Patch Change Discussion

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 06 Jun 2006, 20:35

I found that change interesting... I guess that was the "balancing" they said they would do with the first patch. I was thinking they were going to change some creature stats, but instead they just weakened an enemy elf hero.

Asjo
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Asjo » 06 Jun 2006, 20:36

So the first patch is late and pretty much nothing significant is changed. Have to admit I'm dissapointed :(

Might as well wait with installing a new match untill v. 1.2 comes. I never experiences problems when using the frezy (bezerk?) spell anyway. . .

It's funny to see how some people are going "yay, cannot wait to try it out" only to find that the patch didn't matter unless the needed an 'easy' difficulty to play on.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 06 Jun 2006, 20:42

Asjo wrote:So the first patch is late and pretty much nothing significant is changed. Have to admit I'm dissapointed :(

Might as well wait with installing a new match untill v. 1.2 comes. I never experiences problems when using the frezy (bezerk?) spell anyway. . .
Well, I think that fixed American copies with the Berserk spell... It must have fixed the Euro versions with the "skipping from the 3rd to the 5th map" in one campaign... as an American, I could never get the Berserk spell to work, but had no problem going from the 3rd to 4th mission... note there are differant patches (Euro and US)... maybe there are version-specific problem(s)?!?!

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 06 Jun 2006, 21:11

Wolfshanze wrote:I found that change interesting... I guess that was the "balancing" they said they would do with the first patch. I was thinking they were going to change some creature stats, but instead they just weakened an enemy elf hero.
Considering that MP has been non-existant, they probably hasn't enough data to do any tweakings of creature balance, regardless of what people cries about on message boards.

And skipping a map in campaigns seems to be something that only happens at times. I don't believe it has anything specific to do with "european" or "american" editions- as far as I know, the only differnence between Europe and America is that we get nifty stuff with our special edition and you get mostly crap.

As for Berserk- is it only I that find it ironic that they go and change half of the names of spells and then can't even keep track themselves :rofl:
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Raspyn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Raspyn » 06 Jun 2006, 21:11

Wolfshanze wrote:
Asjo wrote:So the first patch is late and pretty much nothing significant is changed. Have to admit I'm dissapointed :(

Well, I think that fixed American copies with the Berserk spell... It must have fixed the Euro versions with the "skipping from the 3rd to the 5th map" in one campaign... as an American, I could never get the Berserk spell to work, but had no problem going from the 3rd to 4th mission... note there are differant patches (Euro and US)... maybe there are version-specific problem(s)?!?!
I'm really not so sure it's like this.... I have the American version of the game as well, and the Frenzy spell has worked 100% of the time for me. I often cast frenzy instead of puppet master since frenzy doesn't delay that unit's initiative at all making it harder to dispel before that unit acts.

Either way - people who had these bugs has them squashed now. I just wouldn't blanket that all American copies had X bug and all Europe had Y bug.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Jun 2006, 21:15

Raspyn wrote: I'm really not so sure it's like this.... I have the American version of the game as well, and the Frenzy spell has worked 100% of the time for me. I often cast frenzy instead of puppet master since frenzy doesn't delay that unit's initiative at all making it harder to dispel before that unit acts.
Last I heard that bug only happens when the creature is Defending. Guess W. only casted it on defending critters.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 06 Jun 2006, 21:15

Gaidal Cain wrote: I don't believe it has anything specific to do with "european" or "american" editions- as far as I know, the only differnence between Europe and America is that we get nifty stuff with our special edition and you get mostly crap.
That would make sense if there was only ONE patch for any version of the game... but there is a Euro-patch and a US patch... there simply must be a differance to necessitate differant patches.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Jun 2006, 21:16

Wolfshanze wrote: That would make sense if there was only ONE patch for any version of the game... but there is a Euro-patch and a US patch... there simply must be a differance to necessitate differant patches.
The encoding of the .exe and other files. Not anything in the actual game.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 06 Jun 2006, 21:18

The first thing the patch did to my game is to make it crash! Has anyone crashing problems?

Btw, there are new pak files in the data folder. They simplied modded their game :devious:
Last edited by theGryphon on 06 Jun 2006, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 06 Jun 2006, 21:19

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Jun 2006, 21:21

theGryphon wrote:The first thing the patch did to my game is to make it crash! Has anyone crashing problems?
:lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu:
theGryphon wrote: Btw, there are new pak files in the data folder. They simplied modded their game :devious:
So,just like I said:Theyll comb the net for mods and release them as a patch.

galganog
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby galganog » 06 Jun 2006, 21:30

TheyGryphon. The patch may contain pak files but they didnlt just simply modd the game. They made hard coded changes to some of the programs files.

Don't use such generalizations all it does is feed the trolls like DamienLucifer.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 06 Jun 2006, 21:42

galganog wrote:Don't use such generalizations all it does is feed the trolls like DamienLucifer.
lol..... no offense, DL...

what i really wanna see though is the new shadow witch... anyone able to post a picture? im real interested...

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 06 Jun 2006, 21:45

Gaidal Cain wrote:
Wolfshanze wrote:I found that change interesting... I guess that was the "balancing" they said they would do with the first patch. I was thinking they were going to change some creature stats, but instead they just weakened an enemy elf hero.
Considering that MP has been non-existant, they probably hasn't enough data to do any tweakings of creature balance, regardless of what people cries about on message boards.
Completly agreed with this.

Leon_Shore
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Leon_Shore » 06 Jun 2006, 22:29

Installed the patch, and the Shadow Witches look the same to me. I even double checked to make sure the H5 executable was version 1.1.

Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 06 Jun 2006, 22:34

Gaidal Cain wrote:
Definitely +1.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 06 Jun 2006, 22:37

Leon_Shore wrote:Installed the patch, and the Shadow Witches look the same to me. I even double checked to make sure the H5 executable was version 1.1.
so whats this about a different model?

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 06 Jun 2006, 22:41

soupnazii wrote:
Leon_Shore wrote:Installed the patch, and the Shadow Witches look the same to me. I even double checked to make sure the H5 executable was version 1.1.
so whats this about a different model?
It's a differant model that looks exactly the same... either that, or they are just making stuff up again to pack the changes readme and make it look impressive.

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby addicted » 06 Jun 2006, 23:03

:| Just curious..
Seems to me, it wouldn't have took too much effort to implement the following in this first patch:

1. Why didn't they implement more than 1 hero to enter the castle at the same time and implement troops to be able to leave the castle to roam without a hero? I for one want this feature back.. I hate having to march all the way back to the castle to get troops when it is much more user friendly to let troops leave the castle and come to me.. Bring it back!

2. Wondering why they didn't add any new maps or unlock the those 'hidden' maps?

3. Why didn't they 'unblock' the cheat codes? I for one cannot see any logical reasoning to block this. I know some couldn't care less but a lot of fans want this feature back, including me.. Let us have the cheat codes! :yes:

4. In the fix list, it states, quote: "Training games results are NOT reported to Ubi.com now". Unquote.. Duh, I didn't know that was even in there.. and what is 'training' games anyway? :| Any more info being sent to Ubi.com unawares???? hmmmmm

5. In the fix list, it also states, quote: "The Expansion campaign map multiple fixes added (hero skills, messages, added guards)." Unquote.. What Expansion? :|

Well I still am disappointed with the 1st patch.. but I am not complaining, just confused a little and gravely disappointed.. (sigh)
Edited: #1 was just an after-thought, if it never gets implemented, it isn't no big deal, okay! There are far more other priorities more important to me to see fixed and implemented
Last edited by addicted on 07 Jun 2006, 10:11, edited 1 time in total.

akrav
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby akrav » 06 Jun 2006, 23:07

Wolfshanze wrote:
Writing artifact descriptions takes time. They'll get to it Soon™. devil
I'll bet you if I knew what all the artifact descriptions that were missing were... I could write "+2 to attack and 50% increase to fire spells" in a single 9-hour day (probably even a lot less).
theres already a mod that fixes the missing descriptions(was released on the 17th).
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 9471003444

Return to “Heroes V-VI”