The Phoenix

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Paffka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Paffka » 07 Jun 2006, 06:37

Yeah I agree that it is stuppid to waste arrows,but now it is not waste.

Hipshot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Hipshot » 07 Jun 2006, 06:43

Anyone have a pic of this beast?

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 07 Jun 2006, 07:17

Here it is.

But heres how a phoenix really should look like....

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Jun 2006, 07:38

Orfinn wrote:Here it is.

But heres how a phoenix really should look like....
It does look more impresive in that screenshot there,than when I saw it,but that picture is surely the best.Why didnt they use that as a phoenix?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 07 Jun 2006, 07:54

DaemianLucifer wrote: It does look more impresive in that screenshot there,than when I saw it,but that picture is surely the best.Why didnt they use that as a phoenix?
It was NWC's take on a H5 phoenix. We only got to see it and a necropolis, but it looked mighty fine.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 07 Jun 2006, 07:58

That's the old NWC one and nival ditched everything NWC had done.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Jun 2006, 07:59

Gaidal Cain wrote:It was NWC's take on a H5 phoenix. We only got to see it and a necropolis, but it looked mighty fine.
So what?They bought all the rights on heroes,right?Including the right to use this in their game.So why do something from scratch if you already have something awesome you can use?

Leon_Shore
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Leon_Shore » 07 Jun 2006, 08:42

Summon Pheonix is so overpowered, it's not even funny. High spellpower + Summon Pheonix + Arcane Armor = easy bake oven. You set it and forget it.

First time I summoned Pheonix, I was perplexed. "Only one?! Nival what have you done?! Oh my god, I'm going to die!"

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 07 Jun 2006, 08:47

NWC wasn't going to use full 3D. Kind of hard to reuse graphics then. Besides, I wouln't want to start working on someone half-finished code. It's hard enough to work with my own if I've been away from it for a while.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Re: The Phoenix

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 07 Jun 2006, 15:54

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Only the summoned creature has those stats,and they depend on your spellpower.Neutral phoenixes are weaker,but they still are very strong,especially because of the fire shield and 100% rebirth(a bit too strong).
I don't believe that you can make a neutral creature "too strong". For individual cases, yes, and for (in-town) recruitables they need to be balanced with other factions. As a pure neutral, I think it's nice to have a real powerful creature (and the phoenix has traditionally gotten the short end of the stick. It deserves to be a terror on the battlefield for once! ;) )

Hipshot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Hipshot » 07 Jun 2006, 19:08

Ah yes, now I remember. It looks like a stupid fire dragon or something now. It _should_ look like a big bird on fire. I still think the Phoenix in H2 is the coolest one, how it glitters when it dies, it's a damn amazing effect. And the sound, omg the sound =)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 07 Jun 2006, 19:22

Qurqirish Dragon wrote:I don't believe that you can make a neutral creature "too strong". For individual cases, yes, and for (in-town) recruitables they need to be balanced with other factions. As a pure neutral, I think it's nice to have a real powerful creature (and the phoenix has traditionally gotten the short end of the stick. It deserves to be a terror on the battlefield for once! ;) )
I didnt say too strong,I said very strong.Something like crystal dragon from HIII.

juventas
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby juventas » 07 Jun 2006, 22:35

You know what's weird? After I beat Gilraen in Campaign 2 mission 3, the 4 phoenixes offered to join me! By then I didn't need them and just wanted the experience for my hero!

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 07 Jun 2006, 22:52

i think the new phoenix is nice and original, just like most of the things they have done with H5 (design/animation-wise, not gameplay or the Academy lineup). The attack looks great, although a bite is a bit dissapointing. however, fire breath would look abit silly, wouldnt it? maybe it could do something like a dive strike with its talons or something...

Continuity
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Continuity » 07 Jun 2006, 22:57

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Qurqirish Dragon wrote:I don't believe that you can make a neutral creature "too strong". For individual cases, yes, and for (in-town) recruitables they need to be balanced with other factions. As a pure neutral, I think it's nice to have a real powerful creature (and the phoenix has traditionally gotten the short end of the stick. It deserves to be a terror on the battlefield for once! ;) )
I didnt say too strong,I said very strong.Something like crystal dragon from HIII.
Yes you did:
You wrote:Only the summoned creature has those stats,and they depend on your spellpower.Neutral phoenixes are weaker,but they still are very strong,especially because of the fire shield and 100% rebirth(a bit too strong).

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jun 2006, 05:29

I wrote:(a bit too strong).
Meaning the rebirth is too powerful,not the creature itself.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 08 Jun 2006, 14:06

DaemianLucifer wrote:
I wrote:(a bit too strong).
Meaning the rebirth is too powerful,not the creature itself.
To which I reply with exactly what I said before. You cannot make a neutral "too strong." This includes its abilities.

Neutral creatures that are very powerful simply need to be handled carefully (like the Dracolich in WoG)

Wulfgar333
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Phoenix's

Unread postby Wulfgar333 » 19 Jul 2006, 17:13

In an earlier campaign I found them to be unstoppable. One pretty much decimated the enemy army. Based upon that, in the Ranger campaign I did the quest to get 5 Pheonix's, and the Nicolai army kicked my butt all over the map...still haven't figured out how to beat Nicolai, and am stuck in the campaign...and further, these particuloar 5 Pheon. were not that much more powerful that my Emerald Dragons, my hero Findan is Lvl.29, same as Nicolai.

Any help in the Ranger campaign would be appreciated, and more details on what level a leader has to be to create "unstoppable" Phoeonix's.

Thanks mates

gphillip@nycap.rr.com

Topic Pheonix's or Ranger please.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 19 Jul 2006, 17:15

Don't bother with the phoenixes. Just kill the spectral dragons and focus on the avenger ability. Target skeleton archers, liches, and vampires/spectral dragons and your life should be a lot easier. Light magic also helps.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Jul 2006, 21:01

Qurqirish Dragon wrote: To which I reply with exactly what I said before. You cannot make a neutral "too strong." This includes its abilities.
So if a netral had a "100% chance to kill a stack" ability it wouldn't be too strong?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes V-VI”