Patch Change Discussion

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 07 Jun 2006, 01:36

What soupnazi said...

That's STILL just totally crazy to think that big a change in gameplay would be introduced in a PATCH. It's nonsense to expect such a dramatic change in that format.

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby addicted » 07 Jun 2006, 01:40

soupnazii wrote:"I didn't say monsters wondering around, I said the heroes troops being able to roam without the hero.. "
they are both exactly the same thing.... and of course it would change the game dramatically, i dont understand how you sould say that "I personally feel that one little feature is far from changing the entire game play".... you need to think a bit abou this...
I know you didn't say say 'monsters', This was from Wolfshanze's post.. Yes, you are right, I do need to think about it and have thought about it, that is why I edited my post and added, it wasn't no big deal.. I have other more important things I rather see fix and implemented.. :D
Wolfshanze wrote:What soupnazi said...
That's STILL just totally crazy to think that big a change in gameplay would be introduced in a PATCH. It's nonsense to expect such a dramatic change in that format.
Yes Wolfshanze, Stupid for a 'patch'! Okay! Chill out.. :D
Last edited by addicted on 07 Jun 2006, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 07 Jun 2006, 01:40

Observed change that is not listed: Gating is much faster now! This is good for inferno, the weakest link! ;)
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 07 Jun 2006, 02:03

I have a dial-up connection using a 56k modem. So is this patch worth the time, effort & risk it takes to download & install? It hardly seems like there are any worthwhile "fixes" with this patch. Furthermore, didn't UbiSoft promise more maps with the first patch? As usual, they're still blowing smoke up our äššeš!
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby addicted » 07 Jun 2006, 02:07

soupnazii wrote:
addicted wrote:5. In the fix list, it also states, quote: "The Expansion campaign map multiple fixes added (hero skills, messages, added guards)." Unquote.. What Expansion? :|
name of a campaign map, apparently...
soupnazii wrote:
Also, if you really cant stand going back to your castle every week for new creatures, do one of the following:
1: only come back every few weeks, getting more reinforcements each time ans also getting less casualties overall (the ones who would be out dying are safe in the castle). or the much more popular
2: get a second hero just to go back and forth between your and the castle each week supplying you with creatures.
hope ive been helpful.
Yes, soupnazii, you were helpful.. thanx.. I had already did the latter.. ;)

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 07 Jun 2006, 02:14

addicted wrote:
soupnazii wrote:
addicted wrote:5. In the fix list, it also states, quote: "The Expansion campaign map multiple fixes added (hero skills, messages, added guards)." Unquote.. What Expansion? :|
name of a campaign map, apparently...
soupnazii wrote:
Also, if you really cant stand going back to your castle every week for new creatures, do one of the following:
1: only come back every few weeks, getting more reinforcements each time ans also getting less casualties overall (the ones who would be out dying are safe in the castle). or the much more popular
2: get a second hero just to go back and forth between your and the castle each week supplying you with creatures.
hope ive been helpful.
Yes, soupnazii, you were helpful.. thanx.. I had already did the latter.. ;)
glad to be of service... and i assumed you already did it, but wasnt sure...

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 07 Jun 2006, 02:15

addicted wrote:
soupnazii wrote:"I didn't say monsters wondering around, I said the heroes troops being able to roam without the hero.. "
they are both exactly the same thing.... and of course it would change the game dramatically, i dont understand how you sould say that "I personally feel that one little feature is far from changing the entire game play".... you need to think a bit abou this...
I know you didn't say say 'monsters', This was from Wolfshanze's post.. Yes, you are right, I do need to think about it and have thought about it, that is why I edited my post and added, it wasn't no big deal.. I have other more important things I rather see fix and implemented.. :D
Wolfshanze wrote:What soupnazi said...
Yes Wolfshanze, Stupid for a 'patch'! Okay! Chill out.. :D
not trying to be offensive, just emphasizing how unlikely it is to happen...

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby addicted » 07 Jun 2006, 02:41

soupnazii wrote: not trying to be offensive, just emphasizing how unlikely it is to happen...
No offense taken soupnazii.. :D I understood completely and you have really been helpful... thanx again..

On the patch fix list, it also mentioned in the Known issues section: quote:
1.Game may crash after a continuous gameplay (near 2 hours or more) and while using several times the Alt+Tab function in this time.
2.Switching off 'V-Sync' option in your video driver options may cause twitched animation in Town if you rotate camera manually. unquote:

My thought is, If they know these are know issues, why didn't they fix these with this patch or did they? Or I misreading it? Do you or anyone else know? ;|
Thanx
Edited: Ok, I think I misread this one.. it is telling me not to turn the Switching off 'V-Syn' option.. but what does #1. mean? Is it a game bug or something else?
Last edited by addicted on 07 Jun 2006, 03:22, edited 1 time in total.
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

akrav
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby akrav » 07 Jun 2006, 02:54

DaemianLucifer wrote:
akrav wrote:theres already a mod that fixes the missing descriptions(was released on the 17th).
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 9471003444
This is a fan made mode,and its not official.Not to mention that the patch doesnt support it,so it has to be redone.
I know its not official, was just giving him a link to descriptions so he wouldnt spend time on creating his own.

also since its from the demo/beta, they will probably add identical descriptions whenever they patch it.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 07 Jun 2006, 04:19

theGryphon wrote:Observed change that is not listed: Gating is much faster now! This is good for inferno, the weakest link! ;)
More on this please... DETAILS.

This was not even hinted at in the fix-list... why/how is gating faster? Can you explain further? (You don't happen to accidently have the Hero with fast-gating special?).

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Jun 2006, 04:33

Continuity wrote:Fan-made mods still works fine. I didn't have to change anything at all, I just patched it.
Well,this is very comforting.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 07 Jun 2006, 05:27

Wolfshanze wrote:
theGryphon wrote:Observed change that is not listed: Gating is much faster now! This is good for inferno, the weakest link! ;)
More on this please... DETAILS.

This was not even hinted at in the fix-list... why/how is gating faster? Can you explain further? (You don't happen to accidently have the Hero with fast-gating special?).
I'm playing the Inferno campaign and Agrael did not have the "Swift Gating" thingy when I observed that the gated creatures appear significantly faster then they did before the patch. I cannot tell how much faster though. Still, I may be wrong.

All fan mods are working fine, and yes it's very comforting ;)
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

Goke
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Goke » 07 Jun 2006, 06:06

I tested gating just now and no, gating doesn't seem to be faster... The gated creatures still appear right before the next turn of the gating creature. Swift gating also only increases the recovery time of the gating creature, not the speed of the gated creatures coming in...

I think you guys are just imagining it...

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 07 Jun 2006, 06:18

HodgePodge wrote:I have a dial-up connection using a 56k modem. So is this patch worth the time, effort & risk it takes to download & install? It hardly seems like there are any worthwhile "fixes" with this patch. Furthermore, didn't UbiSoft promise more maps with the first patch? As usual, they're still blowing smoke up our äššeš!
They deserve a month in chickenwire!

If this patch was "small" I wonder how big the next one is, 100mb? I feel bad for those with 56kbps, I also had such a sucky connection and it isnt actually pleasing to wait 6+hours for a patch!

They better make the next one worthwile, really, most on that patch list is nice and all but I excpect wanted features fixes to be in. No more hazelnut stupidities thanks, they should focus on the important issues not weeks that dosent even have any special meaning from before! Nice they have tried to make a patch, but they should try even harder next time. :disagree:

Oh they were at least nice enough to fix some creature icons (which should have been updated loong ago!), including the mage ones, now they have a caramel turban ;)

Francesco
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Francesco » 07 Jun 2006, 08:06

Hi guys.. has anyone of you tried the patched game in multiplayer? Does it fix all the problems, crashes and freezes of the original game? I still wasn't able to finish an MP game.. I was hoping this patch would have fixed most of the problems.. but looking in the patch notes I don't see anything that would improve multiplayer games stability..

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 07 Jun 2006, 08:14

soupnazii wrote:what i really wanna see though is the new shadow witch... anyone able to post a picture? im real interested...
I've been checking out the p0-data.pak file, and there's nothing on the shadow witch in there, where it should be.
theGryphon wrote:"Fixed prerequisites for Urgash's Call, it was impossible to take it." does anyone know about this? What are the new prerequisites?
Didn't see anything about this either. Hmm. Checking out the old data.pak file with it's list of skills, I noted that there isn't any entry for Urgash's Call. That would probably mean that it's indeed impossible to take 8|

As for the whole Demon thing- there are some files in the p0-data.pak files that seems to suggest that they've done something to the demons.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Leon_Shore
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Leon_Shore » 07 Jun 2006, 08:28

theGryphon wrote:
urbanmonk wrote:I was playing Haven on Normal, now it is on Easy, guess I'll hafta look to see if normal still an option.
Yes, that's what happens. Difficulty setting is encoded like 0,1,2,3:Easy,Normal,Hard,Heroic. Before the patch it was 0,1,2:Normal,Hard,Heroic. So 0 was Normal now it's Easy. You got the point now ;)
Is it just me or is Heroic just as 'easy' as it was in 1.0? Resources stayed the same, so it must be AI based. I wish they'd make Heroic the same as 'Champion' or 'Impossible' difficulty. No resources would make it more challenging and fun. I'm currently playing Dragon Pass 1v3 on Heroic, because otherwise, it's a cakewalk.

Continuity
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Continuity » 07 Jun 2006, 10:13

The existing difficulties haven't been changed. They're the same as in 1.0. The Easy mode was added, so there are now 4 difficulties instead of 3, and then some maps were tweaked.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 07 Jun 2006, 10:20

HodgePodge wrote:I have a dial-up connection using a 56k modem. So is this patch worth the time, effort & risk it takes to download & install? It hardly seems like there are any worthwhile "fixes" with this patch. Furthermore, didn't UbiSoft promise more maps with the first patch? As usual, they're still blowing smoke up our äššeš!
They promised there would be more maps in the second patch, and maybe in the first if some of them were ready.

DuRieL
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby DuRieL » 07 Jun 2006, 11:32

Leon_Shore wrote:Is it just me or is Heroic just as 'easy' as it was in 1.0? Resources stayed the same, so it must be AI based. I wish they'd make Heroic the same as 'Champion' or 'Impossible' difficulty. No resources would make it more challenging and fun. I'm currently playing Dragon Pass 1v3 on Heroic, because otherwise, it's a cakewalk.
It's pretty easy to edit the starting resources if you find them too abundant or less-so; a bit in p0-data.pak under "/scripts" controls it:
__defaultResources = { 20, 20, 10, 10, 10, 10, 20000 };
__difficultyResModifiers = { 2.0, 1.5, 1.0, 0.5 };
However, with all those bugs floating around, I've got no clue if that works. 8|

Something that I wanted to see in this patch was that the "Duel Mode" would be available for hotseat-play... or have I missed something? It'd make for great practice etc.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”