3 map in the demon camp.... need help

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
wolf8t8t
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

3 map in the demon camp.... need help

Unread postby wolf8t8t » 02 Jun 2006, 20:29

:devil: Ok not to sound noobish but I'm playing the demon campaign, I got to the third map on Heroic and WTF?!?!? By month 2 there are swarms of everything everywhere! And you can't really get anything to combat them either. Now I've been reading the walkthroughs for the first two maps and I've been doing everything right. I mean I'm not the greatest homm player but I've seen many a maps. I can remember when Sandro was just a warlock. Anyways if anyone has any help or tips to give please do.....

Belmarduk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Belmarduk » 02 Jun 2006, 21:14

Look for the Conquest thread. There's a lot of good strategies, but the general consensus is that you need to take the NW elven town by the end of week 2. Take the southern town on the first day of week two, and immediately move up the road on the left side of the town. Take the gold and gem mines, and then take a right on the fork at the end of the road, kill the mages, take the crystal mine, and then move north past the colleseum up to the earth elementals. Kill them, and go NW. If the elf hero is away, take the town.

Use phantom forces to multiply your succubi. If you didn't take phantom forces on map 2, start over. Your phantoms should take up all of your hits until you make it to the nw town. If you lose more than 2 succubi before you've beaten the earth elementals, start over.

Once you've taken the town, try and build as many troop producing structures as you can before the end of the week and hope you can get enough by the time Gilraen shows up. And don't worry about all the neutral stacks around. Gilraen will pick them up, but you can do the same (and it's EASY if you have diplomacy) and you also get a boost in troop growth within your elf city. don't waste too much money on upgrading the southern town, but do consider bringing up any troops the town produces to use in your hero's army. Once Gilraen is dead, the rest is easy. Move to the NE once you have a suitably large army and take that town. After that, kill the druids.

Shhejtan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Shhejtan » 02 Jun 2006, 21:14

don't use inferno troops, do the following things:

1) capture the first sylvan town ASAP (before week one ends)
2) Defeat the phoenixes to the north ASAP
3) Capture second sylvan town ASAP (by the end of week two)
4) Whipe out the druids ASAP (and I mean ASAP)
5) Continue to leasurely whipe the level clean, it's a cakewalk from there

wolf8t8t
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Sweet

Unread postby wolf8t8t » 02 Jun 2006, 21:24

I'm going to try it that way.... I might start the whole damn thing over and pick up diplomacy it might make things easier for me

Belmarduk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Belmarduk » 02 Jun 2006, 21:32

Earth elementals are way easier to kill than the phoenixes, for the record.
I'm going to try it that way.... I might start the whole damn thing over and pick up diplomacy it might make things easier for me
Good idea. This map can be completely unbeatable if you made poor skill choices.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Jun 2006, 21:59

Actually you should capture the first sylvan town on day one of week two.Some people say that thats what trigers the druid spawns(I myself captured it on the second or third day of the game,so I dont know).

You need to be fast.Capture all three towns in a month,or at least eliminate the druids in a month.

Dont touch the phoenixes,attack eart elementals instead,its much easier,and can be done without loses(phantom forces and/or gating).

Make sure you do as much with your initial troops as posible(I managed to capture the first two towns and most of the mines using just the initial troops)before replacing them.

And be fast,very fast.Plan your movement three turns ahead.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”