"What does this ability do..." thread

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 08 Jun 2006, 11:35

dragonn wrote:Well in long battles they are useful, but in short battles with fast units not...and you loose a turn for Imbueing/Marking each unit every time...
huh?? Once you've Mark'ed a unit, it's Mark'ed until the end of the battle. So whenever you cast a spell, the Mark'ed unit will be hit too. so no, you don't Mark/Imbue each unit or whatever.

@Gaidal
I think that Imbue Arrow is to be used in conjunction with spells with effects: Curses (but Ranger gets no Dark Magic spells for sure), or semi-disabling spells: Summoning's Wasp Swarm, or Destruction in combination with Master of Something. When every shot you take delays the unit's initiative by 30%, or decreases their armor, or even casts Meteor Shower (even at a low SpellPower), then it can be worth it. Of course, you don't necessarily use it every time, only if you deem it useful. Strategy != No-Brainer ;)

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 08 Jun 2006, 13:40

The only problem with Imbue arrow is that one of the other two skills (deadeye or rain of arrows) should be a prerequisite as its a useless skill priar to getting one of those as well.

Ranger mage guilds never get dark magic spells? Are there other mage guilds which have similar limitations?
~ Rapier.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 08 Jun 2006, 14:32

Gus wrote: huh?? Once you've Mark'ed a unit, it's Mark'ed until the end of the battle. So whenever you cast a spell, the Mark'ed unit will be hit too. so no, you don't Mark/Imbue each unit or whatever.
You misunderstood me. What I meant was that you have to choose each diffrent unit (Like this: You choose an Imp. You kill the Imp after a few turns. Now you wish to target a Succubi. You loose another turn just to pick her) you and it costs you a turn every time you do it... I think it would be better if you didn't loose a turn for Marking/Imbueing...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 08 Jun 2006, 14:56

well, yeah, of course, but then, why not Mark one of the toughest units first? If you cast it on a stack soon-to-die, then yes, it's a waste =)

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 08 Jun 2006, 15:35

Rapier wrote:Ranger mage guilds never get dark magic spells? Are there other mage guilds which have similar limitations?
Every town is, as you probably know, associated with two spell schools. This means that for every level in the guild, there'll be at least one spell from those schools. Sylvan is Destructive and Light, meaning that you at best can get a third level Dark Magic spell...

DL- yes, those are nice as well, but they're not exactly replacements for spells. More something you do to have enough mana.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 08 Jun 2006, 15:38

Rapier wrote:Ranger mage guilds never get dark magic spells? Are there other mage guilds which have similar limitations?
sorry, when i wrote "Ranger Mage Guild gets no Dark Magic Spells for sure", i meant that it wasn't sure they get some, while it is a given they get Destruction and Light.

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 08 Jun 2006, 16:05

Gaidal Cain wrote:
Every town is, as you probably know, associated with two spell schools. This means that for every level in the guild, there'll be at least one spell from those schools. Sylvan is Destructive and Light, meaning that you at best can get a third level Dark Magic spell...

DL- yes, those are nice as well, but they're not exactly replacements for spells. More something you do to have enough mana.
If I had know this :P My dungeon campain would have been summoning and destruction, rather than destruction and light.
~ Rapier.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 09 Jun 2006, 08:37

A like the Arftificer ability. But it's quite expensive. Some say that Ultimate Artificer does not work. I didn't have an occasion to try it out. So, does it reduce the artifact costs?
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Return to “Heroes V-VI”