Jun 2006, 21:55

The troops he gets is somehow scripted. I've no idea whether he get's a one-shot bonus and it's thus best to take your time and build up your army so that's it's comparably more powerful or he gets them all the time so rushing him would be best. I didn't rush and didn't have too mudch trouble (except with his damned stack of ghosts...)

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 20 Jun 2006, 22:59

Though I'm pretty darn sure that if you beat him without Phoenixes/Dawn, he gets a proportionate increase in troops.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Odolwa
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Odolwa » 21 Jun 2006, 00:12

He got like 16k Skeleton Archers, 1k Zombies and a very lot of the other creatures aswell.
He also keeps using Phantom Forces on the Skeletons, so at times there are 32k of them on the field at once...

The mighty Nicolai is giving me problems..

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 21 Jun 2006, 01:35

Do you have logistics? Are you vigorously expanding? The most I've ever seen him have is 8k. After Findan's arrow barrage special, 1000 or more of them were dead.

What difficulty are you playing on?
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Odolwa
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Odolwa » 21 Jun 2006, 10:31

Bandobras Took wrote:Do you have logistics? Are you vigorously expanding? The most I've ever seen him have is 8k. After Findan's arrow barrage special, 1000 or more of them were dead.

What difficulty are you playing on?
Yes, I have maxed out my logistics as far as I can.
And I play on Normal, so I'm a bit amazed how it could happen.

Anyway, I think I will start the mission over again and be quicker, I may not have been as vigorously expanding as probably is needed.

Thanks for the advices.

StMichael
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Location: Transilvania (Romania) the land of Vampires ! ^BLA^

Unread postby StMichael » 22 Jun 2006, 11:24

I don't know how to get to the other land to kill Nicolay (vampire). Someone help me pls.

StMichael
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby StMichael » 22 Jun 2006, 11:26

I killed all the dragons, i have the phoenix's and I dont know how to get to the other land to defeat Nicolay. There must be a portal or a underground passage I think.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 22 Jun 2006, 12:15

Nicolay can go through the portals and can be pretty much anywheres (including the underground.) On his turn you should see him running/instant traveling around the map.

GOW

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 22 Jun 2006, 13:48

There's a portal in the NE corner of the underground. It'll take you into the Necromancer lands.ä

Arkali
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Arkali » 22 Jun 2006, 13:54

If you're still having problems, feel free to check out my thread on this mission. It's still on the front page, I think, and lots of people gave me really good tips. I also posted a walk-through after I beat it.

Here's the thread - walkthrough on page 5
Last edited by Arkali on 27 Jun 2006, 19:24, edited 2 times in total.

Mitzah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mitzah » 22 Jun 2006, 14:46

What you have to do is build up your towns pretty quickly to get master hunters and druids. When I got to Nikolai, he had 3k skeleton archers. He was defending in a castle in the SW corner of the underground. I defeated him the 1st time. After I got the phoenixes, he was approaching the same castle he was defending earlier. I twon portalled myself there and he attacked me(!?!) altough I was sure he wouldn't be that stupid...He had like 1.5k skel archers this time...about 80 Spectral dragons(I had about 30 emeralds)...70 spectres(had like 35-40 treants). All I can say is...Phantom forces does wonders. I tried to get summon phoenix but couldn't :( .

Odolwa
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Odolwa » 22 Jun 2006, 16:21

Just finished the mission! :)
Very easy once I tried to be fast. After aquiring the Phoenixes I tracked down Nicolai and his pathetic army (he only had 388 Skeletons!).

And I have studied your thread, Arkali. It really helped me out.
Very ambitious to make a walkthrough aswell, I'm sure it will help a lot of people :)

Arkali
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Arkali » 22 Jun 2006, 18:45

Oh, thanks :-) That makes me feel good that it helped you. That mission was a bit of a bear, especially if you took too long. :lol: Before I finally said to heck with it and restarted, I'd town portaled to get away from Nicolai and waited a week to get more troops. BIG mistake!

Anyway, thank you again, and glad it helped you. I'm working on Academy now - I'm sure you are, too :-)

Odolwa
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Odolwa » 22 Jun 2006, 23:53

Arkali wrote:That mission was a bit of a bear, especially if you took too long.
Couldn't agree more!
At one moment, Nicolai chased me all the way to the western most Sylvan town.
I was quite astonished when I saw that he had 9000 (!) Spectral Dragons in his army (no joke).

That's when I started to consider restarting the mission :-D

StMichael
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby StMichael » 25 Jun 2006, 18:12

Thanks very much, I didn't know that was a portal in the north east of the underground map. ;|

thragar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby thragar » 28 Jun 2006, 13:09

In the quest description, it should really say that you have to keep your phoenixes alive. I would've just not put them on the battlemap. =P Now I have to kill the stupid spectral dragons.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”