After a Week of Heroes V …

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 02 Jun 2006, 22:17

ThunderTitan wrote:
Wolfshanze wrote: I have a high-end GeForce-6 and have no real problems with lag unless I deliberately choose a view that will chug it (literally eye level in the woods).
GeForce 6 right here, and it does lag. And i'm pretty sure 7's aren't exactly mid range.
I don't think you got my meaning... I'm basically saying complaints about lag are in direct proportion with what video card they have.

I've not heard any GF7 owners complain at all... I've heard a couple of GF6 owners complain... I've heard a LOT of GF5 and older owners complain.

I never said GF7 was midrange, I was making a completely differant point.

BTW, which GeForce-6 do you own? I have a 6800GT with all the graphics on max with AF and AA turned on, and I ONLY have lag when I go down to eye level... any other angle (even half-way) and I have no problems at all... so short of eye level in the woods, I don't have any lag problems on my GF6. Then again, my wife has a GF6600GT... the differance is very noticeable in lag (but then again, she also has half the memory I have with 512MB to my 1GB... so not sure which is killing her more, the memory or the video card).

Still, as I've said many times... I don't think the level of graphics in this game should require a high-end GF6 or GF7 to run smooth... they could have coded it better... just glad I do have a high-end GF6, otherwise I'd be one of the main complainers about lag!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Jun 2006, 22:50

Wolfshanze wrote:Then again, my wife has a GF6600GT... the differance is very noticeable in lag (but then again, she also has half the memory I have with 512MB to my 1GB... so not sure which is killing her more, the memory or the video card).
I'll lets you know which one it is as soon as I get some more RAM. ;)

And of course lag has to do with ur hardware. Even if it had a memory leak it would take way longer to crash if you had an uberPC.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 02 Jun 2006, 23:02

HodgePodge wrote:Don't get me wrong, folks. I'm not as disappointed as I thought I was going to be. For some reason, I thought I would really hate the game, but that's not the case. I am having fun when I'm not having trouble with the interface or listening to those lame voices in the cut-scenes.

It's just that when I first bought Heroes 4, I didn't like it at all. The changes seemed to be too drastic; but within a week of playing, the game grew on me to the point of me really loving it.

With Heroes 5, I liked the game straight away, and after a week of playing, the game hasn't grown on me to the point of me loving it, yet. Maybe after the glitches are patched & the Map Editor & more maps are available, I'll love Heroes 5 too. We'll see.

Anyhow, I too would give the game an 8 out of 10. When the Map Editor & more maps arrive, my rating may go up.
yes hp this is bether give the game som time and will talk lets say in 3 monthes if we are bothe around!
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 03 Jun 2006, 01:33

Orfinn wrote:They are playing just fine and dosent even ignore mines unless they are to heavely guarded
Are we playing the same game? The AI that I play against in the MP maps leave mines, artifiacts, etc. untaken for months even once they have plenty of troops to take the guardians.

On a 6 way MP map the AI only attacked me 2 times in the whole game. The first time was a messenger that got intercepted and the second time was when they had 0 castles.

I'd currently rate the AI's performance between H3 and H4. It's certainly not horrific and I believe it can be improved significantly.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”