Inferno - Mission 4 (The Ship)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
DragonCoach
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Inferno - Mission 4 (The Ship)

Unread postby DragonCoach » 07 Jun 2006, 13:39

Hi all. New to this forum. I'm struggling to build up enough Inferno troops to take the last town and get access to the ship.

I hired a hero to protect the first Sylvan town and gather hunters, but the dang computer hero keeps beating me at Erewen.

My biggest problems is gold - I can't seem to make enough to keep my army stacked. Any help in getting past this scenario is greatly appreciated!

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 07 Jun 2006, 13:52

I went for the Inferno town in the underground first. After building up to Devils, I simply took what I could and went up and conquered everything. The Sylvan player never bothered trying to invade me down there once I started going on the offensive..
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 07 Jun 2006, 13:53

Yeah... proper tactics rely heavily on the underground inferno town.

schaf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby schaf » 07 Jun 2006, 17:15

I did the same, built inferno castle, tho in my case 2 of the green heroes always tried to take my underground castle when Agrael was away from it. Thx to Town Portal spell i caught 1 near my castle, and followed the other one up. Took his castle after i had defeated him. Had no problem with money tho, there is plenty of chests around and gold mines. Take the money, i always reach lvl cap anyway. :)

And try to discover as much map as possible. Once you have all three green castles you can simply take your time and visit every building which raises your permanent attribute/s. There is also a lot of artifacts around, use them.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Jun 2006, 18:35

I captured first the sylvan town in the south,then the inferno on day one week 2.That saved me building some of the dwellings,and I had a batch of fresh demons to replace my decimated sylvan troops.After that,it was piece of cake.

infael
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby infael » 16 Jun 2006, 03:42

I captured Erewel and got a ship. I'm not getting acknowledgement of that. I'm just sailing around aimlessly.

Never got any secondary quests. How do I trigger scenario's end?

TIA
Dell XPS 400, 2 Gb RAM
-Win 7
-all King's Bounty games; M&M 1-9, HOMM 1-6

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 16 Jun 2006, 08:23

The map should have ended when you captured the town. Which way did you take to the shipyard? It's possible you have to go by the shadow dragons in the underground.

Also, you should check out the Signature Rule thread, as your current sig is much longer than allowed.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

infael
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby infael » 16 Jun 2006, 13:19

Thanks Gaidal! I was unaware of the sig rule. I'll fix my sig today.

I'm working my way toward the dragons now.

The shipyard was already built when I captured Erewel.

I should mention that I never conquered orange and now that I think of it, the mission never ended when Agrael died a few times. (Am playing on normal). Guess I should report that as a bug.

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 16 Jun 2006, 13:41

If your hero dies reload, or restart, because any game you play where it bugs like that won't finish. I had the same problem with the first ranger campaign.

As for the ship, I took the inferno town first, and then explored the whole map, using tp whenever green tried to attack my inferno, it meant I had a lot of resources around, and managed to get some good levels off of neutral stacks. Before steemrolling the three elven towns in the south (after which you have as long as you like to work on the last one).

I don't really remember it that well, it wasn't particularly difficult it all relies around the Inferno town though, I wouldn't take anotehr one until you're sure you can kep the inferno one safe with TP (I.e. you need to have time to move from the elven town you took to be close enough to tp to the inferno, before the next elven attack comes).
~ Rapier.

infael
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby infael » 16 Jun 2006, 19:04

Got Agrael to the shadow dragons. I cannot interact with them, even to fight them. The hourglass shows briefly then disappears and nothing happens.

Guess this is a show-stopping bug and I'll haveta tell UBI.
Dell XPS 400, 2 Gb RAM
-Win 7

grumpy_dwarf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby grumpy_dwarf » 16 Jun 2006, 19:19

I captured all of the above ground except for the final Castle first. The main hero never left that castle. I then proceeded to capture the underground and fulfill secondary obejctives. I used mixed army of Elven/Inferno for the final battle.

I absolutely hated this map because of the grahics/camera angles, and set it down for a bit before finishing...

infael
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby infael » 17 Jun 2006, 03:36

Well, I heard back from Ubi. They refuse to help me, saying it's a gameplay tip and to go to gamefaq.com.

I re-explained the bug, step-by-step, pointing out why the campaign not ending after capturing Erewel is a bug and not a gameplay tip. At this point, I don't have any faith in their willingness to help, so I may never finish the campaigns...

I restarted the campaign and went straight to the shadow dragons. Same problem. I cannot interact with the dragons in any way.
Dell XPS 400, 2 Gb RAM
-Win 7

Return to “Heroes V-VI”