Patch Change Discussion

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Raspyn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patch Change Discussion

Unread postby Raspyn » 06 Jun 2006, 16:28

There were a few key points from the readme that kind of stuck out at me, and I am curious how they have been changed.

- Druid Elder's Mana Feed ability fixed
- Temptress hero specialization fixed
- Shadow Witches have new model
- Demon character fixed
- Duel presets rebalanced

I'm curious how exactly all of these changed.... but in particular by saying the demon character "fixed", does this mean increased initiative / speed for this otherwise useless unit?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Jun 2006, 16:32

That's the one I want to know about.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 06 Jun 2006, 16:35

Yeah, anyone can try the patch and post a screenshot?
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Patch Change Discussion

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Jun 2006, 17:16

Raspyn wrote:There were a few key points from the readme that kind of stuck out at me, and I am curious how they have been changed.

- Demon character fixed

I'm curious how exactly all of these changed.... but in particular by saying the demon character "fixed", does this mean increased initiative / speed for this otherwise useless unit?
It says demon character,not faction.So I guess they fixed the inferno hero(I dont know whats tehere to fix with him,except tweaking the gating a bit).

Raspyn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Patch Change Discussion

Unread postby Raspyn » 06 Jun 2006, 17:50

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Raspyn wrote:There were a few key points from the readme that kind of stuck out at me, and I am curious how they have been changed.

- Demon character fixed

It says demon character,not faction.So I guess they fixed the inferno hero(I dont know whats tehere to fix with him,except tweaking the gating a bit).
Since they did say demon character, I was thinking they changed the stats on the horned demon / horned overseer unit.

I suppose this line is fairly open to interpretation, though.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 06 Jun 2006, 17:50

The Berserk spell now has the unit attack the nearest unit... instead of just sit there and twiddle it's thumbs for a turn which is what ALWAYS happened whenever I used Berserk... it was a useless spell for me... always made me mad... that's the only real fix I have noticed!

Purple Sky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Purple Sky » 06 Jun 2006, 17:54

The looks of the witches are changed? So Nival guys come here and read our complains? Or did they just fix some pixel glitches or something? If not, why dont they change blood furies as well?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Jun 2006, 17:55

Wolfshanze wrote:The Berserk spell now has the unit attack the nearest unit... instead of just sit there and twiddle it's thumbs for a turn which is what ALWAYS happened whenever I used Berserk... it was a useless spell for me... always made me mad... that's the only real fix I have noticed!
It worked perfectly for me evry time.

Purple Sky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Purple Sky » 06 Jun 2006, 17:59

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Wolfshanze wrote:The Berserk spell now has the unit attack the nearest unit... instead of just sit there and twiddle it's thumbs for a turn which is what ALWAYS happened whenever I used Berserk... it was a useless spell for me... always made me mad... that's the only real fix I have noticed!
It worked perfectly for me evry time.
Worked for me too!

Its quite odd but people tend to encounter totally different bugs.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Jun 2006, 18:06

Purple Sky wrote:Its quite odd but people tend to encounter totally different bugs.
No,not weird.Just shows how unfinished and untested the game is.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 06 Jun 2006, 18:08

I noticed there are seperate patches for the US and Euro versions of the game... maybe the US and Euro versions have differant bugs... as-with everything else with this game, maybe only Americans get useless Berserk spells that only make a creature sit there and look stupid instead of attacking.

As for the Demon Character fixed... I have no idea what that is... I've already installed the patch (with my inferno mod removed) and checked the game... I could see nothing differant with the demon creature in the town (Horned Demon or Horned Oversear). Not a single stat was changed on either from the default... so whatever this "Demon Creature Fixed" thing is supposed to be, it has nothing to do with changing the stats on the Demon or making him any more effective... by default, in v1.1, he's still a useless unit (time to put Inferno mod back in). Anybody got any ideas what this patch is supposed to fix with "the Demon Character"?!?! It's not the Horned Demon, that's for sure.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Jun 2006, 18:17

Wolfshanze wrote:As for the Demon Character fixed... I have no idea what that is... I've already installed the patch (with my inferno mod removed) and checked the game... I could see nothing differant with the demon creature in the town (Horned Demon or Horned Oversear). Not a single stat was changed on either from the default... so whatever this "Demon Creature Fixed" thing is supposed to be, it has nothing to do with changing the stats on the Demon or making him any more effective... by default, in v1.1, he's still a useless unit (time to put Inferno mod back in). Anybody got any ideas what this patch is supposed to fix with "the Demon Character"?!?! It's not the Horned Demon, that's for sure.
It either fixes the demon heroes in general(I still dont know whats there to fix in general),or it fixes agrael(again,I saw nothing that needs fixing).

Purple Sky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Purple Sky » 06 Jun 2006, 18:18

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Wolfshanze wrote:As for the Demon Character fixed... I have no idea what that is... I've already installed the patch (with my inferno mod removed) and checked the game... I could see nothing differant with the demon creature in the town (Horned Demon or Horned Oversear). Not a single stat was changed on either from the default... so whatever this "Demon Creature Fixed" thing is supposed to be, it has nothing to do with changing the stats on the Demon or making him any more effective... by default, in v1.1, he's still a useless unit (time to put Inferno mod back in). Anybody got any ideas what this patch is supposed to fix with "the Demon Character"?!?! It's not the Horned Demon, that's for sure.
It either fixes the demon heroes in general(I still dont know whats there to fix in general),or it fixes agrael(again,I saw nothing that needs fixing).
Maybe they are going to loose the dungeon model they made for Agrael out of laziness?

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 06 Jun 2006, 18:23

I've taken a further look... with 1.1 installed, there's some new PAK files in the data directory... right-off, I noticed some new (or changed) Demon MODELS listed. Perhaps this is the "Demon Character Fixed" thingie... they changed or fixed a Demon model?!?!?

Purple Sky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Purple Sky » 06 Jun 2006, 18:26

Wolfshanze wrote:I've taken a further look... with 1.1 installed, there's some new PAK files in the data directory... right-off, I noticed some new (or changed) Demon MODELS listed. Perhaps this is the "Demon Character Fixed" thingie... they changed or fixed a Demon model?!?!?
What i said. I disliked that Agrael was dungeon hero looking. I reckon they changed that.

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 06 Jun 2006, 18:39

Is it just me, or have they not yet fixed all the missing descriptions for artifacts... either I'm blind, or I didn't see this listed in "bugs fixed"... not much of a bug fix if they can't even squash this very obvious bug.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Jun 2006, 18:43

Purple Sky wrote:
Wolfshanze wrote:I've taken a further look... with 1.1 installed, there's some new PAK files in the data directory... right-off, I noticed some new (or changed) Demon MODELS listed. Perhaps this is the "Demon Character Fixed" thingie... they changed or fixed a Demon model?!?!?
What i said. I disliked that Agrael was dungeon hero looking. I reckon they changed that.
No,no,not agrael,but demon hero.The one chubby fellow that walks carying that stupid axe.Yes,Id like that one fixed.

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 06 Jun 2006, 18:44

Well, it's supposed to forestall a plot twist... (I will remain spoilerless here, although it seems so blatantly obvious in retrospect that it makes me cry...)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Jun 2006, 19:07

DaemianLucifer wrote: No,no,not agrael,but demon hero.The one chubby fellow that walks carying that stupid axe.Yes,Id like that one fixed.
Permanently.... *chop*

@Sikon
We kinda figured it out before the game went gold by the names... Orfinn takes credit as first.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 06 Jun 2006, 19:09

Has the patch been released? I heard it was just released … where do I go to download it?
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”