VERY ANNOYING

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Bloodstar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

VERY ANNOYING

Unread postby Bloodstar » 28 May 2006, 11:06

I played some hot seat yesterday and now see what others have pointed out...
Size of the units on 3D strategic map is too small when zoomed out to max...
So, I must to right click on them to see is it Peasant to attack or some shooter to avoid early ... grrrr.

Yes, I know that if they are bigger than they would be out of propportion but Civ IV have solved this great - there is no decrease of functionality if you zoom out to max!

This is another think that is done lousier than H3 or H4... and another thing that will slow the game... camera problems are also big, 3D graphics brought WOW graphics but throwed functionality out of window... Blah.

mrmud
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mrmud » 28 May 2006, 11:49

I have been completely unable to target some creatures hiding behind larger ones, but thats what you get when you actually consider utility vs graphics to be something to that requires consideration.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 28 May 2006, 12:11

Yes,I hate it when I have to rotate my camera just to get one shot,then rotate it back.And I hate when I have to rotate on adventure map in order not to miss something.And mines are way much easier to miss now,since they fit so well with the enviroment.While this looks very nice,it is quite annoying.

Purple Sky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Purple Sky » 28 May 2006, 12:21

Wow, thats a real problems. Cant play the game because of it.
/end sarcasm.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 28 May 2006, 12:25

I've hated it for the first few hours during the closed beta. Then I got used to it and now I never miss out anything. It's just a matter of habit, trust me.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 28 May 2006, 12:28

You can get used to banging your head against the wall too, but that doesn't mean it's good for you.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 28 May 2006, 12:30

Its not?Damn,Ill have to quit it now!But...oh,just once more :wall:

Bloodstar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bloodstar » 28 May 2006, 12:48

Purple Sky wrote:Wow, thats a real problems. Cant play the game because of it.
/end sarcasm.
I didn't said that it destroyed the game... Game still have one more turn feeling and it is well made.

Don't need to be sarcastic.

If I want to play role of devil's advocate then I would say that this is almost the thing from Silent Storm (92% chance to hit and BANG, nothing hehe) so nothing new regarding Nival...

Can't wait for Jon Van Caneghem new game though, those amateurs are not close to him...

And lastly, I still have to see how game will be played when you have 8 cities on some very big map for example, it was hard in H3 or H4 and can't imagine how it will be in H5... Nival used their engine from Silent Storm for H5. OK fine, but how Firaxis have managed to not ruin Civ 4 that is question for you. They used NETIMMERSE 3D engine.

Mario

Bloodstar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bloodstar » 28 May 2006, 12:51

DaemianLucifer wrote:Yes,I hate it when I have to rotate my camera just to get one shot,then rotate it back.And I hate when I have to rotate on adventure map in order not to miss something.And mines are way much easier to miss now,since they fit so well with the enviroment.While this looks very nice,it is quite annoying.
Exactly... B-)

BTW, 3D graphics have made quite a huge step hehe but all looks very familiar from Playstation 2 Heroes game hehehehehe. I mean 3D is 3D... still not very realistic...

Bloodstar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bloodstar » 28 May 2006, 12:56

Infiltrator wrote:I've hated it for the first few hours during the closed beta. Then I got used to it and now I never miss out anything. It's just a matter of habit, trust me.
Maybe you are right... even donkey get used to his master
:D

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 28 May 2006, 13:14

Bloodstar wrote:BTW, 3D graphics have made quite a huge step hehe but all looks very familiar from Playstation 2 Heroes game hehehehehe. I mean 3D is 3D... still not very realistic...
Not true.Myths 3D looks very realistic.And you dont have to rotate cameras every few steps.

mrmud
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mrmud » 28 May 2006, 13:26

I think its pretty sad that people are so starved of turnbased strategy games ala homm that they will defend even the really crappy parts of the game.

Just because its a rare genre doesnt mean the game has to be unpolished (and no one can claim homm5 is polished).

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 28 May 2006, 13:27

I'm not really lots of problems [so far with the camera]. There were a couple of times that I almost missed an artifact, woodpile, etc. but overall it's not TOO bad.

Of course I don't usually zoom out to the max on the standard adventure map I'm sure that's most of the reason why I don't have as many issues.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 28 May 2006, 13:38

When I am fighting battles I like to zoom in one notch from max. This allows me to see the whole field but not cut off any squares. I have not yet had aiming problems.

On the adventure map I cruise in overhead and zoom in to look around when there might be resources or artifacts and then I zoom back out. I'm used to it now.

Bloodstar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bloodstar » 28 May 2006, 14:07

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Bloodstar wrote:BTW, 3D graphics have made quite a huge step hehe but all looks very familiar from Playstation 2 Heroes game hehehehehe. I mean 3D is 3D... still not very realistic...
Not true.Myths 3D looks very realistic.And you dont have to rotate cameras every few steps.
OK, that is one example... I played Myth 1 and actually finished it... bloodbath, throwing bombs etc, great game... I am not against 3D just for the sake of it.

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby addicted » 28 May 2006, 14:19

I hate the camera mess with a purple passion!!!! Can't see needed items hidden by the forest, its like playing from a rocking boat, having to move the camera all over to find something and still missing it, getting very sea sick!
I hate all the darkness, where are the blue sky kingdoms? Those are the two most annoying things to me so far.. I just started so I can't comment on the rest but so far I am disappointed.

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 28 May 2006, 14:21

another terribly annoying thing with the camera resides in HotSeat mode.

if 1 players camera is facing one way..perfect for that player, then it goes to next player turn..he has to turn the camera so its fine for him..then it chages again for the other player. cameras should be seperate for plaeyrs

Return to “Heroes V-VI”