What can be modded?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
sisko
Peasant
Peasant

What can be modded?

Unread postby sisko » 07 Jun 2006, 08:37

How much is actually moddable in the game.

Let's say you want to make a completely different theme (ie Startrek). You can make new "creature" models. ( klingon targ, lvl 1 :D ) But can you also make the towns look different and all the other textures.
Would it "theorethically" be possible to change the adventure map to something spacy, and the towns to planets. (it still could be cool if it was a planet based map if not possible) And the number of factions, they can change since the expansion will have one or two. But can we already make one if enough effort is used.

Also i do know such a theme effort is a team effort. So if all this is possible, how can we get like minded people to create something like this.

(i posted this in another topic, but feel it deserves it's own thread)

Xenofex.XVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Xenofex.XVII » 07 Jun 2006, 09:12

Try opening Data.pak with winzip, winrar, or some other archiver.
Most of the files in there can be opened with notepad. Look for yourself, and Good Luck ;)
It is time to stop believing and start understanding. - Rael

sisko
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby sisko » 07 Jun 2006, 09:27

Thanks, but have you tried it. The amount of data in there is so much, and it's hard to figure out what it actually does.
The reason i ask this is becasue i want to know if it is possible at all, not to do it myself. I don't have the time or skills for that. (however, if i knew what 3d program i can use to make creatures, maybe i'll give it a try.)

Xenofex.XVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Xenofex.XVII » 07 Jun 2006, 09:42

Since I cannot create moddels or view them, I can't realy help you. :(
I only tried editing some XML like text in notepad :devious:
It is time to stop believing and start understanding. - Rael

Return to “Heroes V-VI”