Necro Campaign Mission 5: The Traitor

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
cher
Peasant
Peasant

Necro Campaign Mission 5: The Traitor

Unread postby cher » 05 Jun 2006, 20:27

I don't know what I'm missing. I've restarted this several times, Isobel is supposed to sail her ship around to the landing point off the Hill Fort but she can't get through the cluster of rocks standing in the water dividing the 2 areas of water. The only way I've been able to capture Godric's daughter is for Markal to take on the huge stack of Rakshasas which
seriously depletes his army, therefore, by the time he builds it up again to attack Hikm, he has no chance in ****

:|

Belmarduk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Belmarduk » 05 Jun 2006, 20:43

Honestly, this was easy. I was able to complete the map within a few weeks.

Killing the stack of Rakshasas is a joke. With raise dead and phantom forces you shouldn't take serious losses and by the time you engage them, you should have more than enough units to take them out. There are undead all over markal's side of the island. Grab them all. Get some units from your base, engage the rakshasa. (you should have about 200-300 skeleton archers by this point. I don't remember exact numbers.) Once they're dead, take the stack of wraiths behind them. This map is over from here.

Put isabel in the sanctuary south of her base, so when the mage hero shows up, he won't crush her and cause you to fail the mission, by the way.

Once you take godric's sister, just focus on raising your wraiths. The AI will (usually) focus on attacking them, and the wraiths have more than enough attack power to kill the angels in the ambush. If you exit this fight with any losses, you fail at raise dead.

After that's over, go straight to Godric.

The godric fight can be tricky relying on a single unit. Just keep your number of wraiths up and focus on the titans first, and then go down the line to next strongest monster, and next strongest monster, and so on and so forth. The fight will get exponentially easier with each major hitter you take down. When the haven troops pop up, don't sweat it, they should be much easier to crush than the mage troops were, and you should still have a full stack of wraiths.

This fight is even EASIER if you were able to build wights/wraiths at your base beforehand.

Mirage
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mirage » 05 Jun 2006, 20:45

I took Markal through the Rahkasha's, I think the best thing to do is cast slow on them asap as they spawned in one stack for me. Once they are slowed they get picked apart before they can do any real damage. Good luck

cher
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cher » 05 Jun 2006, 20:54

Thanks so much for the speedy replys. My hubby bought me the strategy guide and this is the one time I used it and it's sooooooo wrong LOL

I have another non-related question. Where is this forum based? I'm asking because I'm in Australia and for the other game I'm really active in (Tomb Raider) I always have to wait half a day to get an answer as everyone is on the other side of the world from me

kingu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kingu » 06 Jun 2006, 11:28

a nice spell to use would be Frenzy as well. Let them kill each other, I say

Minmaster
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Minmaster » 06 Jun 2006, 12:59

yup this was the easiest mission in the necro campaign. you can beat most neutrals w/o losing any units. for big stacks, use frenzy or puppet master, to make them kill each other and if they get close, send em backwards with puppet master. once you get angel wings, defeat the 2 mages (isabel was able to take care of it w/o sanctuary) and fly over the mountain to godric. godric is a piece of cake with your 500 skeli archers and raise dead. however, what happened with me is that after i killed all his academy troops, a bunch of haven creatures that deserted isabel appears. but even those are a piece of cake with implosion and meteor shower. all in all, it should take you about 3-4 weeks to finish this mission.

i found necro campaign too easy with raise dead, every necro neutrals joining you, and the hoarding of skeleton archers.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 06 Jun 2006, 13:57

cher wrote:I have another non-related question. Where is this forum based? I'm asking because I'm in Australia and for the other game I'm really active in (Tomb Raider) I always have to wait half a day to get an answer as everyone is on the other side of the world from me
The server is probably in Canada, but visitors comes from all over the world- mainly english speaking countries, and smaller countires without a community of their own though.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 06 Jun 2006, 13:58

I believe if you DELIBERATELY keep Isabel with a small army, this greatly reduces who shows up at the end of the big battle with Godric.

Snap
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Snap » 06 Jun 2006, 14:16

Am I the only one who flew over the hills right into Godric territory on angels' wings? I didn't even know you were supposed to fight some Rakshasas - I never even tried entering through the door :D I finished this scenario in 3-4 weeks.

cher
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cher » 06 Jun 2006, 23:11

:wall: I just can't beat this one, have tried all suggestions, about ready to quit now.

Raspyn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Raspyn » 06 Jun 2006, 23:51

Snap wrote:Am I the only one who flew over the hills right into Godric territory on angels' wings? I didn't even know you were supposed to fight some Rakshasas - I never even tried entering through the door :D I finished this scenario in 3-4 weeks.
Same here.... never knew there were Rakshasas in this map :)
That map took me all of 30 minutes to complete.

cher
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cher » 06 Jun 2006, 23:59

How is this possible? You had to fight the angels to get the wings and had to get past the rashashas to initiate that battle

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 07 Jun 2006, 01:12

cher wrote:How is this possible? You had to fight the angels to get the wings and had to get past the rashashas to initiate that battle
Not sure what you're talking about... picked-up Godrics daughter in tower near Haven city... cut scene says to take her to Lorekeep.

Start walking towards Lorekeep, get jumped by Angels.

Kill Angles, get wings.

Fly south over mountains to Godric's castle.

Kill Godric's Wizard army...

Kill deserted Haven troops...

Win scenario...

No problem.

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 07 Jun 2006, 02:47

Dismiss all of Isabel's army at the start except for 1 creature. Godric can't take her last creature, leave her in the haven town for the whole game and ignore her.

Markal takes any nearby necro-units and travels west. You need to kill the cavaliers as you go and get access to the hut of the magi so you can see Godric and Hikm.

Kill the Rakshakka, you can do it without losses providing you have a lot of mana. All you have to do is puppetmaster the last Rakshakka, make it walk away from you, and cast raise dead on all your stacks until they're all back at full. Frenzy (now that it isn't bugged) will help you alot.

Travel to the prison pick up Godric's daughter. Head back towards Lorekeep until the next cutscene. Either on the turn you kill the angels, or the turn after, fly over the mountains to Godric and attack. Make use of Puppetmaster and frenzy.

The real question is what level did you get Godric too in mission 2? If you didn't use him at all, then Godric will be level 10, you should have 10 levels on Godric at least and have no trouble. If you made him hit the level cap (as I did) you may be in for a very tough battle.

If you want an idea of timescale, you should be attacking Godric before he gets his second week of reinforcements. Most of the map is irrelevant. Orange doesn't even come into it providing you attack this soon.
~ Rapier.

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 07 Jun 2006, 03:29

Snap wrote:Am I the only one who flew over the hills right into Godric territory on angels' wings? I didn't even know you were supposed to fight some Rakshasas - I never even tried entering through the door :D I finished this scenario in 3-4 weeks.
That's what I did. I had my starting forces, went and captured the daughter, killed the angels, flew over the hills and won thanks to the broken summon phoenix spell. All I had other than that were my starting forces, and those wights which join you. It's an 820 hit points, big damage summoned monster, and with ~130 spell points (it costs 16)... i had to re-load once or twice (didn't realise I had to fight 2 battles in one so I wasted spell points), but I completed that map without exploring it at all!

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 07 Jun 2006, 04:17

Gee... your phoenix only had 820 HPs? Mine had over 1,000 for that battle! ;)

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 07 Jun 2006, 04:47

I had hit all previous level caps, but I didn't explore to get all the + spellpower boosting locations and, like I said, I did nothing on the last map so I had no artifacts to make it more powerful.

Jorgen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jorgen » 13 Jun 2006, 05:06

I'm playing on Heroic and arrived quite early in Godric's castle. After a hard fought battle, I have most of my troops intact (650 Skel Archers, 27 Wraiths, 24 Vampire Lords, 131 Plague Zombies, 15 Arch Liches). The Spectres are gone and all war machines too.

Now, as soon as I defeat the last remaining troop, from nowhere 67 Angels and followers join the opposing army .... No way can I ever hope to defeat those legions ... what gives? A bug?

For the record, I alt+F4 out of it because it seemed pointless to continue against those troops.
Kalifornien är vackert så här års.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 13 Jun 2006, 05:24

i've just collected the angel wings, so will be back to town for a quick restock and then off to Godric

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 13 Jun 2006, 05:29

Jorgen wrote:Now, as soon as I defeat the last remaining troop, from nowhere 67 Angels and followers join the opposing army .... No way can I ever hope to defeat those legions ... what gives? A bug?

For the record, I alt+F4 out of it because it seemed pointless to continue against those troops.
Not a bug. Godrik starts with a secondary haven army which consists of a base level of troops + whatever defects from Isabel. Thus don't let Isabel have any troops to defect (if you want, turn them into necro troops at the other castle) and preserve your spellpoints so that you can still summon phoenixes/whatever after the first phase of the battle.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”