Pedant of Mastery

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Paffka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Pedant of Mastery

Unread postby Paffka » 06 Jun 2006, 08:47

I know what is this but where can I find it.And some people are saying that it is one of the best artifacts.Is it??? ;| ;|

5il3nc3r
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby 5il3nc3r » 06 Jun 2006, 13:21

Don't know if it's the best or not. What that artifact does is increase your primary skill level by one (and if you were already at expert, you'd get ultimate).
By primary skill, I mean necromancy, gating, counterstrike, avenger, artificer, irresistible magic.

Where to get it... well, it's sometimes sold in the artifact merchants (both the ones on the adventure map and the ones in town that can have it) or gotten from hard to win places (Dragon Utopia)

Those are places I personally have found it in. Don't know if it can be found elsewhere however.

5il
The pen is deadlier than the sword;
if the pen is very sharp and the sword very short.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Jun 2006, 16:24

Its not the best,but it surely is strong,and kind of imbalanced.It allows you to reach the ultimate racial skill(ultimate gating,ultimate necromancy,etc).I find it really dull that an artifact raises your skill this way,but...

Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 06 Jun 2006, 16:41

What's so imbalanced about it? Compare it to the ring which reduces spell cost by half, or gives +20% Initiative, etc.

Paffka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Paffka » 06 Jun 2006, 18:20

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:41 pm Post subject:
What's so imbalanced about it? Compare it to the ring which reduces spell cost by half, or gives +20% Initiative, etc.

Yes the ring is good,but i think that 5% necromancy more is much more bette r than half priced spells,when your hero is 30 lvl.Don't you think??

Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 06 Jun 2006, 19:38

Well, no, i don't, otherwise i wouldn't have posted what i posted =P

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Jun 2006, 19:44

Paffka wrote:Yes the ring is good,but i think that 5% necromancy more is much more bette r than half priced spells,when your hero is 30 lvl.Don't you think??
Another 5% on necromancy isnt that much once you have zounds of skell archers,but the ability to choose another favoured enemy,or to gate devils is a big boost.

Uh,a leprechaun vampire!What a cute little....AARGH!!! :devil:

Paffka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Paffka » 06 Jun 2006, 19:56

Yeah i think the primary skills are one of the best in the game,and a free lvl up is not bad.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 06 Jun 2006, 20:32

Can you reach the Ultimate level without this pendant?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Jun 2006, 21:00

Phobos wrote:Can you reach the Ultimate level without this pendant?
No,you cannot.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Pedant of Mastery

Unread postby Pitsu » 09 Jun 2006, 07:23

Paffka wrote:I know what is this but where can I find it.And some people are saying that it is one of the best artifacts.Is it??? ;| ;|
There is at least one also in sylvan campaign map 4 as a side questd object if I am not mistaken.

The funnt question I have is, what happens when the racial skill is not the first in your list? I understand from pedants description that it improves the first skill you have in your skilllist. Usually it is the racial skill, but IIRC in open beta or demo I once met someone who had a different order. Thus, with game editor or "hacking" it might be possible to put any skill to the first place. Will pedant of mastery crash the game then?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Jun 2006, 07:39

Doesnt the description say that it improves your racial skill,not your first skill?

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 09 Jun 2006, 07:49

description:
Grants hero a free level of his or her primary skill. This level is gained even if the hero's skill is on Expert level.
I think primary skill is the one which is the first in the list and for which one can have four abilities. And the abilities of primal skill do not appear in the common abilities tab along with others.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 09 Jun 2006, 08:26

<clueless h3 fan>Doesn't a hero have 4 primary skills?</clueless h3 fan>
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 09 Jun 2006, 08:40

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Phobos wrote:Can you reach the Ultimate level without this pendant?
No,you cannot.
What a stupid idea :mad: ... so every time I must find this artifact in order to use my skill on ultimate level? I think it should be changed...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 09 Jun 2006, 08:48

Gaidal Cain wrote:<clueless h3 fan>Doesn't a hero have 4 primary skills?</clueless h3 fan>
Yes, the description is confusing. Actually I did not check the primary skills after equiping the pedant, but avenger certainly went from expert to ultimate (although it was pointless, since i had no towns to chose the favourable enemies).

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Jun 2006, 08:52

Gaidal Cain wrote:<clueless h3 fan>Doesn't a hero have 4 primary skills?</clueless h3 fan>
Another of those stupid descriptions.It should say racial skill.

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 09 Jun 2006, 09:23

There are only 6 necklaces so you might has well equip the Pendant of Mastery but it's really only useful for Demon Lords since they get to gate Devils. For the other heroes, it's probably better to equip Dragon Teeth Necklace or Necklace of Power if you have those and Necros should always equip Necklace of the Blood Claw.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 09 Jun 2006, 09:29

Its useful for ranger as well as it gives you one more favoured enemy.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 17 Jul 2006, 19:55

Does it really give you the ultimate if you have expert? So for example, if I have Expert avenger and I get the pendant of mastery, all my troops will get luck on every shot?? Or is it just picking a fourth enemy?

Instant gating would be valuable. Also, why is DL telling everybody that then pendant is the only way to get the ultimate ability? What about the skill chart?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”