Picky beasts aren't they?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Dublex
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dublex » 02 Jun 2006, 09:12

stefan.urlus wrote:yep - prolly too "difficult" to do those wonderful cgi cutscenes with every hero to cover all contingencies

;) :D
Why? Guildwars can manage it with any member of a party / any person who is the leader.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 02 Jun 2006, 18:17

This scenario is totally linear and rigid and it's completely annoying, having to restart the mission simply because you chose to tread one path first and then explored the other, when you actually had to do it the other way round (ha ha?). This is just plain dumb.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Jun 2006, 18:31

Metathron wrote:This scenario is totally linear and rigid and it's completely annoying, having to restart the mission simply because you chose to tread one path first and then explored the other, when you actually had to do it the other way round (ha ha?). This is just plain dumb.
Why would you retart it?I cleared both poaths when I played it(I munchkin,so what?)

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 02 Jun 2006, 18:42

I realized I could do the quest far out in the game, but since the army in the town I was supposed to take had an evergrowing army I didnt bother getting 100 hunters, i killed the dragons and won the final siege without no problemo.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 02 Jun 2006, 18:51

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Metathron wrote:This scenario is totally linear and rigid and it's completely annoying, having to restart the mission simply because you chose to tread one path first and then explored the other, when you actually had to do it the other way round (ha ha?). This is just plain dumb.
Why would you retart it?I cleared both poaths when I played it(I munchkin,so what?)
Because I explored the area around the sylvan town first and only after that ventured into the underground where an inferno hero caught up with me and decimated my (already diminished) ranks.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Jun 2006, 18:57

Metathron wrote:Because I explored the area around the sylvan town first and only after that ventured into the underground where an inferno hero caught up with me and decimated my (already diminished) ranks.
Why didnt you capture the sylvan town then?Besides,I didnt capture the inferno town until the start of week two(bought his creatures using the famous exploit)

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 02 Jun 2006, 19:33

I didn't capture that sylvan town until after all the others in the starting area. I thought it was pretty clear which way to go, what with the cutscreen showing the underground entrance and all.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Jun 2006, 20:44

I did the stupid mistake to take over most of the surface first, and then the underground. When I got to the last town I had to wait a few weeks to get enough forces to defeat the last army. I hate that.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Skullmane
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Skullmane » 02 Jun 2006, 21:38

DaemianLucifer wrote:(bought his creatures using the famous exploit)
What famous exploit...? :ashamed:

Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 02 Jun 2006, 21:44

I think he means capturing a town before the opponent took his Day 1 of the week, thus getting all of his creatures.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 02 Jun 2006, 21:59

when you are player one, and want to attack any player of a higher number than you, you can attack them on your day 1, which is their day 7. so you get your day one troops, but they dont. also, after you take over the town you can get their day 1 troops.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 02 Jun 2006, 22:06

Gus wrote:I think he means capturing a town before the opponent took his Day 1 of the week, thus getting all of his creatures.
Yes,thats the one.Since you are first to play,you are the first to recruit troops.

Baduum
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Baduum » 04 Jun 2006, 23:03

Was i the only one grinding the dragons to shadowy dust? :D I really hate the shadow dragons.... they are soo weak (imo) and i was in a hurry so just beated the crap outta them. the extra exp wasnt a big deal as this is the 4 map and the 5 map has no enemy AI.
They ride in a single file, to hide their numbers.

remihaya
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby remihaya » 29 Oct 2014, 14:06

Had this trouble yesterday.
First I tried with a Ranger hero with 104 Hunters.
Then I tried with another Ranger hero, now with 300 Master Hunters.
Finally, I succeeded by bringing Agrael all the way to the Shadow Dragons: I gave him the hunters and the dragon agreeded.
I tried giving Agrael both 100 and 300 hunters, it worked both ways.
Perhaps the Quest Description should have made it clear that it needed Agrael himself to deliver the hunters. Maybe it did and I wasn't paying attention, everybody tries to avoid giving sylvan troops to Agrael to avoid them deserting so using a Ranger is an obvious option.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”