Official Patch update

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Official Patch update

Unread postby addicted » 01 Jun 2006, 21:16

I emailed tech support (U.S site) about the release date of the patch; I just got this response back from tech support (UK)

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 2:35 PM
Subject: When is the patch going to be released for Herores of Might and MagicV?

Question:
When is the patch going to be released for Herores of Might and MagicV?

Answer:
Response (TRENT) - 06/01/2006 19:35

You have to understand that it takes a lot of time and energy to create a patch, let alone one that is bug free. We are working very hard to get it out as soon as possible. Expect it sometime early next week. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for contacting UBISOFT Technical support.
Trent
Ubisoft Technical Support

Jimmpi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Jimmpi » 01 Jun 2006, 21:28

Hope they have looked at the "bug list" on this site and that all of them has been fixed

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 01 Jun 2006, 21:35

Jimmpi wrote:Hope they have looked at the "bug list" on this site and that all of them has been fixed
I susepect that the first patch will not fix all of the bugs but many!
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 02 Jun 2006, 00:21

Yeah I guess the most eminent and easy-to-deal-with ones will be fixed for now. That's what I expected. The game should be "finalized" after 3-4 patches in like 9-12 months.
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 02 Jun 2006, 00:41

this sucks. i mean, its good that we can "expect it early next week" but i want it *now*

this patch sure better fix a LOT of things, otherwise what have they been doing all the months it's been gold? sitting on their hands?

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 02 Jun 2006, 01:44

Jimmpi wrote:Hope they have looked at the "bug list" on this site and that all of them has been fixed
if they looked at everything that was posted on this site, and read it all thoroughly, we would have a bug-free game made just the way we want it, with absolutely nothing to complain about. since, however, i doubt Ubi has the time or patience to go through all of the rubbish and nonesense (and some good ideas) posted on this site, i dont think we'll be getting that. it will be nice to see labout, but less than, half the major bugs fixed in the first patch. to hope for any more than that would be hoping for too much.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 02 Jun 2006, 02:57

waiting, waiting, waiting

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 02 Jun 2006, 03:53

Hmm, well I go to the oblivion forums often and Bethesda released a 'beta' patch one month ago and have not given any information on the actual patch since. (Fortunately I'm bug free in that game).

I'm starting to worry about size. I usually transfer my files from my internet machine to my gaming machine. I know a bug fix patch probably won't be big, but does anyone have an idea how big map files are? I imagine the amount of 3d data etc. makes maps big files.

Thanks

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 02 Jun 2006, 04:02

If you buy a usb transfer cable you can transfer any sized file. If you routinely download on one machine and game on another it may worth the investment. (It isn't a large cost at least in the uk).

I just want the changelist for the patch, I don't care if the patch is a week later, I want to know what's being addressed.
~ Rapier.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 02 Jun 2006, 04:11

that would be very nice to know, wasn't there some info floating about that it was more about balance than bugs??

Logan Warbringer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Logan Warbringer » 02 Jun 2006, 09:13

I've played the game for several days and didn't encounter as many bugs as people claim there is. Maybe some of the bugs (for example, problems with long AI movement) depend on system configuration?
What was really noticeable and does not appear in the bug list - during the combat there is no way to see, what spells currently affect a chosen stack of creatures. This should be fixed.

However, I think that the thing fans need the most within this patch is the MAP EDITOR.
No editor - no future for this game. It's that important. With all due respect to the game itself the lack of map editor is the worst thing I could imagine.

Dear Ubisoft - give us, mapmakers, our beloved tool:)
http://www.heroesportal.net -- More than 2000 maps for Heroes of Might and Magic I, II, III, IV. Forums and chat in heroic style! Various tourneys and everything a real hero needs!

DuRieL
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby DuRieL » 02 Jun 2006, 10:21

Logan Warbringer wrote:What was really noticeable and does not appear in the bug list - during the combat there is no way to see, what spells currently affect a chosen stack of creatures. This should be fixed.
Actually, if you double right-click a stack, I believe it displays all the spells and - skills too - that affect it.
Logan Warbringer wrote:Dear Ubisoft - give us, mapmakers, our beloved tool:)
Couldn't have said it better myself.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 02 Jun 2006, 14:06

i dont know if you'v heard, but Fabrice said, i dont remember when, but not very long ago, that the editor (and the RMG) will come with the first major patch, expected to be released around July.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 02 Jun 2006, 14:34

*drums* maybe we dont get the map editor with this juni patch then *drums* 8|

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 02 Jun 2006, 14:39

July sounds acceptable for the map editor, but no later than that.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”